BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I got an email today from my local dealer asking me to come in to review the spec that I had completed on the BMW website, the dealer is saying that some of the options I chose "may not be available" due to global shortages and shipping issues. Has anyone else had their local dealer call them in to discuss and redo their specs? What options will not be available? heads up display, paint options, etc?

·
Registered
301 Posts
Hi all,

I got an email today from my local dealer asking me to come in to review the spec that I had completed on the BMW website, the dealer is saying that some of the options I chose "may not be available" due to global shortages and shipping issues. Has anyone else had their local dealer call them in to discuss and redo their specs? What options will not be available? heads up display, paint options, etc?
I have been in regular contact with my dealer, including yesterday. I ordered the edrive40 with the Msport package and every option. Some of these were not permitted by the online configurator, but my dealer managed to make the selections on the order bank program.

The only things I was not able to get this way were the passenger side lumbar support, and the aero wheels. On further reflection, I decided I want the default light alloy wheels anyway.

For the passenger lumbar support, I put a pillow on the seat.

Note that I seem to be in the first batch of US orders, so maybe I am not much affected by supply issues.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Hi all,

That's sad. Because for the last couple of months, everyone was saying that the i4 and the iX won't be affected. Even the wireless charging.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Hi all,

I did have an exchange with my BMW "senior genius", he did mention my production order had not been assigned yet, but he did not mention anything about options possibly no longer available. There WAS a rumor that BMW pulled the price list last week for a few days for some revisions, but I haven't seen any announcement on the BMW news site, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts