BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2022 i4 M50
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wonder if any of you are still getting kick open boot function.

Previously, the deletion came with the code 32X. However, for production after Sept 22, seems the code will remain 322 even though the kick open function is deleted.

Is that the case for you?

·
Super Moderator
2023 i4 m50 Portimao/Oyster
5,722 Posts
M50 build 2 Sept but no kick to open. 😥

• Sad
Reactions: jsv

·
Registered
2023 i4 40 /ALPINE WHITE /BLACK SENSA /18" GREY AERO WHEELS /PREMIUM PACKAGE /HK /i BLUE ACCENTS /SH
314 Posts
2023 i4 40 Sept 2 build....I have the kick open

·
Registered
2022 BMW i4 M50
117 Posts
My car was built on October 22nd and has this functionality.

·
Registered
2023 i4 40 /ALPINE WHITE /BLACK SENSA /18" GREY AERO WHEELS /PREMIUM PACKAGE /HK /i BLUE ACCENTS /SH
314 Posts
Mine was built in October 2022, I have it. And I've finally worked out how to use it without embarrassing myself. :cool:
What's your technique???

Reactions: ssh

·
Registered
5.0 V8 Range Rover, Smart Roadster, i4 eDrive 40
816 Posts
What's your technique???
You stand about half a metre from the back of the car, aligned with the BMW badge. Then you just kick towards the bumper, making sure your foot goes underneath the car. Then the car beeps and flashes and the tailgate opens/closes.

It's a weird sensation when it works. Like you've just discovered a superpower you didn't know you had. 🤩

• Haha
Reactions: J_P and ssh

·
Super Moderator
5,722 Posts
You stand about half a metre from the back of the car, aligned with the BMW badge. Then you just kick towards the bumper, making sure your foot goes underneath the car. Then the car beeps and flashes and the tailgate opens/closes.

It's a weird sensation when it works. Like you've just discovered a superpower you didn't know you had. 🤩
Ok. I'm going to try this one more time. In the garage. With the garage door closed.

·
Super Moderator
5,722 Posts
Try this:

I know how it worked in my 330. I'm pretty sure I don't have it. I have no idea why it would be left off mine when others got it, but at least I have the car!

Reactions: Markus97229

·
Registered
314 Posts
I know how it worked in my 330. I'm pretty sure I don't have it. I have no idea why it would be left off mine when others got it, but at least I have the car!
There was a time during my build paperwork that I had a $100 credit for kick delete and when they gave me a better production slot the credit vanished.....so maybe I was lucky that my slot had this feature "pre assigned"???.... or maybe just coincidence.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I was assuming this was back, but maybe not....

·
Super Moderator
5,722 Posts
I was assuming this was back, but maybe not....
I expect you'll have it. I was on the cusp, but looks like I just missed out.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I expect you'll have it. I was on the cusp, but looks like I just missed out.
Yeah I mean I'd mean I would much rather have the car a couple months earlier and not have the feature :)

·
Registered
53 Posts
It’s on my car, build week staring 10th October.
My sales guy couldn’t get it work but the technical girl found it in the setup options.
Be patient, I keep kicking a 2nd time just as it starts to move and cancelling it...
It goes very high, remember to set your maximum height of opening folks.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts