BMW i4 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 41 Posts

· Super Moderator
2023 i4 m50 Portimao/Oyster
5,813 Posts
It’s on my car, build week staring 10th October.
My sales guy couldn’t get it work but the technical girl found it in the setup options.
Be patient, I keep kicking a 2nd time just as it starts to move and cancelling it...
It goes very high, remember to set your maximum height of opening folks.
Where is it in the setup options? Do you know?

· Super Moderator
5,813 Posts
Is this supposed to be a standard feature? Or an option? My car was built 9/30 and I am hoping that it has it!
It was a standard feature and I believe it is again.

Reactions: dulcie

· Registered
1,058 Posts
My sales guy couldn’t get it work but the technical girl found it in the setup options.
Same here. I picked up my car on Wednesday and the guy said he thought it didn't have it. I said I thought it was reinstated so he tried it a couple of times but it didn't work and he told me that it wasn't that great. I said that I was sure it should have it and so he gave it another go to prove his point and of course it flashed and opened. Oh how we laughed and he told me it was a great feature to have 😉

• Haha
Reactions: ssh

· Registered
2023 i4 40 /ALPINE WHITE /BLACK SENSA /18" GREY AERO WHEELS /PREMIUM PACKAGE /HK /i BLUE ACCENTS /SH
315 Posts
It’s on my car, build week staring 10th October.
Be patient, I keep kicking a 2nd time just as it starts to move and cancelling it...
It goes very high, remember to set your maximum height of opening folks.
and be prepared to hit your head on it if you set it lower.....just sayin 🤕

· Registered
36 Posts
I wonder if any of you are still getting kick open boot function.

Previously, the deletion came with the code 32X. However, for production after Sept 22, seems the code will remain 322 even though the kick open function is deleted.

Is that the case for you?
Built in September and I have it - even though the delete code was still on my order.

· Registered
1,746 Posts
Built in September and I have it - even though the delete code was still on my order.
They have removed it from the standard features in the order guide and the deletion code.

If the parts are available you get it. If not, you don't.

Waiting for my M50......

· Super Moderator
5,813 Posts
It was, but I expect all from here on will get it.

· Registered
15 Posts
Hi I have a sept build uk m50 car. I didn’t choose comfort access option pack. Should I still have it ? How do I tell ? I have tried the kick but I am now wondering if it needs activation in the settings, after reading this thread. Where in the menus do I find this please ?

· Registered
308 Posts
Mine was built in October 2022, I have it. And I've finally worked out how to use it without embarrassing myself. :cool:
One legged dance, lifting the right foot and swiping it under the car to the left. That's what I need to do to open my 330e. Isn't that the same in the i4? I really wish they would change it to a real kick just below the center and no dancing.

· Registered
308 Posts
Hi I have a sept build uk m50 car. I didn’t choose comfort access option pack. Should I still have it ? How do I tell ? I have tried the kick but I am now wondering if it needs activation in the settings, after reading this thread. Where in the menus do I find this please ?
But if you did not chose comfort access then you can't have it. It needs some sensors under the car, so it's not just a software option.

· Registered
5.0 V8 Range Rover, Smart Roadster, i4 eDrive 40
826 Posts
One legged dance, lifting the right foot and swiping it under the car to the left. That's what I need to do to open my 330e. Isn't that the same in the i4? I really wish they would change it to a real kick just below the center and no dancing.
No, in the i4 it's a swift kick in and out, no swiping to the left or right or anything else. A proper kick dead centre, from about 1.5 metres away from the car so you don't get a tailgate in the face.

Reactions: A_Camera

· Super Moderator
5,813 Posts
No, in the i4 it's a swift kick in and out, no swiping to the left or right or anything else. A proper kick dead centre, from about 1.5 metres away from the car so you don't get a tailgate in the face.
1.5 meters?! I don't think my leg is that long! ;)

I don't have it. Or if I do, it's not working. I'm bummed, actually. With skis over my shoulder, poles in my hand, and a boot pack on my back, it made things much easier.

· Registered
308 Posts
That's very good. It's the solution they should have implemented in the 330e as well. I never liked that swiping dance, looks just silly, especially when it won't open the first time with my hands full in the rain on a public parking with a lot of people around. It's like a part in the Ministry of Silly Walks.

· Super Moderator
5,813 Posts
That's very good. It's the solution they should have implemented in the 330e as well. I never liked that swiping dance, looks just silly, especially when it won't open the first time with my hands full in the rain on a public parking with a lot of people around. It's like a part in the Ministry of silly walks.
I did the kick in-and-out on my 2020 330i.

· Registered
308 Posts

I don't have it. Or if I do, it's not working. I'm bummed, actually. With skis over my shoulder, poles in my hand, and a boot pack on my back, it made things much easier.
I think he meant in a sarcastic way, but sure you can't be too near, though 1.5 meter would be an issue for me as well, maybe he meant 1.5 ft.

· Registered
5.0 V8 Range Rover, Smart Roadster, i4 eDrive 40
826 Posts

You can tell whether you have it - there's a setting somewhere that allows you to disable it. I thought I didn't have it, but I found it in the settings. I'll tell you where it is when I remember! 😆

• Haha
Reactions: ssh

· Registered
2023 i4 M50 Alpine White
18 Posts
Was telling my wife about this feature. But when we were picking up the vehicle, I tried it and it didn't work;. She was really disappointed when I told her it might have been removed.

However, when I started going through the settings at home, I believe it's Vehicle Settings -> Tailgate. I saw the option to turn it on and change the height! She was quite pleased when I demonstrated it for her and in the process hitting my shin right on the bumper. ouch!

After many uses, the best method is definitely the swift kicking motion. Slow motions don't work as well. A quick motion works 100% almost all the time. :censored:

· Registered
193 Posts
I just did what I've been doing for ten years with my 335i and it just worked. Once you figure out where and how to kick, it's fairly reliable.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts