BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,

I was surprised to see European Delivery in the options document that was posted in another thread. I thought the option was not available anymore here in Canada.
Anyone is aware?
I'll ask the dealer next week when I got to the event to checkout the car.

If it is I'm very tempted to do it.

Rectangle Font Line Material property Screenshot

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
^^^^^^ Why ?
Do you have a plane to fly your i4 back to 馃嚚馃嚘 Canada?
hahaha 馃槀
BMW takes care of bringing the car back. Here are some details on the program, worth reading.

In theory the program was cancelled last year.

In a nutshell,
  • you fly to Munich, visit the factory and museum at the BMW Welt.
  • Take delivery of your car.
  • Get to drive it in the autobahn.
  • Go on vacation across Europe with your own car, if you want.
  • Drop off the car at one of the port options, can be outside Germany like France, Netherlands, etc
  • BMW covers 2 weeks of registration and insurance, can extend for a fee.
  • Fly back to Canada and wait for your car to get shipped to your Canadian dealer.
  • Take delivery again.

Pretty interesting in my opinion, but like I said I don't think they offer this anymore for North America unfortunately. Many other European brands like Porsche, Mercedes, Audi and/or Volvo have similar programs.

Registered
Kona EV, 335i convertible, K1600b mc
hahaha 馃槀
BMW takes care of bringing the car back. Here are some details on the program, worth reading.

In theory the program was cancelled last year.

In a nutshell,
  • you fly to Munich, visit the factory and museum at the BMW Welt.
  • Take delivery of your car.
  • Get to drive it in the autobahn.
  • Go on vacation across Europe with your own car, if you want.
  • Drop off the car at one of the port options, can be outside Germany like France, Netherlands, etc
  • BMW covers 2 weeks of registration and insurance, can extend for a fee.
  • Fly back to Canada and wait for your car to get shipped to your Canadian dealer.
  • Take delivery again.

Pretty interesting in my opinion, but like I said I don't think they offer this anymore for North America unfortunately. Many other European brands like Porsche, Mercedes, Audi and/or Volvo have similar programs.
Cool. ...yeah that would be nice driving on the autobahn again.
Before all this covid crap, that was one of my dream vacations to visit Germany again and rent an electric vehicle and Hammerstein on the Autobahn. ...I miss driving thru intersections there, cuz at least the Germans can get an abundance of vehicles thru on an advance green. Now on the other hand , the worst place I drove in, was Syria. Hehe

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I asked the question on the youtube video of the Toronto dealer that was showcasing the pricing guide and he confirmed the program is terminated and that the pricing guide is just not up to date with the change.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts