BMW i4 Forum banner

Is your build week 31?

381 - 400 of 450 Posts

·
Registered
'23 Mineral White i4 M50
135 Posts
Individual approval takes 2 days, and Full Tartufo is not Manufaktur so it will not take 10 weeks of lead time. My approval came in a couple of days, but my Manufaktur requests will have a lead time of 9 weeks - matching my estimated production week of 43.

View attachment 13288

IMO, submit your inquiry and you will find exactly if this is going to delay your build or not in a couple of days. No need to assume that automatically your build will be delayed by just asking.
I believe the special exterior colors are not all certified for DAPP, if that matters to you.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I'm at 153 now too :). Probably no more movement today since it's almost 8 pm in Munich.
Looks like our cars are twins. Mine is also an e40 M Sport Portimao Blue. I was at 153 this morning, but it just switched to 154 a few minutes ago.

·
Registered
2022 2023 i4 eDrive40 M sport
30 Posts
Looks like our cars are twins. Mine is also an e40 M Sport Portimao Blue. I was at 153 this morning, but it just switched to 154 a few minutes ago.
Nice, you have good taste! I figured they were done for the day so quit looking, but since your comment, I looked again and am now 155. Looks like they may make the 8/3/22 date after all. Very excited!

·
Registered
2022 2023 i4 eDrive40 M sport
30 Posts
Nice, you have good taste! I figured they were done for the day so quit looking, but since your comment, I looked again and am now 155. Looks like they may make the 8/3/22 date after all. Very excited!
Just got a 182 status, Awaiting Carrier Assignment. It's done and almost on its way.
Now got Dispatched from Factory, 190. It is truly on its way!

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Individual approval takes 2 days, and Full Tartufo is not Manufaktur so it will not take 10 weeks of lead time. My approval came in a couple of days, but my Manufaktur requests will have a lead time of 9 weeks - matching my estimated production week of 43.

View attachment 13288

IMO, submit your inquiry and you will find exactly if this is going to delay your build or not in a couple of days. No need to assume that automatically your build will be delayed by just asking.
No mine would not be the standard tartufo.
While the dark stitching on cognac was okay.
If I go tartufo, I want light stitching. I have a friend with an M5 Competition with that color combination and I was told if they have to change color of the stitching, there is real lead time. It won't be less than six weeks.

I don't want to do anything that might delay the car from being delivered this year

If my car is delayed again; that will probably push delivery into next year. That creates an issue:

To get the $7500 if the laws change I need a real contract done between senate approval and Biden signature.

But, if it gets delayed again and pushed to next year, then it won't matter and I'll ask for true individual with contrast stitching and live with the lead time.

Right now, it's get the car here before end of year.
If that slips, then I just don't care.

Waiting for my M50......

·
Registered
83 Posts
Just got a 182 status, Awaiting Carrier Assignment. It's done and almost on its way.
Wow, that was fast! Needless to say, I’ll continue to check my status every 5 minutes for the remainder of the day... still at 153

• Haha
Reactions: ssh and Blinget52

·
Registered
697 Posts
No mine would not be the standard tartufo.
While the dark stitching on cognac was okay.
If I go tartufo, I want light stitching. I have a friend with an M5 Competition with that color combination and I was told if they have to change color of the stitching, there is real lead time. It won't be less than six weeks.

I don't want to do anything that might delay the car from being delivered this year

If my car is delayed again; that will probably push delivery into next year. That creates an issue:

To get the $7500 if the laws change I need a real contract done between senate approval and Biden signature.

But, if it gets delayed again and pushed to next year, then it won't matter and I'll ask for true individual with contrast stitching and live with the lead time.

Right now, it's get the car here before end of year.
If that slips, then I just don't care.

Waiting for my M50......
Full Tartufo has light brown stitching, the black leather on dash will have the same light brown stitching. The floor mats will have Tartufo piping standard.

Any other stitching color, or a full black dash, will be Manufaktur.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Just to summarize the week 31 (this week) situation: While a number of week 31 people got their VINs by Wednesday of last week (i.e., in week 30), then a slew of us week 31'ers were bumped to week 32 during last week and this week, did any week 31'ers who entered week 31 this past Monday get a VIN this week (i.e., during week 31?) or did all remaining 31er's get bumped to week 32 (or later). I'm trying to understand whether you either get your VIN the week before your week - or you eventually get bumped to the next week after your scheduled week.

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #394 · (Edited)
Just to summarize the week 31 (this week) situation: While a number of week 31 people got their VINs by Wednesday of last week (i.e., in week 30), then a slew of us week 31'ers were bumped to week 32 during last week and this week, did any week 31'ers who entered week 31 this past Monday get a VIN this week (i.e., during week 31?) or did all remaining 31er's get bumped to week 32 (or later). I'm trying to understand whether you either get your VIN the week before your week - or you eventually get bumped to the next week after your scheduled week.
Several have said they got bumped but most haven't updated their answer to the poll. A sensible assumption would be that they got bumped to week 32 or later.

Based on answers and watching the forums, here are the Week 31 results:
People that answered they are on Week 31:
  • Total: 43
  • VINs: 8 out of 43 - Success rate 18.6%
  • Bumped: 35 (14 still need to confirm but see my assumption)

Reactions: jeffc42 and sizeej

·
Registered
2020 330i xDrive Portimao Blue
1,635 Posts
Leave me some paint for next week!

Reactions: Blinget52

·
Registered
82 Posts
I am 151 (Exterior Body Assembly Begins/Your BMW is taking shape. Exterior Body Construction has begun.). Happened this am and I hoping to catch every step along the way by obsessively refreshing my garage like one every 10min (ok who am I kidding, it will be more often).
152 (In the paint booth/Your BMW is ready to show its true colors in the paint shop). No I am not checking aggressively. Just the right amount of times per hour…

• Haha
Reactions: ssh and Blinget52

·
Registered
'23 Mineral White i4 M50
135 Posts
It appears that essentially everyone gets their VIN the week before their scheduled week. The great majority of week 31 people got their VIN in week 30. A few people (one or two maybe) got it the last Friday of week 29. That pattern seems to be repeating for week 32 (a couple people getting VINs at end of week 30, most people getting them in week 31)

·
Registered
2020 330i xDrive Portimao Blue
1,635 Posts
It appears that essentially everyone gets their VIN the week before their scheduled week. The great majority of week 31 people got their VIN in week 30. A few people (one or two maybe) got it the last Friday of week 29.
I thought there were 1 or 2 who got it early week 31?

·
Registered
'23 Mineral White i4 M50
135 Posts
I thought there were 1 or 2 who got it early week 31?
None that I observed, or I'm guessing these folks don't check on a daily basis and really got their VINs in week 30 :ROFLMAO: I just don't think it happens

·
Registered
140 Posts
None that I observed, or I'm guessing these folks don't check on a daily basis and really got their VINs in week 30 :ROFLMAO: I just don't think it happens
OK - So that leads me to believe that since I have not gotten a VIN yet (in week 31) for week 32, that tomorrow will be Bump Thursday.

Reactions: Ilektriksky
381 - 400 of 450 Posts