BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some news on extended M performance parts. From the first looks of it front, side & back bumper/diffuser, performance brakes & disc, steeringwheel and horrible stickers to state the obvious in a 1990's manner :D

·
Registered
Ordered: i4 M50 Individual Tansanit Blau
27 Posts
How can I add these parts to my existing order? They weren't available during the configuration of my order. Or are these separate parts that you need to buy after delivery of the vehicle?

·
Registered
i4 M50 19" 861M Sanremo green
1,567 Posts
Some news on extended M performance parts. From the first looks of it front, side & back bumper/diffuser, performance brakes & disc, steeringwheel and horrible stickers to state the obvious in a 1990's manner :D

I actually quite like the Performance stickers on the trim below the side doors, they add an "M" color that is missing in my view of the sides.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I've made up my mind and asked the dealership to add that front splitter and rear spoiler to my M50 when it gets delivered. It looks so sexy and it'll stand out even a biiiiit more 😎

·
Registered
27 Posts
Do M Performance Parts change performance or is it just cosmetic?
Most parts are mainly cosmetic, however front splitters, diffusors and rear spoilers have improved aerodynamic properties as well (that's what they were designed for in the first place). Although it's more beneficial when driving at high speeds, there can be a subtle range gain when using such parts in regular driving conditions.

·
Banned
M50, Blue, huge grille
849 Posts
Most parts are mainly cosmetic, however front splitters, diffusors and rear spoilers have improved aerodynamic properties as well (that's what they were designed for in the first place). Although it's more beneficial when driving at high speeds, there can be a subtle range gain when using such parts in regular driving conditions.
I thought the rear spooler lowered the range

·
Registered
27 Posts

·
Registered
i4m50, 18inch 245/255 summer 18 inch 245/245 winter, order aug 21 - not delivered
612 Posts
M4 without rear spoiler, 55 kg downforce, with spoiler 70 kg downforce at 200 km/h = more stability.
And of course more drag = lower range

1 - 16 of 16 Posts