BMW i4 Forum banner

Is your build week 31?

421 - 440 of 450 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
So I was week 31 Then 32 now back to order received which I believe is directly associated with this new battery recall from fire hazards not the valet one. Anyone else have there status freeze or reverse?

·
Registered
10 Posts
looks like they were waiting for my post and they moved me to 153- entering assembly line (on to the assembly line, where your BMW really starts to come together). Is this like a 24x7 thing or is my poor car waiting on the assembly line with its shiny paint? I was a little surprised to see the status update at what is quite a late time in the factory. Maybe the my garage update is just backlogged?
May i ask what production date they gave you? Just asking to see if my car is almost finished as well.

·
Registered
2022 BMW X5 45e
115 Posts
So I was week 31 Then 32 now back to order received which I believe is directly associated with this new battery recall from fire hazards not the valet one. Anyone else have there status freeze or reverse?
Same here. Back to order received today.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just got an update from my awesome sales. Car is at 155 status. There is no delay in production it seems.
Heres some timeline for people who are interested

june 25 - 150 with vin number
Wasnt able to get any other info through the process
Aug 5th - 155 confirmed from sales

build
Brooklyn grey m50, ACC, PA, m carbon package + m pro package, tech package, red calipers, carbon interior, sport seats, HK, 19” wheels

·
Registered
5.0 V8 Range Rover, Smart Roadster
333 Posts
105. Cheers BMW, sterling effort. :rolleyes:

• Sad
Reactions: kevpuk

·
Registered
82 Posts
May i ask what production date they gave you? Just asking to see if my car is almost finished as well.
08/05 and they weren’t kidding. My car is now 182 (awaiting carrier assignment/a carrier has been assigned to take care of your BMW). In fact this is on the main my garage page. If I click on track status that detailed page shows entering assembly still! Overnight when I checked it was at Quality Check once (is that 154?). So all of the entering assembly to carrier assignment happened my overnight. Super exciting.

·
Registered
2023 eDrive40 M-Sport
5 Posts
Last Thursday I got a production # from my CA, called Genius and got week 32. I called Genius on Monday and I had been moved to week 31. This morning I checked MyGarage and there it was…VIN# and it’s estimated to finish production on 8/9.
Woke up this morning to 151. We’ll see if later today it moves to 152.

·
Registered
82 Posts
08/05 and they weren’t kidding. My car is now 182 (awaiting carrier assignment/a carrier has been assigned to take care of your BMW). In fact this is on the main my garage page. If I click on track status that detailed page shows entering assembly still! Overnight when I checked it was at Quality Check once (is that 154?). So all of the entering assembly to carrier assignment happened my overnight. Super exciting.
And now 190 (dispatched from factory/Your new BMW has left the factory, and is now on its way to you). And yes officially I am obsessed- proof is I bought a WiFi pass on my flight just so I don’t miss a state change. But if anyone will understand it is this group 😀

·
Registered
83 Posts
our cars will be at the port together!
Anyone make it to port yet? I think we now have at least 4 at status 190 and another 3-4 not far behind.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Strange, there’s at least 3 of us from week 30 that have been stuck at status 155 Quality Check since mid last week, and yet you week 31 guys seem to have sailed right through to 182 and 190. Wonder what that’s about. Added to the list of mysteries of how any of this works.

·
Registered
i4m50, 18inch 245/255 summer 18 inch 245/245 winter, order aug 21 - not delivered
936 Posts
Strange, there’s at least 3 of us from week 30 that have been stuck at status 155 Quality Check since mid last week, and yet you week 31 guys seem to have sailed right through to 182 and 190. Wonder what that’s about. Added to the list of mysteries of how any of this works.
Something they have to fix, some technical not working, paint or something else.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Do you have 20” rims?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Do you have 20” rims?
Nope, 19” wheels. i4 M50. Black sapphire metallic, Black vernasca with blue contrast, Open pore oak, DAPP, PAP, PP, Shadowline, Harmon Kardon, Wireless charger, Drive Recorder.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Nope, 19” wheels. i4 M50. Black sapphire metallic, Black vernasca with blue contrast, Open pore oak, DAPP, PAP, PP, Shadowline, Harmon Kardon, Wireless charger, Drive Recorder.
I don't have PAP and DAPP, dealer forced me to remove it. Maybe that is what is causing your delay. Another variance is the Open pore oak, i chose M carbon interior

·
Registered
82 Posts
I don't have PAP and DAPP, dealer forced me to remove it. Maybe that is what is causing your delay. Another variance is the Open pore oak, i chose M carbon interior
I have DAPP and PAP, so unless the color combined with DAPP had some specific issue, that cannot be the reason. Maybe open pore oak but we are all just guessing. It would be much nicer if BMW was able to come out and say what the specific issue was. Or maybe there isn't and the cars are actually on a ship and MyGarage is just not updated. Who knows...

Reactions: ssh

·
Registered
2020 330i xDrive Portimao Blue
1,635 Posts
I have DAPP and PAP, so unless the color combined with DAPP had some specific issue, that cannot be the reason. Maybe open pore oak but we are all just guessing. It would be much nicer if BMW was able to come out and say what the specific issue was. Or maybe there isn't and the cars are actually on a ship and MyGarage is just not updated. Who knows...
Could always call Genius line and see what they say…

421 - 440 of 450 Posts