BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was told there is a +$2,500 market adjustment over the MSRP on an i4 in NY. Have you heard about this from your dealer and what does it mean? Are they just putting the dealer mark-up on the final invoice when the car is delivered?

·
Registered
i4 eDrive 40; 2021 Audi e-Tron Sportback
1,898 Posts
I was told there is a +$2,500 market adjustment over the MSRP on an i4 in NY. Have you heard about this from your dealer and what does it mean? Are they just putting the dealer mark-up on the final invoice when the car is delivered?
Which dealer in NY is this? I think these 'market adjustments' are at the discretion of an individual dealer as opposed to a general approach within a state. For many of us the big surprise may or may not come when our cars arrive.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Ask for the contact information for the regional manager, and say you'd like to talk to him or her about why they are adding this extra cost. As far as I can tell, that's not true in the least.

·
Registered
2022 i4 eDrive40, Skyscraper Gray, DAPP, PAP, Laserlight, Drive Recorder, eSIM Harmon Kardon
1,130 Posts
That is my limit on any dealer mark up ($2,500).......if it's over that I'll walk.

·
Registered
101 Posts
I’ve been told by my dealer in New England they will honor MSRP. I‘ve seen the contract and will sign the contract once the car gets a production number. Then again I preordered so that may be different?

Reactions: dudenjen

·
Registered
2022 e40 Sport
243 Posts
My dealer in NJ indicated for an ordered car they will charge what is on the list price sheet. No discounts, no markups. However, they do have the "paint protection package" added to all the cars on the floor/stock which is essentially a mark-up.

·
Registered
768 Posts
I have it in writing from my dealership they won't mark my car up since it was a pre order.

Is this just an i4 on a lot with no buyer? That might be why

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Unfortunately, it is for a pre-order with anticipated delivery Dec or Jan 2023. After the $2,500 mark-up, the i4 eDrive will be close to $68,000 with the options I want. I probably won't order it anymore. Will sit to see what I can get with $68,000 cash end of this year. LOL

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Unfortunately, it is for a pre-order with anticipated delivery Dec or Jan 2023. After the $2,500 mark-up, the i4 eDrive will be close to $68,000 with the options I want. I probably won't order it anymore. Will sit to see what I can get with $68,000 cash end of this year. LOL
When you say "pre-order"; was it placed before Nov 2021?

A delivery date that late looks like a regular order.

Waiting on my Tanzanite M50!

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Yes regular order.
All bets are off on regular orders.

I'd dealer shop.

I live in Northern California and we have a BMW dealer here that opened as a no-haggle, no-markup dealer. That's putting pressure on other dealers.

The dealer I normally go to doesn't do excessive markups. They have a new 2022 760i on the floor for MSRP with no markup. It's the last of the V12 cars with no market adjustment.

Reactions: Kayanarka and EMYK

·
Registered
2022 i4 eDrive40, Skyscraper Gray, DAPP, PAP, Laserlight, Drive Recorder, eSIM Harmon Kardon
1,130 Posts
Are people willing to buy a i4 that is 10k over asking? I find that hard to imagine.
I love the BMW i4........but it's NOT worth over 10k over MSRP.

·
Registered
2022 BMW X5 45e
127 Posts
Are people willing to buy a i4 that is 10k over asking? I find that hard to imagine.
There are some crazy people with a lot of money. Usually it's on a car on the lot and not an order.

·
Registered
2022 i4 M Sport, Tanzanite Blue, Mocha ventilated seats
912 Posts
My dealer in NJ indicated for an ordered car they will charge what is on the list price sheet. No discounts, no markups. However, they do have the "paint protection package" added to all the cars on the floor/stock which is essentially a mark-up.
Since PPF is not apart of your order, why do they get to add it when your car arrives. I would think they could add whatever accys they want, if it's their stock, but you ordered the car!

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
But comprehensive insurance is a "paint protection package".

·
Registered
i4m50, 18inch 245/255 summer 18 inch 245/245 winter, order aug 21 - not delivered
980 Posts
I love the BMW i4........but it's NOT worth over 10k over MSRP.
In Norway you can get a 2nd hand i4M50 with "all" equipment for NOK 850000 / 8.8 = USD 96750.
That is approx USD 12500 more than if you order the car today - with delivery 2023

Most of them has been sold in a day or two

google translate :

Equipment

248 Steering wheel heating
2VC Tire Repair Kit
322 Comfort Access
33T M Technology Package
3AC Towbar
3FW 20 LM rim 868M
3M2 M Sport brake, Red high gloss
3MF BMW Individual Shadow Line Lanterns
403 Electric sunroof
420 Sun protection routes
459 Electric seat adjustment
488 Lumbar support forward
4GQ M seat belts
4HA Heated front and rear seats
4M5 BMW Individual Leather upholstered dashboard
4MC Interior strip carbon fiber
4T2 Charging Cable Mode 3
4U0 Galvanic embellisher for controls
4UR Ambient interior lighting
5 years / 200,000 km Norwegian New Car Warranty
5AC High beam Assistant
5AL Active Protection
5AU Driving Assistant Professional
5AZ BMW Laserlight
5DN Parking Assistant Plus
688 Harman Kardon Surround Sound System
6DR BMW Drive Recorder
6NX Storage for wireless charging
6U3 BMW Live Cockpit Professional
6UX Deletion of touch function BMW iDrive Controller
711 M Sports Seats
71C M Carbon exterior Package
7M9 BMW Individual high-gloss Shadow Line with extended contents
8TR Decoding additional Functions
BSI 4 years - Service agreement
ZSB Supercharged

·
Registered
2022 e40 Sport
243 Posts
Since PPF is not apart of your order, why do they get to add it when your car arrives. I would think they could add whatever accys they want, if it's their stock, but you ordered the car!
Correct - they do not add it to customer ordered cars. They add it to dealer inventory for cars "on the lot" available for sale to anyone.

Reactions: dudenjen
1 - 20 of 53 Posts