BMW i4 Forum banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

· Registered
96 Posts
I pick my car up on Monday, but I'd say that it's a minus we didn't have the folding hitch as an option like you can in Europe.

· Registered
55 Posts
We have no idea when status shifts. Seeing a real time list of vehicles entering production and able to track how far down you are on the list would be helpful. It may help prevent abandoned pre-orders.

· Super Moderator
2023 i4 m50 Portimao/Oyster
5,813 Posts
Apparently a factory representative meets with every new owner, and my turn has come up. I'm trying to collect a list of top issues to mention. Some things that came to mind:

Minuses:
  • Entire order experience for those who placed preorders. I definitely didn't suffer this as badly as others but yet another opportunity to express the pain
  • Dealers having too much control of sales/delivery experience (for in stock vehicles some dealers requiring extreme markups, add-ons etc, taking advantage of the car's scarcity)
  • Moderate bugginess of in-car software/iDrive8 and lack of transparency on when updates are released when. Related: why is the OTA mechanism to update software not being used, updates are being distributed only via dealers
  • Geniuses need more training on vehicle, especially the known issues with the vehicle, when they might be fixed
  • Multiple recalls/stop sales in first year vehicle on sale, from very serious (battery cell issue) to the more mundane (valet recall, backup camera recall). In all cases these have led to vehicle delivery delays, in extreme cases to loss of use of vehicle
Pluses:
  • Overall good quality of vehicle build. At least my feeling is that complaints about the manufacturing quality of the vehicles are rare. Most issues have been software and not the vehicle hardware.
  • In this class, car is good value for money (both in quality and performance overall)
  • Car is a looker (in my opinion anyway)
Have you met, yet? How did it go?

· Registered
37 Posts
My wife would like a stabilization handle above the door of the front passenger seat. I'm sure a lot of M50 passengers would like one as well!
Yes, yes, yes. Need a handle on both sides. There are handles for the rear passengers. It's literally the first thing one grabs for when getting in and getting ready to drive. Especially given the acceleration capability.

· Registered
'22 i4 eDrive40 Black Sapphire Metallic
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
  • Sad
Reactions: ssh

· Registered
137 Posts
Phone charger and phone dock behind the cup holders is dumb. Need to put the little storage compartment back under the left dash, need a frunk on at least on the 40, digital keys stink, range prediction is useless, profiles are not personalized enough, should have built in dash cam, the lane departure is scary at times, regular Led lights and Hi Fi stereo should be better for a stock bmw. Sorry

· Registered
'22 i4 eDrive40 Black Sapphire Metallic
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Phone charger and phone dock behind the cup holders is dumb. Need to put the little storage compartment back under the left dash, need a frunk on at least on the 40, digital keys stink, range prediction is useless, profiles are not personalized enough, should have built in dash cam, the lane departure is scary at times, regular Led lights and Hi Fi stereo should be better for a stock bmw. Sorry
lot of complaints, are you selling the car? :ROFLMAO:

21 - 34 of 34 Posts