BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some pictures i found on the norwegian forums. Original source was instagram. Probably photoshop, but getting as close to this as possible without ruining the drive comfort completly is something i will be trying to do. Looking at the 4 GC the m50 is raised to much.

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Automotive lighting
Car Tire Land vehicle Wheel Vehicle

Imagine if the test cars so far was only on pre production suspension setup, and this is the M suspension production setup.... 馃槄馃槃

Registered
Some pictures i found on the norwegian forums. Original source was instagram. Probably photoshop, but getting as close to this as possible without ruining the drive comfort completly is something i will be trying to do. Looking at the 4 GC the m50 is raised to much.

View attachment 2389 View attachment 2390

Imagine if the test cars so far was only on pre production suspension setup, and this is the M suspension production setup.... 馃槄馃槃
Noooo鈥 IMO that looks dreadful 鈥ach to their own

Registered
Noooo鈥 IMO that looks dreadful 鈥ach to their own
^^^^^ This. Original any day. Also, after recent pothole experiences in my Model 3 Performance, I'll be having as much clerance as possible thankyou.

One more thing to note. With the battery pack running along the floor at the lowest level, lowering the car brings a greatly increased risk of damaiging the battery pack.

Registered
^^^^^ This. Original any day. Also, after recent pothole experiences in my Model 3 Performance, I'll be having as much clerance as possible thankyou.

One more thing to note. With the battery pack running along the floor at the lowest level, lowering the car brings a greatly increased risk of damaiging the battery pack.
Exactly and I believe the I4 is already lowered compared to the ICE version to improve aerodynamics. I also dislike 鈥榬ubber band tyres鈥 for the same reason, they make you look like a teenager, wreck dynamics and smash the lovely alloy weeks. Of course if that鈥檚 your thing go for it 馃槈

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
In the pics the car is very low (photoshop confirmed btw).

To my knowledge the i4 is raised compared to the ICE version of the GC. When you look at the i4 in the configurator, what you see is the ICE version. When you look at the i4 in rewievs you can see its about 2 cm higher front and back.

I would like to know if taking it back down 2cm is going to put you way to low due to the battery, if the battery is actually 2cm lower than the bottom of the ICE version.

I live in a country where very low car is a bad thing, but right now the gap between tire and wheel arch on i4 m50 is comparable to a SUV like the x5. Atleast to my eye.. 馃槄

Edit: Had to doubble check the numbers as the 2cm higher is stuck in my head from an early rewiev/description of the car that i cant remember. The real numbers are 4series GC 1442mm tall. I4m50 1448mm tall.

Registered
2019 BMW M4cs
I would imagine if you do want to lower it .5 - 1" (approx 10-20mm), you would just have to replace the front springs. With the rear air-springs, it's simple changing the electronic signal so I'm sure there would be aftermarket kits that would do that like on any other platform with air springs.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I would imagine if you do want to lower it .5 - 1" (approx 10-20mm), you would just have to replace the front springs. With the rear air-springs, it's simple changing the electronic signal so I'm sure there would be aftermarket kits that would do that like on any other platform with air springs.
From my understanding, if it works like the airsuspension /self leveling system on the G31 you can change height in the BMW service tool.
I never did any coding like that, but i assume you can pay someone that knows what they are doing to do it. Its very easy from the youtube vids i saw, but there is potential serious consequences if the link/program crashes while doing it.

Registered
2019 BMW M4cs
Thanks, I too would be interested to lower the car 10-20mm myself. Definitely not a slammed look, but to at least even out the wheel gap within the wheel well itself as the body looks raised in proportion to the wheel arch/wheel gap.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thinking the same. I feel like the gaps look way to big. I would not lower a standard msport G20 or G30 for example, but there is something about the height of the i4 that is out of propotions. To my eye the rear wheel seems slightly to much pushed forward aswell, the gap behind the wheel is way bigger than infront.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts