BMW i4 Forum banner

Is your build week 31?

401 - 420 of 450 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
I thought there were 1 or 2 who got it early week 31?
I think there were a couple that received a VIN early this week, they may have posted in the week 32 thread though.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
I posted this to another thread but here seems appropriate also.

It's not any specific component that is not EV specific.
BMW released production and financial results.
They have a problem with some parts, batteries, harnesses, whatever.

Nothing related to wheels or options and it is not common in the ICE vehicles. It's also not a production capacity issue. They are literally only building and average of 54 cars a day assuming 7 days a week.

In the first half of 2022; BMW has delivered less than 10k i4's WORLDWIDE.

Waiting for my M50......

·
Registered
2022 Tesla Model 3 - for now
1,541 Posts
I posted this to another thread but here seems appropriate also.

It's not any specific component that is not EV specific.
BMW released production and financial results.
They have a problem with some parts, batteries, harnesses, whatever.

Nothing related to wheels or options and it is not common in the ICE vehicles. It's also not a production capacity issue. They are literally only building and average of 54 cars a day assuming 7 days a week.

In the first half of 2022; BMW has delivered less than 10k i4's WORLDWIDE.

Waiting for my M50......
We know it's a 6 day week, and we know that the rate per week has been going up over time...

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
We know it's a 6 day week, and we know that the rate per week has been going up over time...
Going up by how much?
Let's just say 385 cars a.week delivered in first half of 2022.

Even if the rate is up by 50% now; it's still only 600 cars a week and it's.going to take a while to get through the backlog.

But my point for the delay is that it's not your options, it's they just aren't building them.

Waiting for my M50......

Reactions: rollermonkey

·
Registered
85 Posts
It appears that essentially everyone gets their VIN the week before their scheduled week. The great majority of week 31 people got their VIN in week 30. A few people (one or two maybe) got it the last Friday of week 29. That pattern seems to be repeating for week 32 (a couple people getting VINs at end of week 30, most people getting them in week 31)
My dealer let me know on friday and thats when i reported it here, but VIN had been assigned on tuesday if i recall him correctly.

• Helpful
Reactions: ssh

·
Registered
5.0 V8 Range Rover, Smart Roadster
333 Posts
There's a thought. My dealer promised to get in touch before we go into build in case I want to change anything about the spec. He hasn't been in touch. I suppose I'm off to week 33 then! Oh well. 72 is a nicer number than 22 anyway, it's more aesthetically pleasing. </clutchingatstraws>

• Haha

·
Registered
83 Posts
Just got a 182 status, Awaiting Carrier Assignment. It's done and almost on its way.
Now got Dispatched from Factory, 190. It is truly on its way!
Well I went to bed at 153, woke up to 182. Might be right behind you on the way to the port. Are you east or west coast?

Reactions: Ecast and ssh

·
Registered
83 Posts
And congratulations!
To you as well! I guess we might not be on the same boat then... I’m guessing yours may be headed thru Baltimore, I think mine should be South Carolina since I’m in the SE.

Edit: Just hit 190!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Reactions: Blinget52

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #412 ·
What is:
seriesCode": "H",

I have H as well.
No clue, likely something generic regarding the i4, I don't suspect it is anything specific to a build.

Reactions: ˈJo͞onyər

·
Registered
10 Posts
Guys im reading that some of your builds include parking assistant plus but for our dealer, pap has been removed and replaced with just PA. Also got a vin on july 29 for a BG m50.

·
Registered
82 Posts
152 (In the paint booth/Your BMW is ready to show its true colors in the paint shop). No I am not checking aggressively. Just the right amount of times per hour…
I am likely getting several coats of paint. Or the tech is busy admiring my Dravit Gray which I can totally understand. Still in 152…

·
Registered
83 Posts
I am likely getting several coats of paint. Or the tech is busy admiring my Dravit Gray which I can totally understand. Still in 152…
Also still in 152 (Dravit Gray)
They’re definitely admiring the Dravit grey... I think mine was in the paint booth about a day and a half then the next two steps went fast.

• Haha

·
Registered
82 Posts
looks like they were waiting for my post and they moved me to 153- entering assembly line (on to the assembly line, where your BMW really starts to come together). Is this like a 24x7 thing or is my poor car waiting on the assembly line with its shiny paint? I was a little surprised to see the status update at what is quite a late time in the factory. Maybe the my garage update is just backlogged?

Reactions: Blinget52

·
Registered
2020 330i xDrive Portimao Blue
1,635 Posts
looks like they were waiting for my post and they moved me to 153- entering assembly line (on to the assembly line, where your BMW really starts to come together). Is this like a 24x7 thing or is my poor car waiting on the assembly line with its shiny paint? I was a little surprised to see the status update at what is quite a late time in the factory. Maybe the my garage update is just backlogged?
I’ve seen a number of posts suggesting the lines shut down. Is this true? During normal operations I would expect 24/7/365 operations.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I’ve seen a number of posts suggesting the lines shut down. Is this true? During normal operations I would expect 24/7/365 operations.
I did a tour of the factory in 2018. It’s possible they have made changes since then, but if I remember correctly the assembly line runs 24 hours 5 days a week. The stamping area was supposed to shut down at night to keep the noise level down for the neighborhood around the factory. BMW also mentioned that they were thinking about implementing a Saturday shift for the i4, but I don’t think that has happened yet. I haven’t seen a prod date for a Saturday and volume is still low to add a full shift just for the i4.

If the status updates in My Garage happen in real time, my car changed switched to Quality Check around 1AM Munich time and Waiting for Carrier at 5AM the same day, so I’m assuming that they are still running a 24 hour operation.

401 - 420 of 450 Posts