BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
BMW 6 series coupe F13, BMW X3 G01
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is actually a reasonable way to give us an estimate of launch comparison (assuming accurate video speeds and same terrain inclines...).

In the video i4 is faster to get to 220kmh, but M3P will go on to 260+.

Enjoy!

·
Registered
143 Posts
I'm expecting the M50 to be quicker then the M3P as speeds increase in to 3 figures. My M3P is not so quick at motorway speeds as it is at slower speeds. Personally, I find top speeds immaterial. I've had my M3P for nearly 2 years and I've never gone faster than about 100 mph (private road, of course). Part of the reason for that is that it's just uncomfortably noisy at those speeds - quite an assualt on the ears.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Holy guacamole, I was estimating the i4 M50 would be equal to M3P to 100 kmh (despite worse figure quoted by BMW than M3P, but M3P is with rollout). And faster to 200kmh. Indeed if video speeds are synced this is freaking amazing news

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I think Tesla goes uphill, but It might be just the angle.
in the Tesla HD video we can see that the times are marked with "verified" in draggy gps.

I believe that's <1% slope (+/-) otherwise it should have been "invalid". This is a '19 M3P with 0-200 km/h in 15.26s.

And here's the '21 M3P, a little faster: 0-200 km/h in 13.58s. We'll need to see a Mat Watson drag race ;)

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Now that we have "official" results from Carwow of 0-60 mph (not exactly 0-100 km/h!)

M50 3.62s

TM3P - 3,27s

However, the launch face (and the general excitement) seems several notches above in the M50 ;) ) i bet the sounds may add to the experience ;)

Tesla M3P
Smile Vehicle Hood Car Motor vehicle

M50
Forehead Motor vehicle Car Vehicle Jaw

1 - 7 of 7 Posts