BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
i4 eDrive40 M Sport
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

Looking for any fellow forum members that have a reservation with BMW West Island in the Montreal area to chat about their experience with the dealer.

I'm disappointed with mine so far. I know information is scarce but I email my sales advisor once a month tops and I feel he does not care and often replies a generic response without paying attention to my questions or even just ignores the emails until I send him a reminder.

Also the confirmation of the order was really strange to be honest.

Back in January I emailed to asked how things were going and he replies asking about my spec. I sent him the spec and he never replies. I email again a few days later to check if my spec was ok and he said that he already put my order in the system. I would have hoped a more personalized experience or even ask me to go to the dealer to go through the options together.

Small thing that also annoyed me is that they held an event in downtown Montreal back in February showing the car and no notification or message was sent about it. I guess that was the dealer's marketing department fault not just my sales advisor.

Anyway, considering reach out to the sales manager to ask if he can assign me another sales advisor but don't want to come out rude or anything.

What would you do? Thanks!

·
Registered
461 Posts
Oooooh, that's a tough question to answer. I will say my experience was similar. The pre-order process assigned you to a sales person. How that person is selected in each dealership I do not know. I say that, to say this, that person may or may not be a great salesman and they are assigned the task of managing a new car introduction.
I feared that would happen, so before I put in my order I reached out to the woman who sold me my 530e hoping she was still with the dealership. Luckily she was still there and I asked her to be my sales rep for this new i4 vehicle.
Sure enough they still tried to assign me to the "designated" person who was to handle all the i4 sales for the dealership. My rep went to the dealership manager and told them I requested her personally. I was prepared to speak with the manager if they ignored her. Having that previous positive experience with her made this crazy process much easier.
Long answer to your question, it's your car and you deserve to be comfortable with your representative. Well, that's my two cents. Don't feel guilty about asking for what you want.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Hi everyone,

Looking for any fellow forum members that have a reservation with BMW West Island in the Montreal area to chat about their experience with the dealer.

I'm disappointed with mine so far. I know information is scarce but I email my sales advisor once a month tops and I feel he does not care and often replies a generic response without paying attention to my questions or even just ignores the emails until I send him a reminder.

Back in January I emailed to asked how things were going and he replies asking about my spec. I sent him the spec and he never replies. I email again a few days later to check if my spec was ok and he said that he already put my order in the system. I would have hoped a more personalized experience or even ask me to go to the dealer to go through the options together.

Small thing that also annoyed me is that they held an event in downtown Montreal back in February showing the car and no notification or message was sent about it. I guess that was the dealer's marketing department fault not just my sales advisor.

Anyway, considering reach out to the sales manager to ask if he can assign me another sales advisor but don't want to come out rude or anything.

Many things changed past 2 years with the Covid situation
Do you know that many car salesmen are depress without cars to sale?
Maybe your rep does not know anymore how to handle all these customers calls looking for answers!
I would go see him, make him a surprise with a Starbucks, sit down and talk to him, who knows maybe you will find out why he acts that way with you?

This is if you really care for this rep and for this dealership!

·
Registered
i4 eDrive40 M Sport
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oooooh, that's a tough question to answer. I will say my experience was similar. The pre-order process assigned you to a sales person. How that person is selected in each dealership I do not know. I say that, to say this, that person may or may not be a great salesman and they are assigned the task of managing a new car introduction.
I feared that would happen, so before I put in my order I reached out to the woman who sold me my 530e hoping she was still with the dealership. Luckily she was still there and I asked her to be my sales rep for this new i4 vehicle.
Sure enough they still tried to assign me to the "designated" person who was to handle all the i4 sales for the dealership. My rep went to the dealership manager and told them I requested her personally. I was prepared to speak with the manager if they ignored her. Having that previous positive experience with her made this crazy process much easier.
Long answer to your question, it's your car and you deserve to be comfortable with your representative. Well, that's my two cents. Don't feel guilty about asking for what you want.
Thanks for this, what really bugs me how poor the experience has been to put the order, all by email and no confirmation or anything on his part.

I mean, if he makes a mistake on the other and the car arrives they will just say sorry my bad and if the mistake is too big like a different colour I have to wait what another year.

Trying to cool down and wait a few days before I decide what to do. I chose this dealership because I leased a 3 series from them a while back and the experience was good. Also they are not as fancy as other BMW dealers in the area that you feel the sales advisors are dressed to go to a wedding each time you step in. 😂

·
Registered
i4 eDrive40 M Sport
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Many things changed past 2 years with the Covid situation
Do you know that many car salesmen are depress without cars to sale?
Maybe your rep does not know anymore how to handle all these customers calls looking for answers!
I would go see him, make him a surprise with a Starbucks, sit down and talk to him, who knows maybe you will find out why he acts that way with you?

This is if you really care for this rep and for this dealership!
I fully understand the situation the last couple of years and I'm actually surprised they are still in business to be honest.

Also I would think that engaging with your customer and keeping a fluid communication is a good way to cheer up and keep working.

Funny enough the day I went for the test drive he rode with me while I test drove the M50 but he let me test drive the eDrive40 alone since he had several calls and messages to reply to.

I thought about what you propose, go in person and chat with him but I don't think that will change much and trust me I just email once a month so I'm not demanding at all.
On the other hand I don't know the guy and just by doing some research on the dealer's facebook page you can see how other salesmen get a lot of positive comments, etc.

·
Registered
MB GLA, Ordered I4 edrive40 Tanzanite blue with Cognac, Msport
497 Posts
@i4_eDrive40 I have the same problem than you, I call my sale rep and let a message in his voice box but no reply at all, same pattern about the mails except when I forward the mails then I can get an answer!! It is very disappointing to have to push all the time. BMW Canada is not better, they always reply to contact the dealer which is the original raison that I call them because I don't have answer back!!! At work I can get over 50 mails per day and I always reply no matter if I have an answer or not. :sick:

·
Registered
i4 eDrive40 M Sport
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
@i4_eDrive40 I have the same problem than you, I call my sale rep and let a message in his voice box but no reply at all, same pattern about the mails except when I forward the mails then I can get an answer!! It is very disappointing to have to push all the time. BMW Canada is not better, they always reply to contact the dealer which is the original raison that I call them because I don't have answer back!!! At work I can get over 50 mails per day and I always reply no matter if I have an answer or not. :sick:
Exactly, is very frustrating.
I'm ok if he replies in a couple of days but ignoring emails and having to follow up does not make any sense.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Hi everyone,

I have an order in BMW West Island. I don't want to use last names In order to be diplomatically correct. I switched salesmen halfway through, because I had a bad experience with Eran. Good experience with Luc. Luc is warm, down-to-earth, and accommodating.

It has also been explained to me that salesman may not have as much knowledge about the cars as we might expect, because we are passionate about what we ordered. They have more than 30 different cars that they have to know about, and I suppose it can be a bit of a challenge to be wizards about every single one of them.

I have been told that I may receive my M50 at some point between January and March of 2023. For now, that's some of the most pertinent information I need.

If you want to switch salesman, ask for the manager 1st, and tell him you want to make a change. He should be willing to accommodate you without any problems.

I hope this helps!

·
Registered
MB GLA, Ordered I4 edrive40 Tanzanite blue with Cognac, Msport
497 Posts
I have an order in BMW West Island. I don't want to use last names In order to be diplomatically correct. I switched salesmen halfway through, because I had a bad experience with Eran. Good experience with Luc. Luc is warm, down-to-earth, and accommodating.

It has also been explained to me that salesman may not have as much knowledge about the cars as we might expect, because we are passionate about what we ordered. They have more than 30 different cars that they have to know about, and I suppose it can be a bit of a challenge to be wizards about every single one of them.

I have been told that I may receive my M50 at some point between January and March of 2023. For now, that's some of the most pertinent information I need.

If you want to switch salesman, ask for the manager 1st, and tell him you want to make a change. He should be willing to accommodate you without any problems.

I hope this helps!
WOW I believe that you place your order in Sept. 2021 so it would be about 16 to 18 months!!! :eek:
I am surprised that you are not so affected!!

·
Registered
i4 eDrive40 M Sport
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
WOW I believe that you place your order in Sept. 2021 so it would be about 16 to 18 months!!! :eek:
I am surprised that you are not so affected!!
I think porterico2 decided to delay his order to 2023 so I hope that new estimate is because of that otherwise I'll be waiting until 2024 for mine at least 😂

·
Registered
102 Posts
From a real I4 owner:

Gent,

you all right but here’s the reality, these salesman are not selling cars! No no an order in it’s not money in their pocket, so imagine having to be in a situation like that where not only they don’t have gas cars to sale but on top of that people are going at them with questions about cars they never driven? Like around the block it’s not same like driving every day, plus new technology, how many km can you do?Winter time? Battery? Traction? Etc..
They don’t even know how it actually works for charging the car, many never even pluged an electric car!

Did BMW invited all reps to Germany for a product training? This a huge thing electrification…

I had already knowledge about BMW it’s our 7th one and 4 months of electric car experience with Mini Cooper SE that we only charged at home, so when I left the dealer with my I4, I was on my own about how a public charging station works? where to pay? Is it with bitcoin, visa, a prepaid card? Where can I find a supercharger? With car app? My phone?

1 day with my I4 and I knew more than anyone at the dealership, normal I have the only one they got..besides M50 and IX they kept for demos. Am I going to complain about getting a pre-production fully loaded BMW without any kind of discount? Nope I am lucky bastard to be able to drive one!

I have a letter B on the shifter at first I asked the product guy not the salesman, since I never got a call back, I went on YouTube and learn that the B does not stand for a beer…

just saying that the industry sucks in general and it’s not all about the employees, I prefer to work with my dealership the best possible for any kind of issue than to be frustrated!

A couple of years ago, my wife X3 had some little thing with steering wheel leather, small but we talked to the service manager even if it was 1 year on the road, and he pulled some magic and we got a brand new steering whee!

Go talk to your sales guy, bring him a Starbucks, you are probably going to be the first one to do that and watch his reaction…maybe will feel that Finally a good customer! 😉

If this works and there’s a change order on a customer waiting list, who do you think his going to call first for this kind of opportunity? I would guess the Starbucks customer! 😊

·
Registered
i4 eDrive40 M Sport
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
From a real I4 owner:

Gent,

you all right but here’s the reality, these salesman are not selling cars! No no an order in it’s not money in their pocket, so imagine having to be in a situation like that where not only they don’t have gas cars to sale but on top of that people are going at them with questions about cars they never driven? Like around the block it’s not same like driving every day, plus new technology, how many km can you do?Winter time? Battery? Traction? Etc..
They don’t even know how it actually works for charging the car, many never even pluged an electric car!

Did BMW invited all reps to Germany for a product training? This a huge thing electrification…

I had already knowledge about BMW it’s our 7th one and 4 months of electric car experience with Mini Cooper SE that we only charged at home, so when I left the dealer with my I4, I was on my own about how a public charging station works? where to pay? Is it with bitcoin, visa, a prepaid card? Where can I find a supercharger? With car app? My phone?

1 day with my I4 and I knew more than anyone at the dealership, normal I have the only one they got..besides M50 and IX they kept for demos. Am I going to complain about getting a pre-production fully loaded BMW without any kind of discount? Nope I am lucky bastard to be able to drive one!

I have a letter B on the shifter at first I asked the product guy not the salesman, since I never got a call back, I went on YouTube and learn that the B does not stand for a beer…

just saying that the industry sucks in general and it’s not all about the employees, I prefer to work with my dealership the best possible for any kind of issue than to be frustrated!

A couple of years ago, my wife X3 had some little thing with steering wheel leather, small but we talked to the service manager even if it was 1 year on the road, and he pulled some magic and we got a brand new steering whee!

Go talk to your sales guy, bring him a Starbucks, you are probably going to be the first one to do that and watch his reaction…maybe will feel that Finally a good customer! 😉

If this works and there’s a change order on a customer waiting list, who do you think his going to call first for this kind of opportunity? I would guess the Starbucks customer! 😊
I agree with you however the lack of knowledge about EVs does not bother me, I've been driving electric since 2016 so no news there for me.

I still believe my experience should be better but will see. For now I'll just wait, I don't want to go behind the guy's back to his manager and upset him to be honest. No interest on that.

Need to get my old 2004 BMW in for a recall so I might do that in a few weeks and do the Starbucks visit everyone is recommending.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I agree with you however the lack of knowledge about EVs does not bother me, I've been driving electric since 2016 so no news there for me.

I still believe my experience should be better but will see. For now I'll just wait, I don't want to go behind the guy's back to his manager and upset him to be honest. No interest on that.

Need to get my old 2004 BMW in for a recall so I might do that in a few weeks and do the Starbucks visit everyone is recommending.
In this critical global supply chain period of time, it seems that it takes more than cash to move forward…its what I call the Starbucks effect it has nothing to do with coffee…😉
Good luck!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone,

Picked up my I4 Wednesday from West Island in MTL - agree they are not very knowledgeable on the car as it is new - got a nice surprise after all the paperwork was done that the Federal $5K applies so they had to redo the paperwork - I nice savings but surprised they didn't know about it before - However LOVE the car!!

·
Registered
i4 eDrive40 M Sport
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Picked up my I4 Wednesday from West Island in MTL - agree they are not very knowledgeable on the car as it is new - got a nice surprise after all the paperwork was done that the Federal $5K applies so they had to redo the paperwork - I nice savings but surprised they didn't know about it before - However LOVE the car!!
Congrats! Post some pictures please!

·
Registered
Kona EV, 335i convertible, K1600b mc
1,303 Posts
Congrats,,,sweet
When did you pre-order?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts