BMW i4 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Tesla Model 3 - for now
1,541 Posts
@ssh Look at the outer edge of the rim... The white doesn't go all the way around in the before. There's some kind of rim trim?

Reactions: gsbaker and ssh

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Reactions: gsbaker

·
Registered
2022 i4 eDrive40, Skyscraper Gray, DAPP, PAP, Laserlight, Drive Recorder, eSIM Harmon Kardon
1,030 Posts
Not damage, there's a protective element installed in the after.
Ok, I see it now. I'm going to need this, Lol. Is it from a aftermarket provider?

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Thank you! Off to the great googlygoogly I go.

ETA:

Set bought, and I added a single black one for the TM3's front right scratch magnet.

Reactions: gsbaker and cashman

·
Registered
2020 330i xDrive Portimao Blue
1,635 Posts
@ssh Look at the outer edge of the rim... The white doesn't go all the way around in the before. There's some kind of rim trim?
I see it now… but doubt I ever would have without your help… thanks! I might need that…!

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Cashman should get a commission on the sales made today.
;) (y)

·
Registered
i4 e40 msport 19" 859M Sunset Orange, cognac vernasca, open pore oak trim
1,828 Posts
1) You guys have a option for garage door opener?
2) BMW Parking Assistant – What Is It & How To Use - YouTubeYouTube · BimmerTech
3) if you got the drive recorder you will have an icon on your menu called drive recorder.
In the US this is standard and not even an option.

I recall seeing a so-called comfort package in European BMW build sites, back when the US had nothing online. This included such things as wheel well storage in the trunk and automatic door unlock. It may have included as well the homelink door opener, and possibly the sunroof.

in any event these all became standard for the US models.

·
Registered
i4 e40 msport 19" 859M Sunset Orange, cognac vernasca, open pore oak trim
1,828 Posts
Another question that just came up on another thread that I don't know how to do

How do you adjust the amount of regenerative braking?
Go to menu/vehicle apps/driving settings/drivetrain and chassis/energy recovery in D

there you can adjust it.

·
Registered
2022 i4 M Sport, Tanzanite Blue, Mocha ventilated seats
879 Posts
How do they compare to Alloygators?
The Rimsavers are held on with 3M tape. I just recently installed Alloygators on my 2021 RAM. The advantage is the Alloygators are mounted to the wheel between the wheel and the tire. Over time Alloygators dhould provide better protection to the wheel and won't come flying off while driving when the adhesive wears out over time as has happened several times that I've used the Rimsavers. Anyway that has been my experience, which is why I spent the extra money and effort installing the Alloygators.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Nice surprise?
You know, I haven't decided? I mean it's a very neat party trick, but of honestly limited utility to me in my normal use case. I rarely have cars on both sides of me at work when I park, and at home, it will be parked in a garage. I'm generally quite comfortable parking on my own, so as I'd said above, I wanted the cameras to help make sure I don't scrape a rim in tight situations. The G35 didn't even have a backup camera, and had pretty lousy visibility out the rear & passenger side.

• Love

·
Registered
2022 i4 M Sport, Tanzanite Blue, Mocha ventilated seats
879 Posts
Hi JoeK
Hopefully this photo will help with your decision. I think the sky blue Rimsavers looked pretty good against the Black Metallic of my 530e. It matches the light blue in the roundel and makes the car pop. I got a lot of compliments on my Rimsavers against the black. The Alloygators are wider which I think work even better.
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
249 Posts
Hi JoeK
Hopefully this photo will help with your decision. I think the sky blue Rimsavers looked pretty good against the Black Metallic of my 530e. It matches the light blue in the roundel and makes the car pop. I got a lot of compliments on my Rimsavers against the black. The Alloygators are wider which I think work even better. View attachment 11792 View attachment 11793
Absolutely stunning. I am sold! Thanks so much! Great pics!

21 - 40 of 78 Posts