BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After placing an order for an M Sport e40 with Tech Pack at the end of April, it finally arrived on Tuesday. My order was placed through Arval, with the car actually being ordered through Berry BMW. Initial delivery date was 31st October, then end May, end of July, end of August, end of September and finally, for the last 6 weeks of the order settled on 25th September.

Having driven the car for some 250 miles, I have to say how impressive it is. The way it manages to hide its weight is quite amazing. The ride is refined and the steering considerably better than my 2017 A4 TDI Line. The performance is surprising, instant torque gives a noticeable shove in the back! - leading to the impression of performance figures being better than quoted - it's certainly quick enough for me. I bet the M50 is real rocket! It's comfortable and refined, the lack of mechanical noise adding to that refinement. It feels well put together and definitely on par with the older A4. there are some areas where the quality has dipped but mainly on surfaces not immediately to hand but I noticed this with the A4 too.

The tech is not as overwhelming as might initially be thought. the large screen is a game changer with high res and clear graphics. I've never experienced HUD but will never be without it now! The way the lane change information is displayed on screen is very welcome. HiFi / radio sound is good, although perhaps not the leap up from the Audi I was expecting. Perhaps wireless CarPlay offers a reduction in quality over its wired counterpart - I don't know. Hey BMW works well, as does Alexa (turn off the house lights when leaving the house) is a great addition too. I like the ability to warm the car whilst it's on the drive and to be able to check on the lock status is useful too. One pedal driving is fantastic in town driving although I did keep wondering if the brakes lights would come on on their own - the answer is yes by all accounts but I can't actually confirm that!

My drive of 200 miles from Heathrow to Wrexham in rush hour traffic took 4 hours and with sensible driving I managed 4 4 miles per kWh. I had 130 miles of range left, having had 100% battery when leaving London. On this basis, I will not be too concerned with range issues. Ohme wall charger at home did it's thing too!

Anyway, I posted this as it was the sort of information I was looking for when awaiting delivery. Hope it helps others.

Premium Member
this post is useless without pics 馃槝

Premium Member
M50 (MY23)
Congrats! As others have alluded to, "photos, or it never happened" :D

On Alexa, I got is setup without too much issue, also. Quite neat how both 'Hey BMW' and 'Alexa' are always listening, can ask either of them things...... such fun on the commute! Now, need to figure out how to get them to argue with each other :p

Edit: On a more devilish note, I might - when driving to work - get Alexa to start turning off lights at home, adjust heating etc. as we have Hue lights throughout the house, Tado heating and so on #poltergeist

Reactions: ssh

Registered
2022 Volvo XC60 Recharge
After placing an order for an M Sport e40 with Tech Pack at the end of April, it finally arrived on Tuesday. My order was placed through Arval, with the car actually being ordered through Berry BMW. Initial delivery date was 31st October, then end May, end of July, end of August, end of September and finally, for the last 6 weeks of the order settled on 25th September.

Having driven the car for some 250 miles, I have to say how impressive it is. The way it manages to hide its weight is quite amazing. The ride is refined and the steering considerably better than my 2017 A4 TDI Line. The performance is surprising, instant torque gives a noticeable shove in the back! - leading to the impression of performance figures being better than quoted - it's certainly quick enough for me. I bet the M50 is real rocket! It's comfortable and refined, the lack of mechanical noise adding to that refinement. It feels well put together and definitely on par with the older A4. there are some areas where the quality has dipped but mainly on surfaces not immediately to hand but I noticed this with the A4 too.

The tech is not as overwhelming as might initially be thought. the large screen is a game changer with high res and clear graphics. I've never experienced HUD but will never be without it now! The way the lane change information is displayed on screen is very welcome. HiFi / radio sound is good, although perhaps not the leap up from the Audi I was expecting. Perhaps wireless CarPlay offers a reduction in quality over its wired counterpart - I don't know. Hey BMW works well, as does Alexa (turn off the house lights when leaving the house) is a great addition too. I like the ability to warm the car whilst it's on the drive and to be able to check on the lock status is useful too. One pedal driving is fantastic in town driving although I did keep wondering if the brakes lights would come on on their own - the answer is yes by all accounts but I can't actually confirm that!

My drive of 200 miles from Heathrow to Wrexham in rush hour traffic took 4 hours and with sensible driving I managed 4 4 miles per kWh. I had 130 miles of range left, having had 100% battery when leaving London. On this basis, I will not be too concerned with range issues. Ohme wall charger at home did it's thing too!

Anyway, I posted this as it was the sort of information I was looking for when awaiting delivery. Hope it helps others.
Wow! 5 months from order to delivery without it being a cancellation is unusual. Many here are close to 12 months and still waiting.

Premium Member
M50 (MY23)
Wow! 5 months from order to delivery without it being a cancellation is unusual. Many here are close to 12 months and still waiting.
Agreed, I had to wait nearly 6 :whistle:

Disclaimer: meant to be humourous, not upseting, cos very aware I got lucky

Registered
i4 e40 msport 19" 859M Sunset Orange, cognac vernasca, open pore oak trim
Yes the

Yes the brake lights come on for larger decelerations, but not for small pedal adjustments.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yes, when I ordered it I was expecting a wait of approximately 12 months. I spoke to the dealer once back in July and was told back then it would probably be here in October. I ordered a white M sport with tech pack - perhaps the lowish spec helped. I placed the order through our salary sacrifice scheme at work - maybe dealers with large corporate clients have more build slots available - not sure. Never any talk of deletions to the spec either. in fact, I even have the touch pad functionality within the I drive controller. The original order showed this as a deletion.
For info, it's a September 22 build according to the B post sticker.

I didn't expect people wanting pics! Will work out how to do this over the weekend :)

Another surprise - I've just ordered BMW rubber mats for the winter. I wanted 2 for the front and a boot liner - 拢169. The BMW Parts chap told me to order the rear mats too and the price comes down to 拢160! its quite rare to have anyone travelling in the rear but for 拢9 less, I'll take them.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Congrats! As others have alluded to, "photos, or it never happened" :D

On Alexa, I got is setup without too much issue, also. Quite neat how both 'Hey BMW' and 'Alexa' are always listening, can ask either of them things...... such fun on the commute! Now, need to figure out how to get them to argue with each other :p

Edit: On a more devilish note, I might - when driving to work - get Alexa to start turning off lights at home, adjust heating etc. as we have Hue lights throughout the house, Tado heating and so on #poltergeist
With CarPlay, If you press the steering wheel mic button and say Alexa, Siri suggests you have got mixed up with another voice service (or words to that effect). Can't believe my car has 3 of them!

Registered
Yes, when I ordered it I was expecting a wait maybe dealers with large corporate clients have more build slots available
I think you probably got lucky with them assigning it to Berry as they're quite big in terms of turnover, hence build allocation. My salary sacrifice order has been assigned to a small dealership whom I'm told have no allocation, ETA pushed back from October to January.

Premium Member
'22 eD'40, Tanzanite, Oyster, 859M A/S, DAPP, PAP, MSport, Ext Shadow, Prem, MSusp, Laser, HK, HUD
We should start a 12 month club.

I鈥檓 sure there will be a lot of members 馃槼馃槼馃槼
Maybe a poll! I waited 14 months, 3 weeks, and one day for mine. Sooooooooo worth the wait!

Premium Member
'22 eD'40, Tanzanite, Oyster, 859M A/S, DAPP, PAP, MSport, Ext Shadow, Prem, MSusp, Laser, HK, HUD

Congrat's! 馃コ

1 - 20 of 29 Posts