BMW i4 Forum banner
41 - 60 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
2015 i3 Rex, i4 M50 Spartanburg PC delivery 8/4/22 traded in Volvo XC40 EV
291 Posts
He sat with me and took me through the steps:

push the park assist button next to the gear shifter
on the screen go to vehicle apps/driving settings/driver assistance/parking and maneuvering

make sure automatic parking is switched on

drive slowly past parking spaces; you will see on the screen images of the cars you pass and the car is measuring the spaces

it indicate a grey box that is good to park in pass it until your car is just past the space and stop. Put into reverse.

tap the highlighted grey space

lift your foot off the brake and let go of the wheel. Keep your foot ready to stop if you need to.

this works for parallel and perpendicular parking.
Our 2015 i3 has automatic parking as well. Only parallel, the car is looking for a gap and parks itself. On a busy road I think this feature is too complicated and I never use it as I am faster doing this myself. But I think it is a neat trick.

·
Registered
i4 eDrive 40 M Sport - Mineral White
101 Posts
Hi JoeK
Hopefully this photo will help with your decision. I think the sky blue Rimsavers looked pretty good against the Black Metallic of my 530e. It matches the light blue in the roundel and makes the car pop. I got a lot of compliments on my Rimsavers against the black. The Alloygators are wider which I think work even better. View attachment 11792 View attachment 11793

Part of me is thinking I should've gotten the blue rather than the inconspicuous silver. That looks sweet!

·
Registered
2022 i4 M Sport, Tanzanite Blue, Mocha ventilated seats
879 Posts
Will be curious your view on how I4 compares to 530e!
yes me too......it's a little smaller from the outside, but I've done multiple test drives with demos here in Jacksonville and once inside it felt very spacious and comfortable. I think I will love it. I do have a plan "B" Lots of "SWEET TALK" and flowers for the Mrs so I can order the i5. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

·
Registered
2022 G26 i4 M50
62 Posts
I have a new question - how do you adjust items in your HUD? When I first got it and would scroll through XM, the songs came up on each channel on the HUD, but I messed something up and now it doesn't. Just the speed with the DAPP on/off.

Thanks in advance!
Pretty sure you press the "menu" button (with a "hamburger" button icon) on the right side of your steering wheel, then scroll up/down using the middle thumb knob thingy until you have media HUD selected, then press on the knob. Or something along this line.

·
Registered
2016 435i convertible
530 Posts
Can anyone with technical knowledge tell me the best way to access the 12 volt system for adding electrical accessories.
I want to know where to access for full time hot 12 volt, and ignition controlled 12 volt.
Yes I know the more I add the lower my range, but that is my choice.

Dan

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Can anyone with technical knowledge tell me the best way to access the 12 volt system for adding electrical accessories.
I want to know where to access for full time hot 12 volt, and ignition controlled 12 volt.
Yes I know the more I add the lower my range, but that is my choice.

Dan
I don't know the answer to this, but I have a new fix for something else. This is the reason I created this thread though. Hopefully someone can answer it.

When I was at the dealership, they paired my phone to the iDrive. Yesterday, my phone had a software update and this morning when I got in, I couldn't play the Android audio or have my phone connected. A co-worker told me the best way to fix it is to forget the phone and completely connect it again. I tried that and it failed.

So I called the Genius line. He told me to press and hold the volume button in until the screen turns off. It takes about 30 seconds and the car has to be turned on and in park. Once the screen turns off, let go. I was on the phone with him and the audio was then through the car as I was talking to him. Simple fix, but I never would have figured that out myself.

·
Registered
2020 330i xDrive Portimao Blue
1,635 Posts
I don't know the answer to this, but I have a new fix for something else. This is the reason I created this thread though. Hopefully someone can answer it.

When I was at the dealership, they paired my phone to the iDrive. Yesterday, my phone had a software update and this morning when I got in, I couldn't play the Android audio or have my phone connected. A co-worker told me the best way to fix it is to forget the phone and completely connect it again. I tried that and it failed.

So I called the Genius line. He told me to press and hold the volume button in until the screen turns off. It takes about 30 seconds and the car has to be turned on and in park. Once the screen turns off, let go. I was on the phone with him and the audio was then through the car as I was talking to him. Simple fix, but I never would have figured that out myself.
You just learned how to do a “Ctrl-Alt-Delete” for your car! (iDrive, actually, you you get my point…)

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
You just learned how to do a “Ctrl-Alt-Delete” for your car! (iDrive, actually, you you get my point…)
Yes I did! Never would have figured it out on my own though. At home I just have to unplug my router/tv/ whatever else I'm trying to reset. When I unplugged the car, it still wouldn't connect. 😝

·
Registered
2020 330i xDrive Portimao Blue
1,635 Posts
Yes I did! Never would have figured it out on my own though. At home I just have to unplug my router/tv/ whatever else I'm trying to reset. When I unplugged the car, it still wouldn't connect. 😝
That said, you should never have to do this, so any time you do, something is wrong with the system. This is like rebooting a PC to connect to your keyboard. Evidence of a bug.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
That said, you should never have to do this, so any time you do, something is wrong with the system. This is like rebooting a PC to connect to your keyboard. Evidence of a bug.
I'm almost 100% positive it happened because my phone had a software reset yesterday. That happens pretty infrequently, so it's not too big of a deal. But if it continues to happen, it'll definitely be a concern.

·
Registered
i4 e40 msport 19" 859M Sunset Orange, cognac vernasca, open pore oak trim
1,828 Posts
Pretty sure you press the "menu" button (with a "hamburger" button icon) on the right side of your steering wheel, then scroll up/down using the middle thumb knob thingy until you have media HUD selected, then press on the knob. Or something along this line.
After the hamburger button use the right arrow to select HUD content, then scroll to select the layout.

·
Registered
2022 i4 eDrive40, Skyscraper Gray, DAPP, PAP, Laserlight, Drive Recorder, eSIM Harmon Kardon
1,030 Posts
I'm almost 100% positive it happened because my phone had a software reset yesterday. That happens pretty infrequently, so it's not too big of a deal. But if it continues to happen, it'll definitely be a concern.
Yes, its a software reboot to hold down the volume button. I learned about this on the Facebook group I'm in. Glad you posted it here.

·
Registered
2022 G26 i4 M50
62 Posts
Here is something that I find interesting.. the tire pressure screen suggests an optimal pressure to use, but the values are different than the actual tire pressure coming out of the dealership.

Should I adjust? Do you follow the recommended tire pressure?

Vehicle Automotive design Car Gadget Personal luxury car

·
Registered
529 Posts
Here is something that I find interesting.. the tire pressure screen suggests an optimal pressure to use, but the values are different than the actual tire pressure coming out of the dealership.

View attachment 12045
Air pressure is affected by many factors. I would adjust it only with more load/passengers.

·
Registered
2022 G26 i4 M50
62 Posts
A quick tip on kick-activated tailgate opener - once I figured out this neat little trick I find myself using it quite often.

The iDrive menu only lets you select one of 5 preset tailgate opening heights. At certain parking locations with low clearance I find myself having to scramble for ways to stop the tailgate from opening too far and hitting objects above. Don't want to set it too low though as I face this problem only at certain places and I want to more easily access my trunk under normal circumstances.

The trick turns out to be doing a second kicking motion after the tailgate starts opening. Once you get your timing right you can pretty much get it to stop at any desired height.

·
Registered
i4 eDrive 40 M Sport - Mineral White
101 Posts
A quick tip on kick-activated tailgate opener - once I figured out this neat little trick I find myself using it quite often.

The iDrive menu only lets you select one of 5 preset tailgate opening heights. At certain parking locations with low clearance I find myself having to scramble for ways to stop the tailgate from opening too far and hitting objects above. Don't want to set it too low though as I face this problem only at certain places and I want to more easily access my trunk under normal circumstances.

The trick turns out to be doing a second kicking motion after the tailgate starts opening. Once you get your timing right you can pretty much get it to stop at any desired height.
Does pressing the close button have the same effect?

·
Registered
i4 e40 msport 19" 859M Sunset Orange, cognac vernasca, open pore oak trim
1,828 Posts

View attachment 12045
What pressures are posted on the doorframe?

My cold tire pressures have remained within a degree of the recommended values on the screen.They can rise a couple of degrees while driving a long time.

Ask your dealer whether they adjusted for your particular tires.

41 - 60 of 78 Posts