BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for insights into what folks think the purchase price will be in the US vs. MSRP. Understand this is a new model, but not looking to pay sticker either. I placed a pre-order back in the summer.

Looking forward to getting things lined-up.

·
Registered
M50 San Remo Green Fiona Red/Black Extended Merino
181 Posts
The m50 price just made a 4000€ jump in Norway, after a 1500€ jump 1st september. The car is now 5500€ more expensive than it was when i ordered in July.

Will be interesting to see what prices you end up with in US when sales go live.

In EU BMW has a discount for organizations and companies that ranges from 2-9% off MSRP. I got 3% of as my workplace does not have enough employees/bmw sales to get the full bonus. On top they offer 2200€ discount from picking the "supercharged/fully charged" equipment packages.

My total discount amounts to something like 3500€ total pluss a 400€ discount on home charger. Not very much, but compared to ordering now i am saving 9000€.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Depends on the market, now super shortages, deliveries pushed back, MSRP rising, inflation on the go... I'd say 9% if you are super lucky and in best conditions, I got a bit less. But seeing the post above I see others got even less. Don't go for below 5% tho

·
Registered
129 Posts
Depends on the market, now super shortages, deliveries pushed back, MSRP rising, inflation on the go... I'd say 9% if you are super lucky and in best conditions, I got a bit less. But seeing the post above I see others got even less. Don't go for below 5% tho
I found one dealer who offered invoice plus 5%, everyone else was MSRP or MSRP plus.

·
Registered
149 Posts
MSRP here and got on the allocation for end of March.
fine I'll share my deal to help people negotiate (I'll probably go Model 3P instead anyways and just sell the M50 to someone who actually wants it when it comes in March): -8.75% discount on MSRP + trade-in value hold on current iX3 (i.e. BMW delays delivery - still same trade-in, no matter what, as in unlimited km on trade-in vehicle).

·
Registered
44 Posts
fine I'll share my deal to help people negotiate (I'll probably go Model 3P instead anyways and just sell the M50 to someone who actually wants it when it comes in March): -8.75% discount on MSRP + trade-in value hold on current iX3 (i.e. BMW delays delivery - still same trade-in, no matter what, as in unlimited km on trade-in vehicle).
That is a killer deal! I wanted a m50 but the allocation for it has been taken and was offered the edrive40 at mrsp. :/

·
Registered
i4 eDrive 40; 2021 Audi e-Tron Sportback
1,518 Posts
There will be many dealers taking advantage of the scarcity of product and wind up charging well above MSRP. The dealer near me has an 8 convertible (~$140,000 MSRP), very tough to get, and is starting negotiations at $10,000-15,000 over MSRP.

I suggest you prepare to be surprised, because nothing surprises me with some unscrupulous dealers.

·
Registered
104 Posts
There will be many dealers taking advantage of the scarcity of product and wind up charging well above MSRP. The dealer near me has an 8 convertible (~$140,000 MSRP), very tough to get, and is starting negotiations at $10,000-15,000 over MSRP.

I suggest you prepare to be surprised, because nothing surprises me with some unscrupulous dealers.
It can get worse
http://instagr.am/p/CYk0xdfrIFi/
Luckily, we are not familiar with this kind of adjustments in Europe. However thungs are changing too.

Official sales prices already went up and the fleet discounts are reduced to 0. I ordered my i4 with a discount of more than 7000 euro.
If I order the same car now, only 6 months later, I would pay 10k euro more.

·
Registered
i4 M50 19" 861M Sanremo green
1,567 Posts
Meanwhile, in the US, Ford is threatening to cut-off supply to dealers that add an outrageous markup on pre-orders using a technicality in their contract that this is damaging the reputation of Ford, since it IS a broken promise. Hopefully they go through with it, that would at least create a precedent that protects all our pre-orders.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts