BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
BMW 6 series coupe F13, BMW X3 G01
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if this was already posted but here is Thomas on Autogefühl reviewing the M440i GC. It’s the ICE version of the i4 and apart from drivetrain, rear suspension and idrive dashboard it’s an identical car to the i4.

At 1:50 he makes two door closings and“it’s ok, not that bad”, which seems much better than the “really bad” from the i4 m50 review. This car shouldn’t be a pre-production car as the i4 and probability has better fit and finish.

·
Registered
i4 M50 19" 861M Sanremo green
1,567 Posts
Unfortunately, 1 big difference. The M440i x-drive has a 4169 lbs curb weight, the i4 M50 weighs in at 5029. That's a difference of 860 lbs or 390 kg. That's my only worry from a handling standpoint.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I kinda wish there were more to differentiate the EV from the ICE 4 series. In my area, part of the reason for moving into electric as early as we are is that there are so few EVs and people need to start seeing people driving them but I'm sure it will just be taken as another ICE vehicle.

·
Registered
i4 M50 19" 861M Sanremo green
1,567 Posts
@Ultrachrome , I think that the only unique style comes with the i4 e-drive 40, which can be spec'ed with the blue i "signature" trims, which in turn work best when the car is white IMO. It does not seem that the i4 M50 can be spec'ed in any way that is different than the M440i x-drive other than the subtle differences in the grilled (closed) and the rear (no exhaust). I think it is a deliberate styling decision from BMW to attract more conventional buyers.

·
Registered
300 Posts
@Ultrachrome , I think that the only unique style comes with the i4 e-drive 40, which can be spec'ed with the blue i "signature" trims, which in turn work best when the car is white IMO. It does not seem that the i4 M50 can be spec'ed in any way that is different than the M440i x-drive other than the subtle differences in the grilled (closed) and the rear (no exhaust). I think it is a deliberate styling decision from BMW to attract more conventional buyers.
I appreciate your thoughts Minhsatx...I ordered the M50 but agree with you on the e-drive 40 and wish the M50 had some of the same embellishments. I'll probably just get a couple of EV stickers to stick on the car and be done with it.

·
Registered
Kona EV, 335i convertible, K1600b mc
1,287 Posts
I kinda wish there were more to differentiate the EV from the ICE 4 series. In my area, part of the reason for moving into electric as early as we are is that there are so few EVs and people need to start seeing people driving them but I'm sure it will just be taken as another ICE vehicle.
I like it the way it is. Hehe
I have a Kona EV, and then out there is the ICE version. Only difference is basically the front end and no exhaust pipe. It's humorous when ppl go, wow this is Electric. I still do a double take when ppl look weird at the front end.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I like it the way it is. Hehe
I have a Kona EV, and then out there is the ICE version. Only difference is basically the front end and no exhaust pipe. It's humorous when ppl go, wow this is Electric. I still do a double take when ppl look weird at the front end.
Have a Kona EV as well, at the moment. A bit of a sleeper car really. You get a lot of looks at the second traffic lights, wondering why they couldn't keep up with this weird looking little Hyundai.

·
Registered
Kona EV, 335i convertible, K1600b mc
1,287 Posts
Have a Kona EV as well, at the moment. A bit of a sleeper car really. You get a lot of looks at the second traffic lights, wondering why they couldn't keep up with this weird looking little Hyundai.
I showed an older corvette once , haha. I don't normally play the red light takeoffs, but buddy was revving his engine, then wham I was gone and was good till 100kmh. I like rapidly merging onto the highway and once I hit my set speed, usually passengers in other cars when passing me, are looking over with stunned looks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.