BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My car is currently on Auto Energy headed to CA by October 15th. This is an unusual route for this Europe vessel. And especially unusual because my car should be coming to Brunswick, GA. And my I4 has been sitting in port since August 11th. Does anyone have any updated information as to where this ship is really going? And why would they put a car that should be going to Brunswick GA on a ship going to CA? ANY INFO IS APPRECIATED.....

·
Registered
i4m50, 18inch 245/255 summer 18 inch 245/245 winter, order aug 21 - not delivered
1,236 Posts
Very strange - but we are living in strange times.

This ship and her sister ship is built for Northern Europe, where it can run on eco friendly LNG gass instead of heavy oil - on a 14 days voyage. It is also one of the few car carriers build for sailing in Ice (The Baltic sea in Winter).

Looking at the schedule - it is empty for October. That can indicate that it is really going to cross the Atlantic, but I suspect that the cars is actually going to be transfered to another ship before crossing the Atlantic. Maybe Bremerhaven is full of cars - so they really need to forward them to another place ?

·
Registered
193 Posts
I've been monitoring m3/m4 forums as I have a mild interest in the g80. Reports are they are using auto energy to help with backlog. Once here they will put cars on east coast on a train or another ship. They are being informed by geniuses so who knows how true it is.

·
Registered
I4 M50 Brooklyn Grey
16 Posts

·
Registered
i4m50, 18inch 245/255 summer 18 inch 245/245 winter, order aug 21 - not delivered
1,236 Posts
Now it's showing Auto Energy going to Barcelona... This ship is going everywhere except USA.. What is going on???
You did not look at the link with the schedule ?
Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot Number

The interesting think with Auto Energy is that there is no schedule after Barcelona. This might be because the ship is possible planned to go out of UECC route and cross the Atlantic instead ? Or maybe drydocking for painting ? Ship is from 2016 - time for new paint below sea level ? Maybe another ship will take the cars from Barcelona to USA ? It will be interesting to see where and how long this cars will be at sea.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Hi,

my i4 is also on the auto energy. I ordered my car from BMW Gwinnett. My CA told me that my car will be in by the end of Sept but when I called BMW genius, they said 10/15
At this rate, all us GA folks should just charter our own boat!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Hi,

my i4 is also on the auto energy. I ordered my car from BMW Gwinnett. My CA told me that my car will be in by the end of Sept but when I called BMW genius, they said 10/15
Spoke to Genius line this morning and received exact same info, but clarified one point. The vessel is expected to arrive at Port Hueneme (CA) on 10/15, and then it may take several weeks to truck the cars cross country.

·
Super Moderator
2020 330i xDrive Portimao Blue
3,530 Posts
My i4 is same ship, the vessel name is auto-energy, and it heading to Barcelona. According to Rep of BMW, it will take 39 day from Germany to CA. One big problem is I live in MD.
It's not going to the east coast first? That would be shocking!

·
Registered
193 Posts
It's not going to the east coast first? That would be shocking!
That's the story and it's been pretty consistent. Definitely very odd, but I think it's better for bmw to find alternative ways to get the vehicles to the states as opposed to folks waiting a month plus at the port.

·
Super Moderator
2020 330i xDrive Portimao Blue
3,530 Posts
That's the story and it's been pretty consistent. Definitely very odd, but I think it's better for bmw to find alternative ways to get the vehicles to the states as opposed to folks waiting a month plus at the port.
I suspect that means you'll be riding a train for much of the journey...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
If you look at the schedule i4m50Norway posted. Auto Energy will be no where near California. I'm hoping they got it wrong and my car is on another ship coming straight to Georgia and not have to ride a train. I already know she doesn't like trains and she might get sea sick on that long boat ride...😆 But check out the schedule i4m50Norway posted and let me know what you all think???? I'm hoping "Genius" has it wrong!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Hummmm. Related story: My car was loaded on Treasure, 8/21. Treasure is landing in NYC tomorrow. My car will be off loaded, VDC in NJ, and then transfered by truck or train to SC for Performance Center Delivery. (I'm from upstate NY) Treasure is not going to Brunswick, her next stop will be Galveston. Odd route for me.

·
Registered
7 Posts
My car is also supposedly on this vessel. i4 m50. I was expecting delivery before end of Sept, but genius said arrival oct 15, and then possibly another 1-4 weeks before delivery to the dealership. I live in Chicago. It's so weird that they wouldn't just cross the Atlantic to a port on the east coast. It is closer after all than going from Germany to California. BMW can't possibly ship all their cars in from California and then ship them across the country to places like Chicago and New York right? Logistically it's prohibitively expensive.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Hummmm. Related story: My car was loaded on Treasure, 8/21. Treasure is landing in NYC tomorrow. My car will be off loaded, VDC in NJ, and then transfered by truck or train to SC for Performance Center Delivery. (I'm from upstate NY) Treasure is not going to Brunswick, her next stop will be Galveston. Odd route for me.
When did you request PCD? If late in the process they may have shipped to your original port. You can check an old VIR for port if you still have one. Mine had CHSPOA which denotes Charleston's port.

1 - 20 of 93 Posts