BMW i4 Forum banner
41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
2022 BMW i4 M50 (Mineral White)
85 Posts
Good luck!
Everything turned out well. Not only did they sell it to me for MSRP, they apparently held off a bunch of other interested buyers who contacted the dealership the day the car was delivered. I was VERY lucky to have an honest dealership and salesman. That, and I just transacted the Mach E (through Driveway). The car is still at my house, but the paperwork had been processed and they should pick it up next week.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Contacted my local dealer and got the following reply..”The i4 are being sold at MSRP. The build you would do online at BMWUSA.com would show you MSRP. Any build currently ordered would be a 2023 model and delivery is end of 1st quarter 2023. The process would be building the car and submitting build through us to BMW. We would take a small deposit to use the allocation for you ($1000-1500 usually).”
Im just questioning if it’s typical for the dealerships to take a deposit??

·
Registered
2022 BMW i4 M50 (Mineral White)
85 Posts
Contacted my local dealer and got the following reply..”The i4 are being sold at MSRP. The build you would do online at BMWUSA.com would show you MSRP. Any build currently ordered would be a 2023 model and delivery is end of 1st quarter 2023. The process would be building the car and submitting build through us to BMW. We would take a small deposit to use the allocation for you ($1000-1500 usually).”
Yes, very typical. I paid a $2,000 deposit when I ordered my M50. When I took delivery of a canceled order from another customer, they applied my deposit towards the down payment. Easy and clean.

·
Registered
2020 330i xDrive Portimao Blue
1,635 Posts
Sounds like an honest dealer.

·
Registered
13 Posts
So is MSRP a good price for the i40 on an ordered car? The only add on from my dealer is window tint at $499, which is a little more than it should cost but not outrageous.
My bayarea dealer initially added $650 for tint and $200 for nitrogen to my price quote, I said no so they removed them in my written quote before my $1k deposit

·
Registered
2022 Tesla Model 3 - for now
1,541 Posts
$200 for nitrogen in the tires?

I would be insulted if a dealership tried that maneuver.

·
Registered
2022 i4 eDrive40, Skyscraper Gray, DAPP, PAP, Laserlight, Drive Recorder, eSIM Harmon Kardon
1,030 Posts
Everything turned out well. Not only did they sell it to me for MSRP, they apparently held off a bunch of other interested buyers who contacted the dealership the day the car was delivered. I was VERY lucky to have an honest dealership and salesman. That, and I just transacted the Mach E (through Driveway). The car is still at my house, but the paperwork had been processed and they should pick it up next week.
That's awesome news! @BadgerGreg

41 - 53 of 53 Posts