·
Premium Member
2020 330i xDrive Portimao Blue
1,967 Posts
I'll start my list so far
1) program thr garage door opener
2) use park assistant
3) use the drive recorder

I'd anybody can help out, I'd appreciate it.

List some things you need help with and maybe we can help each other out.
I agree with this idea!

Curious… have you looked at the tutorials on YouTube?

·
Registered
540 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
The garage door opener (mirror) is like Performance parts, after buying the car as additional accesories

web:
Aircraft Airplane Grey Aviation Toy airplane

·
Registered
i4 e40 msport 19" 859M Sunset Orange, cognac vernasca, open pore oak trim
1,851 Posts
I agree with this idea!

Curious… have you looked at the tutorials on YouTube?

I have a 20 year old door opener. It is an older type and requires an extra synchronization. If your opener is old, this may help.

So after you synch your car's transponder to your hand-held opener, you must resynch your door opener back to your car's transponder.

I went online and luckily found detailed instructions for my model of opener.

It takes two people to do it. One sits in the car and the other stands on a ladder to push a button on the opener. The car should be well out of the garage, because the door will open and close many times as you do this.

You push a button on your opener and a light comes on, giving you 30 seconds to push the button on your car mirror. The trick is that you may have to do this synching three times in sequence, something mentioned in the fine print somewhere.

I reset and reprogrammed my car transponder many times, thinking I had not done that right and starting over, until I grasped all the steps in resetting both devices.

Read everything through several times and eventually it works.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Well parking assistant is an interesting feature, and seems to be only working if you pass two cars that's parked with enough space for your car in between.
No cars, it won't do it automatically.
Yes, that had me confused, and I went back to the dealer to get a parking lesson from their genius tech guy. (This is their real job; answering calls about where your car is a sideline they are not very good at.)

·
Premium Member
1,967 Posts
Yes, that had me confused, and I went back to the dealer to get a parking lesson from their genius tech guy. (This is their real job; answering calls about where your car is a sideline they are not very good at.)
What did you learn?

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
PS:

I think the PAP will not condescend to help people who cannot park on an empty street.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well parking assistant is an interesting feature, and seems to be only working if you pass two cars that's parked with enough space for your car in between.
No cars, it won't do it automatically.
I had no idea about this. I tried doing it in an empty lot tontry to learn, and it wouldn't respond. Just kept saying looking for a space. I thought jt would look at the lines like DAP.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
What did you learn?
He sat with me and took me through the steps:

push the park assist button next to the gear shifter
on the screen go to vehicle apps/driving settings/driver assistance/parking and maneuvering

make sure automatic parking is switched on

drive slowly past parking spaces; you will see on the screen images of the cars you pass and the car is measuring the spaces

it indicate a grey box that is good to park in pass it until your car is just past the space and stop. Put into reverse.

tap the highlighted grey space

lift your foot off the brake and let go of the wheel. Keep your foot ready to stop if you need to.

this works for parallel and perpendicular parking.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
1) You guys have a option for garage door opener?
2) BMW Parking Assistant – What Is It & How To Use - YouTubeYouTube · BimmerTech
3) if you got the drive recorder you will have an icon on your menu called drive recorder.
in the menu/all apps/drive recorder/settings you can set allow recording, manual, and accident types, and the length of the recordings.

For a manual drive recording there is a button like a video camera beside the gear shifter.
If you are set up the recorder is always running into a buffer up to 20 seconds. If you push the button it will save the current buffer and record another 20 seconds after that.

You can save a number of recordings. In the same menu you can review recordings and export them to a usb.

·
Registered
2022 Tesla Model 3 - for now
1,685 Posts
Wait. That's what is in the package I ordered? 🤯

Daaaang. I only got it because I wanted the extra cameras, maybe help me keep the rims off of curbs.

• Haha
Reactions: gsbaker and ssh

·
Premium Member
1,967 Posts
1 - 20 of 78 Posts