BMW i4 Forum banner

Is your build week 31?

1 - 20 of 475 Posts

·
Premium Member
222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have seen quite a few posts from users being bumped from week 30 to week 31 build week.

Week 31 is gearing up to be a busy week for the BMW factory. If your new build week is 31, can you kindly say hello, or vote in the poll? This way we’ll all see if only some get delayed again or not.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2020 330i xDrive Portimao Blue
1,968 Posts
For the moment I expect to be bumped. I have emails into both my CA and the Genius Concierge.

Reactions: cruzer666

·
Registered
91 Posts
I have seen quite a few posts from users being bumped from week 30 to week 31 build week.

Week 31 is gearing up to be a busy week for the BMW factory. If your new build week is 31, can you kindly say hello, or vote in the poll? This way we’ll all see if only some get delayed again or not.

Thanks!
Good idea, you beat me to it! Here’s to hoping we all get VINs soon and can obsessively track the shipping process together. My CA confirmed this morning that he also saw Week 31 on his side, so at least for now it’s holding for me.

Reactions: cruzer666 and ssh

·
Registered
564 Posts
Well if we aren’t in production by mid day tomorrow (EDT) we are most likely bumped again.

·
Premium Member
1,968 Posts
Well if we aren’t in production by mid day tomorrow (EDT) we are most likely bumped again.
Depends. It might be start week (which is what the Genius has said to me). I give them until Monday the 1st if they still claim wk 31 when they reply this time.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Depends. It might be start week (which is what the Genius has said to me). I give them until Monday the 1st if they still claim wk 31 when they reply this time.
Nope week means production finished not start.

Waiting for my M50......

·
Registered
91 Posts
Haha I got week 31 too, but I had my bump back in week 25. Interestingly BMW never allocated me a July production week.

·
Registered
679 Posts
LOL, great idea @cruzer666 . Can you also arrange a virtual wake online so we can all commiserate together when we all get bumped? 🥳

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
LOL, great idea @cruzer666 . Can you also arrange a virtual wake online so we can all commiserate together when we all get bumped?
We can hold a Teams or Zoom meeting where we all drink and cry....

Waiting for my M50......

·
Registered
5.0 V8 Range Rover, Smart Roadster
369 Posts
You should add another poll later - who was in week 31 and got bumped?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Nope week means production finished not start.

Waiting for my M50......
Is there a definitive answer on this? I’ve gotten conflicting info on it... Genius line told me production week is when it’s supposed to start, while my CA told me it’s actually when it’s supposed to end. 🤷‍♂️

·
Premium Member
1,968 Posts
Is there a definitive answer on this? I’ve gotten conflicting info on it... Genius line told me production week is when it’s supposed to start, while my CA told me it’s actually when it’s supposed to end. 🤷‍♂️
I’ve seen both. I’m holding it loosely.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Well since they don’t have any ability to hold to a schedule it is impossible to say right now. Historically however BMW production week was always the week the vehicle would finish production.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Yeah it used to be so that you start production about a week (sometimes two) before and finish on the scheduled week. Now I dunno what they do, maybe BMW just produces cars and sorts it out at the way out whose order it matches.

• Haha
Reactions: ssh

·
Registered
679 Posts
I'm not sure about terminology but my car is 'scheduled' (BMW dictionary defines that differently to the Oxford English Dictionary), for build, week 31, at the dealers, week 34.

Reactions: ssh

·
Registered
148 Posts
Yeah it used to be so that you start production about a week (sometimes two) before and finish on the scheduled week. Now I dunno what they do, maybe BMW just produces cars and sorts it out at the way out whose order it matches.
Well the language the BMW genius emails have used has been explicit in saying that my car is scheduled to begin production week 31

·
Registered
i4 M50 Brooklyn Grey
38 Posts
Well the language the BMW genius emails have used has been explicit in saying that my car is scheduled to begin production week 31
I'm Week 31 too (it's been pretty stable for about a month now). Every time I call Genius, they said that is the week it starts production, not that it finishes production. I do keep thinking I'm going to get bumped so not getting my hopes up.

·
Registered
572 Posts
I'm just waiting in the wings for all of you to join my "week 32 support group".

·
Registered
564 Posts
I'm just waiting in the wings for all of you to join my "week 32 support group".
Haha ya I’m almost certain by Tuesday this title will change to the week 32 support group

1 - 20 of 475 Posts