BMW i4 Forum banner
61 - 78 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Mine has both lidar and cameras. Turning off the "nanny" reminders is just my personal preference. I was able to get the MY last year when I needed a vehicle quickly after BMW bought back my X5 45e for battery contamination issues that they couldn't fix for 6+ mo. I went full EV because I didn't want to go back to an ICE and I took delivery of my MY in 12 days after ordering it (Tesla is just up the road from us). I also got it because of their reliability with batteries and the SC network.

I've had a few instances of sudden braking when approaching a road bike on the shoulder in the past but it hasn't happened for some time now.
Lidar makes a difference, shocking. Just drove another 160 mile trip this morning...3 phantom braking incidents at high speed. Dangerous with cameras only.

Not sure what your point is anymore, in this thread about ACC.

·
Registered
25 Posts
The problem with letter writing campaigns is it doesn’t really change the supply chain situation. You can say “oh look at the M50 getting DAPP back” but I haven’t seen one bit of evidence showing the feedback actually had any effect. It’s much more likely BMW just partially fixed their supply chain bottleneck for components and is prioritizing higher margin vehicles to offer the option. That’s what I would do if I was running the biz. If the supply chain improves further, we’ll definitely get it back on the edrive40….BMW doesn’t want to say no to cash money.

I’m not sure why people think writing a letter will move the needle. If BMW could snap their precisely manicured fingers and restore the components/features they would. The best one could hope for is more flexibility in waiting for your build, but if they’re selling everything they make, why bother?

Canceling your preorders and orders is the only thing that’ll move the needle, otherwise BMW is still selling everything they make.

·
Registered
46 Posts
If DAPP and PAP doesn‘t become available by the time my order is ready into production, I my have to go with a Mach E Extended Range Premium which I have also on order, or removed all the options of the e40 to just the premium package/hud. Why spend $67K if it doesn’t have the latest technology, ACC, LKE. I had a Kia Forte rental last weekend while on vacation and it had ACC and LKE, why can BMW offer it on all cars?

·
Registered
593 Posts
If DAPP and PAP doesn‘t become available by the time my order is ready into production, I my have to go with a Mach E Extended Range Premium which I have also on order, or removed all the options of the e40 to just the premium package/hud. Why spend $67K if it doesn’t have the latest technology, ACC, LKE. I had a Kia Forte rental last weekend while on vacation and it had ACC and LKE, why can BMW offer it on all cars?
As a former Mach-E owner. DON'T.

Serious Second Thoughts | MachEforum - Ford Mustang Mach-E Forum, News, Owners, Discussions

·
Registered
46 Posts
Believe me I really don’t want to, but BMW has handicapped the e40 for a lot of us. The other option is wait until they get their act together. BMW has to understand that BEV customers want the latest technologies unlike ICE cars customer, which for them is a different demographic. I had my e40 order configured as an M Sport with all the options, thye transition ti to a 2023 already and removed DAPP and PAP, don’t need AWD in Florida and don’t need to go 0-60 in 3.5 sec, I refuse to be force into an M50, and go to the back of the line.

·
Registered
593 Posts
Believe me I really don’t want to, but BMW has handicapped the e40 for a lot of us. The other option is wait until they get their act together. BMW has to understand that BEV customers want the latest technologies unlike ICE cars customer, which for them is a different demographic. I had my e40 order configured as an M Sport with all the options, thye transition ti to a 2023 already and removed DAPP and PAP, don’t need AWD in Florida and don’t need to go 0-60 in 3.5 sec, I refuse to be force into an M50, and go to the back of the line.
I just hope you understand I've been enjoying my 2012 200k mile accord more than I did my Mach-E.

Literally pick anything else just not a mach-e. Or you can but don't say I didn't warn you.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I just hope you understand I've been enjoying my 2012 200k mile accord more than I did my Mach-E.

Literally pick anything else just not a mach-e. Or you can but don't say I didn't warn you.
I have few months to keep thinking about it. “Supposedly” I have a week 31 build week for my e40, but I doubt it will happen. I’m leaning towards removing all the MSPorts options, HK and keeping it basic since they won’t gives the higher tech options.

·
Registered
5.0 V8 Range Rover, Smart Roadster
213 Posts
I've just received the updated spec sheet for my 40. It's coming prepared with ACC that can be enabled in the MyBMW app on delivery.

So if you're missing 5AU, look at your spec to see whether it's got 9QY instead. It'll cost money to enable the ACC, but at least we can have it.

·
Registered
'21 Tesla MY LR, 2017 Volt
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
I've just received the updated spec sheet for my 40. It's coming prepared with ACC that can be enabled in the MyBMW app on delivery.

So if you're missing 5AU, look at your spec to see whether it's got 9QY instead. It'll cost money to enable the ACC, but at least we can have it.
Hi Squirrel,
Thanks, that's most encouraging.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I cannot believe that the stock has not cratered, and that more people are not talking about the recent discovery concerning numerous cases of Autopilot shutting itself off in the final 0.5-1 second before a crash, just so that T can say "Autopilot was not engaged at the time of the incident" with a straight face. This 'design feature' seems criminal, IMHO.
I mean the stock has kind of cratered. Far more than the market in general. There's a reason elon is hiring "hard core lawyers" Plus he turned off a bunch of investors and customers by turning all maga.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I started this thread in hopes of people with 40e reservations might be willing to contact BMW to ask that they re-instate the ACC as an option for us.
Just emailed them saying I can't go from a tesla with autopilot to an i4 with old fashioned cruise control and most other tesla owners will feel the same. I dont want the cost of the M50 so if it's not brought back to the 40 then I'll buy a polestar instead.

·
Registered
'21 Tesla MY LR, 2017 Volt
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #77 ·
Just emailed them saying I can't go from a tesla with autopilot to an i4 with old fashioned cruise control and most other tesla owners will feel the same. I dont want the cost of the M50 so if it's not brought back to the 40 then I'll buy a polestar instead.
I too will probably not get the 40e w/o ACC. I don't need to use it often but it's really helpful in stop and go traffic on the freeway (when that happens). I've got a Mach e Premium on order too and will sell our Volt when it comes. I can always keep the MY as it's been reliable, a reasonable build quality, and drives well. Just not like a BMW though.

All this said I've still not put in an order as our dealer hasn't gotten any 40e allotments the last couple months. So it could be available again (fingers crossed) by the time BMW's ready to build it.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I too will probably not get the 40e w/o ACC. I don't need to use it often but it's really helpful in stop and go traffic on the freeway (when that happens). I've got a Mach e Premium on order too and will sell our Volt when it comes. I can always keep the MY as it's been reliable, a reasonable build quality, and drives well. Just not like a BMW though.

All this said I've still not put in an order as our dealer hasn't gotten any 40e allotments the last couple months. So it could be available again (fingers crossed) by the time BMW's ready to build it.
The i4 was advertised to us as a level 2 plus autonomous driving, the e40 is now a level 0, since it doesn’t have any of the new technologies for it. My Honda Ridgeline has both ACC and LKA, which meets level 2 requirements and its very useful on long drive here in the Florida turnpike less stress on our legs on a 100 miles stretch. If those options are not back when my Mach E Premium arrive, the e40 will be canceled.

61 - 78 of 78 Posts