BMW i4 Forum banner

What color leather for my new i4 M50?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have ordered a M50 for delivery Q4 next year... (should be around 36 million seconds...). To save cost, I ordered it with the black Alcantara seats.
I of course want the M-Sport seats, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to justify the extra $1000 (Norway), in addition to the mandatory leather-upgrade at around $1500.

M-Sport or not, I have decided to go for leather instead of Alcantara. My old E-61 is Titangrau II and Cognac leather, and I love the combination, and also the cognac color it self.
It seems however most experts recommend black interior.

So.. 'Vernasca' Black or 'Vernasca' Cognac leather? Thoughts as to second hand value?

Vehicle Land vehicle Car Motor vehicle Steering part

·
Registered
24 Posts
We ordered ours with Cognac but it is a matter of taste primarily. Black is sort of boring. In general, not a lot of cars anymore you can order with a brown interior so we like that it's unique.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Exact same spec as me then. Also from Bergen, and also coming from a grey E61.Also same wheels. A man of taste!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Exact same spec as me then. Also from Bergen, and also coming from a grey E61.Also same wheels. A man of taste!
Indeed, Sir. We should form a i4 Davit club or something. Cognac consumed in every meeting.
A tad more seriously: M-sport or Sensatec?

·
Registered
BMW 6 series coupe F13, BMW X3 G01
178 Posts
I ordered the m sport seats as it is the only item for the interior that stands out from normal cars.

I have the “normal” sport seats in black leather vernasca on a x3 g01 (the same as the i4) and they are great. But the design of the m seats it’s on another level.

And should help on resale, as not all cars will have this option. I also chose black for resale value ( from experience buying a used BMW the light colors don’t look too good after some years) as well as practically (I had a beige “sensatec” Audi A4 in 17 (or artificial leather as Audi calls it) and it was hard to keep clean with kids and some dark trouser belts (leather ink passed away to the seats).

If you are renting it shouldn’t affect the residual value though.

Dravitgrey with cognac should be a very good combination as well !

Check this other post for several pics of m sport seats:
Hi
Some random pics of the m sport seats from internet / YouTube from the 4 coupe reviews. I have the x3 g01 with sport seats (the same standard seats of the i4) with black vernasca and white stitching and they are great. But the m sport seats just look even more cool I think they make the i4 (even) more sporty.
Regards View attachment 1382
View attachment 1383
View attachment 1384
View attachment 1385
View attachment 1386
View attachment 1387
View attachment 1388
View attachment 1389
View attachment 1390
View attachment 1391

These are pics form an i4 digital brochure - m sport seats and m seatbelts
Car Vehicle Automotive design Car seat cover Window
Car Vehicle Seat belt Window Motor vehicle
Car Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I ordered the m sport seats as it is the only item for the interior that stands out from normal cars.
I have the sport seats in black leather vernasca on a x3 g01 (the same as the i4) and they are great. But the design of the m seats it’s on another level.
The sport seats are some fine looking seats.. I've made up my mind, will be adding that option. They suit the black color too, but to keep the future nostalgia level as low as possible I'll probably go for the same color combination as my gorgeous and trusty old E61 530d.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts