BMW i4 Forum banner
81 - 100 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
i4 M50 19" 861M Sanremo green
1,567 Posts
View attachment 6523

First night drive, headlights are awesome!

not only high beam but low beam also follow the road. One part is triggered by steering wheel but the head light followed the road without steering input too (steering wheel straight but the headlight followed the next curve)
@Accelerator, these look like the Laser lights, right? How do they compare to "normal" LED lights like you had in your previous car? Also, did watch the way it avoid dazzling oncoming cars? I'm super-curious about that feature, it just got allowed by law this month in the US, and I have no idea when BMW will enable it in our cars.

·
Registered
206 Posts
@Accelerator, these look like the Laser lights, right? How do they compare to "normal" LED lights like you had in your previous car? Also, did watch the way it avoid dazzling oncoming cars? I'm super-curious about that feature, it just got allowed by law this month in the US, and I have no idea when BMW will enable it in our cars.
Here is Björn Nylands testvideo about the laser lights

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #87 · (Edited)
Mileage hit 1.000 km
Wow that’s the amount of km which I would drive in one month and not in 6 days. But this car is so incredible I can’t stop driving.

Few words about consumption

15.1 kWh/100 km on eco pro (country roads and villages). So it’s about drivers choice how high the consumption would be hehe

Sky Line Font Display device Electronic device

·
Banned
818 Posts
Mileage hit 1.000 km
Wow that’s the amount of km which I would drive in one month and not in 6 days. But this car is so incredible I can’t stop driving.

Few words about consumption

15.1 kWh/100 km on eco pro (country roads and villages). So it’s about drivers choice how high the consumption would be hehe

View attachment 6684
Very good !
How do you check it?

Edit: found 😭
Car Land vehicle Vehicle Plant Wheel

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #89 ·
@Mycroft 2

our average lifetime consumption matches! 24,1 kWh 😂

but my average lifetime speed was 54,6 km/h and yours is 43,4 km/h.

and far less recuperated energy on my side

Total milage can be found on your starting screen and phone app too.

Light Automotive design Auto part Font Electric blue

Hood Light Grille Vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Registered
206 Posts
I regenerated 67% of what I consumed! that's huge! o_O
you regenerated 37% what are your driving settings?
@Mycroft 2

our average lifetime consumption matches! 24,1 kWh 😂

but my average lifetime speed was 54,6 km/h and yours is 43,4 km/h.

and far less recuperated energy on my side

Total milage can be found on your starting screen and phone app too.

View attachment 6687
View attachment 6688
Recup 89 kWh. How does that turn into real extra km? It is one full battery charge so does it mean that you were driving some 800 km with one full charge?? Could be silly question but I want to understand that.

·
Banned
818 Posts
Recup 89 kWh. How does that turn into real extra km? It is one full battery charge so does it mean that you were driving some 800 km with one full charge?? Could be silly question but I want to understand that.
I don't realize well: the car was plugged in all the time, charge up to 85%, I went down once to 50%, otherwise ~70%.

(would have to find in the menus the total kW recharged on plug)

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #93 ·
“Ab Werk” means an unresettable recording since the vehicle was manufactured. 89 kWh recuperated on 1002 km.

There are other settings than “ab Werk” like last charging and individual.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
I recognize the little flap and the screwhole for the roof rack, I had the same on my 135i a decade ago. Be very careful with these little flaps, I broke one when installing my rack, and I could never find a replacement, BMW only sells the whole rail cover that does the whole length of the roof, on both sides, for an absurd price, because apparently the little flaps have to be painted together with the rail.

On the hand, I still have my roof rack for the 135i, the spacing between the mounting screws is 101 cm, I'm sure it is too small for the i4, but they are adjustable up to 107.5cm. @Accelerator, could I ask you to measure the distance beween the mounting holes from side to side? I'd love to be able to re-use my roof rack if it is within the adjustment range.

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
What is this?
@linerjoe, these are little flaps and screwholes on the roof, two towards the front of the roof, two towards the back, to mount the car rack also called load carrier bars by BMW. Here is a picture of the load carriers I had for my 135i, you can see the end has a little metal bracket with a screw sticking out, this goes into the mating part under the flaps shown by @Accelerator and you screw them down using the special wrench provided by BMW which has a torque meter incorporated, the little triangles are offset and when they line up, you are at the right torque. The end of the wrench looks a bit like a Torx only it has a pin on the screwhead side to prevent a standard Torx to get in, and a hole on the wrench side. This prevents average Joes to steal your load bars once installed (unless he also owns a BMW and load bars, thus the wrench).
Wood Tool Office supplies Bicycle part Electric blue

Bumper Automotive lighting Wood Automotive exterior Tool

Tool Hand tool Font Office supplies Writing implement

81 - 100 of 133 Posts