BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are you guys more interested in buying or leasing the i4 in the US?

As far as I know there hasn't been real confirmation on if the $7500 tax credit can be applied to a lease like the i3. Seems strange that they wouldn't do it for the i4 but would for the i3. That would save almost $200 per month on a 3-year lease. It would also have me lean towards leasing a M50 as well. Otherwise I would more likely buy the i4 40 since I would get a $7500 tax credit.

The BMW US pre-order lease terms do not mention the tax credit but my local dealer seems to think that the lease terms listed are not firmed up yet. He says that they have not yet set the residual value of the i4. Would be nice to have a more defined lease term when the pre-orders get firmed up in the fall when full specifications and options are provided.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Because of how much I drive financing is going to be the way for me. Any lease I'd get would be too pricy or I'd go over the mileage limit.

·
Registered
5 Posts

As far as I know there hasn't been real confirmation on if the $7500 tax credit can be applied to a lease like the i3. Seems strange that they wouldn't do it for the i4 but would for the i3. That would save almost $200 per month on a 3-year lease. It would also have me lean towards leasing a M50 as well. Otherwise I would more likely buy the i4 40 since I would get a $7500 tax credit.

The BMW US pre-order lease terms do not mention the tax credit but my local dealer seems to think that the lease terms listed are not firmed up yet. He says that they have not yet set the residual value of the i4. Would be nice to have a more defined lease term when the pre-orders get firmed up in the fall when full specifications and options are provided.
Agree! Hopefully, the $7500.00 on a lease can be used as a cap cost reduction.
Please keep us posted if you hear anything additional. I am leaning towards a lease.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Agree! Hopefully, the $7500.00 on a lease can be used as a cap cost reduction.
Please keep us posted if you hear anything additional. I am leaning towards a lease.
Welcome to the forum @CRU1!
Did you lease or finance your i3? What were the terms like for the one you went with? Considered any other vehicles before going with the i4?

·
Registered
2019 BMW 530e
6 Posts

It does apply for leases.

·
Registered
Audi A5 2011
9 Posts
Read the fine print on Federal & State tax rebates. Not easy to get. And they vary by vehicle.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts