BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Almost all cars has been shown with the carbon interior trim. So lets try to see if we can collect pictures of all the available trims.

Interior trim Aluminium Rhombicle Anthrazit
This is the standard trim for the M50, but it has been really hard to find a actual picture of the trim!

Speedometer Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Gear shift

Fine-wood trim oak grain open-pored

Car Vehicle Land vehicle Tire Motor vehicle

Car Automotive design Motor vehicle Gear shift Vehicle

Carbon Fibre

Vehicle Speedometer Car Gear shift Wheel

Automotive design Grey Vehicle door Personal luxury car Vehicle

Anyone got pictures of the other trims?

·
Registered
573 Posts
I am torn between oak and carbon. I prefer oak because its less reflective. I like the look of carbon. I'd really prefer a brown, open pore instead of a grey open pore.

·
Registered
i4 eDrive40/ Sport, 18"(styling 853)/ Saphire Black/ Mocca/ Fully Loaded...
86 Posts
I ordered with piano black. I currently have this in my 420i Grand C. Love it; no scratches, in bright sun you might see some dust indeed.

·
Registered
Tanzanite M50, red sensatec, carbon fiber trim, red brakes, 859" wheels, DAAP, PAP, premium. lsrlite
353 Posts
I am torn between oak and carbon. I prefer oak because its less reflective. I like the look of carbon. I'd really prefer a brown, open pore instead of a grey open pore.
Yea I like the look of carbon fiber, but I do prefer matte finish because of prints and dust. Ultimately I went with the oak open pore, if the carbon fiber was not $300, I probably would have gotten it. I know it's a little silly to eliminate something that costs $300 off of a 70k+ car but I have to draw the line somewhere, plus I did that in a few other places and all that adds up.

Reactions: Jpuff

·
Registered
M50 San Remo Green Fiona Red/Black Extended Merino
224 Posts
I went with open pore oak. If i could i would have brushed aluminium like in my previous car. I like the look of carbon, but i hated the piano black surface that is standard in the center console in the G30, and carbon looks just as glossy to my eye..

To bad the aluminium style mesh stuff looks like cheap wraps or something..

·
Registered
573 Posts
That's a lot of money for some trim. TBH, I don't notice trim in the car much unless the sun is reflecting off it. I'd happily have just leather everywhere.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I went with open pore oak. If i could i would have brushed aluminium like in my previous car. I like the look of carbon, but i hated the piano black surface that is standard in the center console in the G30, and carbon looks just as glossy to my eye..

To bad the aluminium style mesh stuff looks like cheap wraps or something..
I too got the brushed aluminium in my 530e and love it. Would get it again especially if it was 0 cost option like Alu trims for M50 are here in Finland. But now I'm getting the Carbon Fibre, but its merely the best of all the bad options .. I don't particularly enjoy Alu Rhombicle and I think it will be in most of the cars anyway, so thats what threw me off.

·
Registered
369 Posts
I don’t know, I quite like the alu trim. It looks modern and not something you would put on a boat, at the same time durable with no fingerprints and scratches. Would really like to see and touch it in real life, still.
The CF is a bit shouty, it’s very racing.
I think I will only pick that if I go all out with exterior carbon fiber as well. But summing everything up you could buy a perfectly good used car only in carbon fiber trim costs.
carbon fiber backs for m sport seats look very nice, but I guess it’s not something I will see very often.
The thing I would like the most is the carbon fiber front lip.

·
Registered
318 Posts
I don’t know, I quite like the alu trim. It looks modern and not something you would put on a boat, at the same time durable with no fingerprints and scratches. Would really like to see and touch it in real life, still.
The CF is a bit shouty, it’s very racing.
I think I will only pick that if I go all out with exterior carbon fiber as well. But summing everything up you could buy a perfectly good used car only in carbon fiber trim costs.
carbon fiber backs for m sport seats look very nice, but I guess it’s not something I will see very often.
The thing I would like the most is the carbon fiber front lip.
I selected the alu. Everything looks so shiny and easy scratchable, not a fan. I have piano gloss in my car now, looks horrible with the scratches and it looks like carbon is going to live up to the same fate.

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
I selected the alu. Everything looks so shiny and easy scratchable, not a fan. I have piano gloss in my car now, looks horrible with the scratches and it looks like carbon is going to live up to the same fate.
Did you choose Aluminium Rhombicle Anthrazit or Aluminium 'Mesheffect' ?

I would love to see a picture of the mesheffect in a i4, but cant find it.

Have found this from a 3 series. Actually think the mesheffect looks better and less cheap than the Rhombicle

Gear shift Car Automotive design Personal luxury car Communication Device

Car Gear shift Vehicle Automotive design Steering part

EDIT:

Found some really high-res pictures of the mesheffect (but in the 4series GC). Think it looks pretty good. Will see if I can find a dealer who has this trim, and then change from rhombicle to mesheffect.

Mesheffect 1
More here

·
Registered
318 Posts
Did you choose Aluminium Rhombicle Anthrazit or Aluminium 'Mesheffect' ?

I would love to see a picture of the mesheffect in a i4, but cant find it.

Have found this from a 3 series. Actually think the mesheffect looks better and less cheap than the Rhombicle

View attachment 3648
View attachment 3649
The Aluminium Rhombicle Anthracite. But I think they all look kinda cheap.

·
Registered
Tanzanite M50, red sensatec, carbon fiber trim, red brakes, 859" wheels, DAAP, PAP, premium. lsrlite
353 Posts
The Aluminium Rhombicle Anthracite. But I think they all look kinda cheap.
Yea I wasnt blown away with any of them, ended up ordering with the open pore wood one.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
Also some times the wood might have an unattractive design. I mean a friend has, by "luck" some weird rings and lines that resemble a ...demon (his words). If I meet him in holidays I ll take a picture.

1 - 20 of 71 Posts