BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2014 BMW 435i Gran Coupe
25 Posts
I was getting my wheels changed at van Poelgeest Amsterdam last week and saw them driving around the parking lot with an iX (very slowly?).

They'll also have a 4 Gran Coupe.

So if you look at both and combine the pictures in your head, you should have a good idea what an i4 will be like. :p

·
Registered
2014 BMW 435i Gran Coupe
25 Posts
I'm certainly going to do that. Maybe not this weekend, but next weekend.

When I have my Tesla Model 3 Performance test drive planned. I feel I must try it before I discount it. I don't like the looks, or the fact that half my street has one, or the fact that the company is led by a genius stock-manipulating man child. But Tesla is also the company that caused the existing car companies to get their asses in gear. So I wanna see what it's all about.

·
Registered
2014 BMW 435i Gran Coupe
25 Posts
Just went and had look at van Poelgeest Amsterdam. Some observations:
  • The iDrive 8 system in the iX feels really snappy, just the way it looks in most videos.
  • The sitting position in the 4 Gran Coupe is nice and snug, just like in my F36.
  • Dravit Gray is a pretty cool and understated colour. As a lot of people said, it really depends on the lighting. A few days ago I saw an BMW 8 Coupe in Dravit Gray, that had not been recently washed, on an overcast day, and it looked kinda boring. But the polished one, in the shiny lights of the dealership, looked really spiffy.
  • The grill looks OK, like it should be there. It had chrome edges on this 420i Gran Coupe. I'd want to have it in piano blacks on the Dravit Gray car.
Now I'm really looking forward to seeing the proper i4 in real life. And to drive it! My dealer told me that they'd arrive in December and to get in touch around December 15th.

Regards, Vincent.

·
Registered
43 Posts
[*]The grill looks OK, like it should be there. It had chrome edges on this 420i Gran Coupe. I'd want to have it in piano blacks on the Dravit Gray car.
Glad to read about it.
Dravit gray + black shadow line is what I ordered. I like it on all the pictures I found but I would love to see it in « real conditions ».

1 - 9 of 9 Posts