BMW i4 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
2022 i4 40e Brooklyn Grey/Black leather Blue stitching/M Sport pkg/Premium pkg/HK sound
234 Posts
I love the BMW i4........but it's NOT worth over 10k over MSRP.
I asked my dealer for an OTD price sheet today. MSRP +taxes and fees. No add-ons and she will guarantee the price does not change when the car arrives later this year.

·
Registered
2022 i4 M Sport, Tanzanite Blue, Mocha ventilated seats
879 Posts
I asked my dealer for an OTD price sheet today. MSRP +taxes and fees. No add-ons and she will guarantee the price does not change when the car arrives later this year.
That's great ews, gives us all hope. My SA, she told me the same thing, but seeing is believing.

·
Registered
712 Posts
This is crazy. Not bragging but… my dealer offered a $1000 discount off MSRP. I guess some give and some take away…
They are fools lol.

·
Registered
14 Posts
All bets are off on regular orders.

I'd dealer shop.

I live in Northern California and we have a BMW dealer here that opened as a no-haggle, no-markup dealer. That's putting pressure on other dealers.

The dealer I normally go to doesn't do excessive markups. They have a new 2022 760i on the floor for MSRP with no markup. It's the last of the V12 cars with no market adjustment.

Waiting on my Tanzanite M50!
Which no mark up dealer do you use? I’m in Bay Atea also.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Are people willing to buy a i4 that is 10k over asking? I find that hard to imagine.
It is all relative. If you own a million bitcoins, are you really going to fret over a .15 bitcoin markup? There are cheap rich people, and frivolous poor people. I personally would not pay that kind of mark up, especially when it looks like we might be heading towards a recession.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I was told there is a +$2,500 market adjustment over the MSRP on an i4 in NY. Have you heard about this from your dealer and what does it mean? Are they just putting the dealer mark-up on the final invoice when the car is delivered?
My local BMW dealerships are “forcing” customers to pay $1197 for window tinting, door edge guards and nitro air for tires. This is how they’re marking up their i4 & iX orders. I luckily found my fully loaded i4 eDrive40 M Sport in Maryland (no mark ups, no forced purchases) and just got my windows perfectly tinted for $349). Flight to Maryland only cost $220 and it only took 6 hours of my time last Saturday. Planning on spending roughly $4,500 to wrap it with Satin Dark Grey. You just have to be persistent and keep making phone calls daily to find that “cancelled” order.

·
Registered
i4 eDrive 40; 2021 Audi e-Tron Sportback
1,891 Posts
My local BMW dealerships are “forcing” customers to pay $1197 for window tinting, door edge guards and nitro air for tires. This is how they’re marking up their i4 & iX orders. I luckily found my fully loaded i4 eDrive40 M Sport in Maryland (no mark ups, no forced purchases) and just got my windows perfectly tinted for $349). Flight to Maryland only cost $220 and it only took 6 hours of my time last Saturday. Planning on spending roughly $4,500 to wrap it with Satin Dark Grey. You just have to be persistent and keep making phone calls daily to find that “cancelled” order.
What is someone doesn't want window tinting? Not everyone loves it. So this is a real $1200 markup on preorders, not even existing stock.

Where are you located?

·
Registered
2022 i4 40e Brooklyn Grey/Black leather Blue stitching/M Sport pkg/Premium pkg/HK sound
234 Posts
Ask the dealer to show you the individual contracts for each of these add-ons. They will have a checkbox on the first page saying they are voluntary or there will be a declination box to check. You are not obligated to buy these; however, they may decide to sell the car to someone else so you could negotiate the price of these add-ons as their mark up is about 300% in most cases. Worth a shot.

Reactions: Kayanarka

·
Registered
879 Posts
Ask the dealer to show you the individual contracts for each of these add-ons. They will have a checkbox on the first page saying they are voluntary or there will be a declination box to check. You are not obligated to buy these; however, they may decide to sell the car to someone else so you could negotiate the price of these add-ons as their mark up is about 300% in most cases. Worth a shot.
I'm very glad I opted for the performance delivery. I will do the paperwork with dealer before I go to SC to pick it up. That should prevent them from having the opportunity to install something I didn't order. lol. I'm holding firm on MSRP! 😆

·
Registered
234 Posts
I'm very glad I opted for the performance delivery. I will do the paperwork with dealer before I go to SC to pick it up. That should prevent them from having the opportunity to install something I didn't order. lol. I'm holding firm on MSRP! 😆
I went to my dealership yesterday to test drive the m50 demo. I spoke to finance manager and asked him for my OTD price sheet and we agreed nothing would be added when the car comes. I will pay MSRP and usual taxes and fees. No add-ons. I have a signed agreement by both parties.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I went to my dealership yesterday to test drive the m50 demo. I spoke to finance manager and asked him for my OTD price sheet and we agreed nothing would be added when the car comes. I will pay MSRP and usual taxes and fees. No add-ons. I have a signed agreement by both parties.
Also, the two closest dealerships have added $3000 to the MSRP of the m50 demos. Both only have premium pkg and HUD as added options.

• Sad
Reactions: Kayanarka

·
Registered
879 Posts
How do you sign up for/schedule delivery at the Performance Center (SC)?
Your dealership adds it to your bld order. Genius line can confirm it once they see it on your order from dealership. Not sure how long it takes, but it's just like you making normal accys changes to your bld sheet.

·
Registered
221 Posts
So is MSRP a good price for the i40 on an ordered car? The only add on from my dealer is window tint at $499, which is a little more than it should cost but not outrageous.
As of right now. That may start to change if economic conditions slow car sales, ut as of right now people seem to be fighting over the chance to buy a new EV.

·
Registered
2022 e40 Sport
229 Posts
So is MSRP a good price for the i40 on an ordered car? The only add on from my dealer is window tint at $499, which is a little more than it should cost but not outrageous.
Yes. Almost everyone, that I can tell, are paying MSRP for an ordered car. There are dealer add-ons. If minor simply accept it. If a major markup or big charge for a worthless add-on, run away and go to another dealer.

·
Registered
2022 BMW i4 M50 (Mineral White)
85 Posts
My local dealer is only selling to local customers and avoiding the long distance shoppers; I suppose this strategy keeps local customers happy and gives them better access to inventory.

I’m taking delivery of an unclaimed i4 M50 next week. I’ve had multiple conversations with the salesperson and he’s confirmed twice that I’m buying it for MSRP. I’ll update this forum if it turns out that way (still a bit skeptical, but hopeful). I know they’ll attempt to sell the usual add-ons, but there aren’t many compelling options (extended warranty or otherwise).

·
Registered
'21 Tesla MY LR, 2017 Volt
214 Posts
My local dealer is only selling to local customers and avoiding the long distance shoppers; I suppose this strategy keeps local customers happy and gives them better access to inventory.

I’m taking delivery of an unclaimed i4 M50 next week. I’ve had multiple conversations with the salesperson and he’s confirmed twice that I’m buying it for MSRP. I’ll update this forum if it turns out that way (still a bit skeptical, but hopeful). I know they’ll attempt to sell the usual add-ons, but there aren’t many compelling options (extended warranty or otherwise).
Good luck!

21 - 40 of 53 Posts