BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 129 Posts

·
Registered
(2) 2022 i4 M50’s - one is dravit G+fiona full merino/ other is twilight P+ivory full merino,
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got word that my wife's M50 went into production today. April 13th. Actually it's early! as we were told it would be week 17.... but It was assigned a VIN code today and beginning the production phase.

Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting

Rectangle Font Parallel Magenta Brand

• 20" M wheels style 868M per ti
  • M Technology Package
  • Active Driving Assistant Pro
  • Extended Traffic Jam Assistant
  • Ambient Lighting
  • Heated Steering Wheel
  • Heated front seats
  • Lumbar support
  • Active Park Distance Control
  • Parking Assistant Plus
  • Rear view camera
  • Surround View w/ 3D View
  • Extended Shadowline Trim
  • M Shadowline Lights
  • BMW M 50 Years Emblems
  • Carbon Fiber Door Sill
  • Carbon Fiber trim
  • Drive Recorder
  • Harman Kardon surround sound
  • Icon Adaptive LED w/Laserlight
  • Live Cockpit Pro (incl. Navi)
  • M Carbon Exterior Package
  • Personal eSIM 5G
  • Wireless Device Charging
  • Active Protection
  • Adjustable seat width
  • Alarm System
  • Auto-dimming mirrors
  • BMW Navigation
  • CarPlay / Android Auto Compat.
  • Comfort Access keyless entry
  • Connected Package Pro
  • ConnectedDrive Services
  • Daytime driving lights
  • Decoding for no-dazzle hgh bm
  • Dual Zone Auto Climate Control
  • Leather Dashboard
  • M Sport Brakes with Red C
  • Mobility Kit
  • Passenger Lumbar Delete
  • Power Front Seats
  • SiriusXM Satellite Radio with
  • Storage package
  • Tire pressure monitor
  • Universal garage-door opener
  • iDrive Controller non-touchpad

-----Anyhow, quite excited for this!!! not sure how long we have to wait now? maybe 6more weeks or??? longer?Honestly i don't mind if its another 6+ weeks as we are doing a garage remodel and HOPING it will be done before we get this. Dravit M50 on right, and Twilight Purple M50 on left. having two BMW charge boxes, and power will come from 14 solar panels and two large battery backups. NOT tesla.... but Enphase is what we chose for our battery backup system. Since we don't do a lot of long distance, it's more than enough to offset over 100% of all the energy used by these cars and lots of extra left over for reducing our energy consumption in our home.

Building Chair Hall Flooring Interior design

·
Registered
M50, Brooklyn Gray, 859 Wheels, Extended Shadowline.
52 Posts
Congrats!

Whats up with the Merino Leather? I don't seem to remember that option offered for the US market.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Great combination. If you don't mind sharing, when did you pre-order?

·
Registered
(2) 2022 i4 M50’s - one is dravit G+fiona full merino/ other is twilight P+ivory full merino,
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Congrats!

Whats up with the Merino Leather? I don't seem to remember that option offered for the US market.
It is, but it’s individual.
So you must special order it. Talking to your dealer. They can call the vip of individual parts and “ok” it. But must be done before the car has a vin.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Great combination. If you don't mind sharing, when did you pre-order?
First car was mid june 2021
Second card was early July 2021

Hoping to put in my specs for my m50 as the second batch is what it ended up being in while my wife’s was #15 on the list for the seattle dealer.
so she got in on the first batch.

will say… I preordered it for myself, but then she said she wanted one. So I gave her first dibs on the first preorder. I must say…. Her spec is perfect imo. I would of done mine the same except for the 50th emblems
But don’t want to order same color car….

we both have mineral grey 435’s!!! Hers has redguts, and mine has black. Hers is grancoupe and mine is coupe. But this time my wife said to get whatever I want…. Hence the crazy twilight purple and full merino leather in white and 20” nightgold wheels.

Attachments

·
Registered
57 Posts
First car was mid june 2021
Second card was early July 2021

Hoping to put in my specs for my m50 as the second batch is what it ended up being in while my wife’s was #15 on the list for the seattle dealer.
so she got in on the first batch.

will say… I preordered it for myself, but then she said she wanted one. So I gave her first dibs on the first preorder. I must say…. Her spec is perfect imo. I would of done mine the same except for the 50th emblems
But don’t want to order same color car….

we both have mineral grey 435’s!!! Hers has redguts, and mine has black. Hers is grancoupe and mine is coupe. But this time my wife said to get whatever I want…. Hence the crazy twilight purple and full merino leather in white and 20” nightgold wheels.
Thanks! Mid-June is making me think hopefully the second batch/summer deliveries aren't far. I am hoping for a Dravit Gray+Red leather and seeing a car in the dealership during the launch event made the waiting even more difficult!

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks! Mid-June is making me think hopefully the second batch/summer deliveries aren't far. I am hoping for a Dravit Gray+Red leather and seeing a car in the dealership during the launch event made the waiting even more difficult!
I have yet to see a merino leather interior in any photos!!! Not one i4 has this interior in a photo so far as I’m aware. I hope hope to see it soon!
i am considering the Tartufo merino full instead of white but the white is so modern and futuristic looking. But sure to be higher maintenance

·
Registered
37 Posts
Congrats! You and your wife are lucky!

Will your car come with the 20" night gold rims? I understand that it can be purchased as an "Accessory", but were you able to not get the standard 20" wheel option and have it replaced with 20" night gold? How much extra did that cost?

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Congrats! You and your wife are lucky!

Will your car come with the 20" night gold rims? I understand that it can be purchased as an "Accessory", but were you able to not get the standard 20" wheel option and have it replaced with 20" night gold? How much extra did that cost?
Very good question.
I am working with the dealer on this. I think I will have to pay for the nightgold 20 as accessories. However I am working with them to maybe get credit for trade of the standard 20’s… I have a source to get legit Michelin pilot sport AS 4 for 1050usd for set of tires. I want these with nightgold 20’s!!! But will trade the stock 20’s and whatever tires for whatever price. I know my local dealer, bmw Seattle is legit and will do whatever it takes to make a deal work. They are legit!!! I am so happy to work work with them!!!
They have been amazing to work with us. We are buying TWO m50’s from them and are fully loaded plus individual specs! I hope they will do whatever it takes. We are paying cash. Don’t bother with finance. We hope to be one of their best customers. Maybe we are not the best of best customer but we are paying cash. So hope they make everything happen.

we will definitely praise this dealer as they have gone out of their way to make our experience to be top notch! Love bmw Seattle. We have owned around 6-7 other bmw and always had them serviced at bmw Seattle.They kick ass and always take care of us.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Finally got word that my wife's M50 went into production today. April 13th. Actually it's early! as we were told it would be week 17.... but It was assigned a VIN code today and beginning the production phase.

View attachment 8320
View attachment 8319
  • 20" M wheels style 868M per ti
  • M Technology Package
  • Active Driving Assistant Pro
  • Extended Traffic Jam Assistant
  • Ambient Lighting
  • Heated Steering Wheel
  • Heated front seats
  • Lumbar support
  • Active Park Distance Control
  • Parking Assistant Plus
  • Rear view camera
  • Surround View w/ 3D View
  • Extended Shadowline Trim
  • M Shadowline Lights
  • BMW M 50 Years Emblems
  • Carbon Fiber Door Sill
  • Carbon Fiber trim
  • Drive Recorder
  • Harman Kardon surround sound
  • Icon Adaptive LED w/Laserlight
  • Live Cockpit Pro (incl. Navi)
  • M Carbon Exterior Package
  • Personal eSIM 5G
  • Wireless Device Charging
  • Active Protection
  • Adjustable seat width
  • Alarm System
  • Auto-dimming mirrors
  • BMW Navigation
  • CarPlay / Android Auto Compat.
  • Comfort Access keyless entry
  • Connected Package Pro
  • ConnectedDrive Services
  • Daytime driving lights
  • Decoding for no-dazzle hgh bm
  • Dual Zone Auto Climate Control
  • Leather Dashboard
  • M Sport Brakes with Red C
  • Mobility Kit
  • Passenger Lumbar Delete
  • Power Front Seats
  • SiriusXM Satellite Radio with
  • Storage package
  • Tire pressure monitor
  • Universal garage-door opener
  • iDrive Controller non-touchpad

-----Anyhow, quite excited for this!!! not sure how long we have to wait now? maybe 6more weeks or??? longer?Honestly i don't mind if its another 6+ weeks as we are doing a garage remodel and HOPING it will be done before we get this. Dravit M50 on right, and Twilight Purple M50 on left. having two BMW charge boxes, and power will come from 14 solar panels and two large battery backups. NOT tesla.... but Enphase is what we chose for our battery backup system. Since we don't do a lot of long distance, it's more than enough to offset over 100% of all the energy used by these cars and lots of extra left over for reducing our energy consumption in our home.

View attachment 8321
Congrats!

My wife’s i4 M50 got a VIN on March 31 and stayed on that status for 10days. It then went through multiple milestones in a day. All together it took 3 days once it goes into assembly to dispatched. I am told that from dispatch it may take another 6-8weeks to get delivered because of the delays in US ports - I live in Las Vegas so I’m assuming it’s going to dock in Los Angeles.
Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Car Vehicle

Tire Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Wheel Car

Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Car Vehicle

·
Registered
i4 M50 Dravit Grey ordered 1/2022
235 Posts
It is, but it’s individual.
So you must special order it. Talking to your dealer. They can call the vip of individual parts and “ok” it. But must be done before the car has a vin.

Thanks for this. My dealer is trying to tell me that Merino is not available on the MY2022 and unsure about it on the MY2023 so I am determined to get merino. If I'm dropping $80k and having to wait 9+ months to receive then I want the interior to be what i want. I am not a fan of the coated Vernasca at all and the color selections it comes in. If your dealer was willing to get it ok'd through BMW individual then my dealer can to. I want my Tartufo although I am kicking around Fiona since I'm also getting Dravit as well so excited to see pics when your wife gets her car

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for this. My dealer is trying to tell me that Merino is not available on the MY2022 and unsure about it on the MY2023 so I am determined to get merino. If I'm dropping $80k and having to wait 9+ months to receive then I want the interior to be what i want. I am not a fan of the coated Vernasca at all and the color selections it comes in. If your dealer was willing to get it ok'd through BMW individual then my dealer can to. I want my Tartufo although I am kicking around Fiona since I'm also getting Dravit as well so excited to see pics when your wife gets her car
Curious when you pre ordered your i4 if you were one of the first? As I think it depends how supply is for the merino leather too. They maybe are limited to whom can order and I know our second preorder was also super early yet I’m still not able to officially spec my second preorder. If you have already been able to get an official confirmed production date I’m assuming you also must of preordered back in June of 2021?

our first, or my wife’s was June 18th 2021 preorder. Or #15 on the list. While our second was July 25th which ended up being #32 I believe. This is in relation to the dealer we are using. Apparently the largest bmw dealer in the west coast I’m told. it was nov2021 she was able to start spec’ing her car officially. And was mid December 2021 it was given a production number…

I’m still told I cannot spec my car since the second alotment of preorders has not even been assigned!! But am told it will be very soon. Maybe a few weeks. But I must assume it’s a first come first served situation I would be shocked if they allowed others to spec their car’s out of order. For instance. We could not get any guarantee on my wife’s car for any individual options until it was assigned a production number. This is key. They will just tell you no because the answer is no. But if you have a production number than they will have more info to where you are in line and if you can have approved individual options.

for anyone who has ordered individual options before, correct me if I’m wrong about this, but it’s at least from what I understand it’s a process and fair for everyone. Unfortunately it’s limited to what parts they may have on hand. I’ve been told some of their individual options are from Ukraine so my guesses are they may not have avail some of the colors possibly? But we spec’d my wife’s car back in December 2021 when it was assigned a production number finally!! And was not until maybe January we were confirmed to get individual interior “ok’d”

however at that time they also inquired about us buying two m50’s and wanting to spec my car with twilight purple and full white merino etc… I have heard a lot of people are getting denied individual options but often find they don’t have a production number yet. I can only imagine it’s a waiting game. Maybe at this time you cannot confirm this until others in line have had a chance to spec their cars. The online tool for specs Is just a tool but I don’t think you get a production number for a while. At least this is the experience we had!!! As we played with that online config tool to get some basic specs… while later individual spec tool went live with the options for new interiors and custom colors.
but officially colors where not even an option until March of 2022 when they announced it.
May I ask? When did you pre order and when did you get your Production number? My July2021 preorder I’m patiently waiting for still :/ but still have been told I’ll be able to order and spec my car with individual options. I assume as it’s an early preorder still.

and maybe I don’t know what I’m talking about! :)

·
Registered
i4 M50 Dravit Grey ordered 1/2022
235 Posts
Curious when you pre ordered your i4 if you were one of the first? As I think it depends how supply is for the merino leather too. They maybe are limited to whom can order and I know our second preorder was also super early yet I’m still not able to officially spec my second preorder. If you have already been able to get an official confirmed production date I’m assuming you also must of preordered back in June of 2021?

our first, or my wife’s was June 18th 2021 preorder. Or #15 on the list. While our second was July 25th which ended up being #32 I believe. This is in relation to the dealer we are using. Apparently the largest bmw dealer in the west coast I’m told. it was nov2021 she was able to start spec’ing her car officially. And was mid December 2021 it was given a production number…

I’m still told I cannot spec my car since the second alotment of preorders has not even been assigned!! But am told it will be very soon. Maybe a few weeks. But I must assume it’s a first come first served situation I would be shocked if they allowed others to spec their car’s out of order. For instance. We could not get any guarantee on my wife’s car for any individual options until it was assigned a production number. This is key. They will just tell you no because the answer is no. But if you have a production number than they will have more info to where you are in line and if you can have approved individual options.

for anyone who has ordered individual options before, correct me if I’m wrong about this, but it’s at least from what I understand it’s a process and fair for everyone. Unfortunately it’s limited to what parts they may have on hand. I’ve been told some of their individual options are from Ukraine so my guesses are they may not have avail some of the colors possibly? But we spec’d my wife’s car back in December 2021 when it was assigned a production number finally!! And was not until maybe January we were confirmed to get individual interior “ok’d”

however at that time they also inquired about us buying two m50’s and wanting to spec my car with twilight purple and full white merino etc… I have heard a lot of people are getting denied individual options but often find they don’t have a production number yet. I can only imagine it’s a waiting game. Maybe at this time you cannot confirm this until others in line have had a chance to spec their cars. The online tool for specs Is just a tool but I don’t think you get a production number for a while. At least this is the experience we had!!! As we played with that online config tool to get some basic specs… while later individual spec tool went live with the options for new interiors and custom colors.
but officially colors where not even an option until March of 2022 when they announced it.
May I ask? When did you pre order and when did you get your Production number? My July2021 preorder I’m patiently waiting for still :/ but still have been told I’ll be able to order and spec my car with individual options. I assume as it’s an early preorder still.

and maybe I don’t know what I’m talking about! :)
I was not a part of the preorder group last summer, the i4 wasn't even on my radar until this January (order placed Jan 20th) My dealer did not receive any m50 preorders so when I submitted my build to them on 1/20/22 I was the first and will get their first m50 allocation so I'm only status 047 at this point. When it was posted on here that BMW individual would be available after March with Fiona, Ivory and Tartufo Merino options, I inquired about changing my interior on my build sheet. I am just not a fan of the coated leather (we have Dakota in our X3 which is equivalent to Vernasca) let alone synthetic anything in an $80k vehicle, I want real genuine supple leather! My CA who has been super wonderful to work with and reaches out to me quite frequently just to touch base came back with the standard "Merino is not available for MY2022 and not certain for MY2023. I'm guessing i will get a MY2023 since they are quoting a Q4 2022 delivery. I sent him a screen shot of your wife's build with the Fiona interior (which completely contradicted what I was told about it not being available) and I was then met with " we will try to seek approval for a BMW individual for you with the Regional VP" and that it could delay production 6-8 weeks. Honestly I am more than ok to wait another 2 months to have the interior I want. It is so frustrating to me that we cannot get the M seats here in the US like over in Europe and the M seatbelts. If we are willing to pay the upgrades we should be able to get exactly what we want.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I was not a part of the preorder group last summer, the i4 wasn't even on my radar until this January (order placed Jan 20th) My dealer did not receive any m50 preorders so when I submitted my build to them on 1/20/22 I was the first and will get their first m50 allocation so I'm only status 047 at this point. When it was posted on here that BMW individual would be available after March with Fiona, Ivory and Tartufo Merino options, I inquired about changing my interior on my build sheet. I am just not a fan of the coated leather (we have Dakota in our X3 which is equivalent to Vernasca) let alone synthetic anything in an $80k vehicle, I want real genuine supple leather! My CA who has been super wonderful to work with and reaches out to me quite frequently just to touch base came back with the standard "Merino is not available for MY2022 and not certain for MY2023. I'm guessing i will get a MY2023 since they are quoting a Q4 2022 delivery. I sent him a screen shot of your wife's build with the Fiona interior (which completely contradicted what I was told about it not being available) and I was then met with " we will try to seek approval for a BMW individual for you with the Regional VP" and that it could delay production 6-8 weeks. Honestly I am more than ok to wait another 2 months to have the interior I want. It is so frustrating to me that we cannot get the M seats here in the US like over in Europe and the M seatbelts. If we are willing to pay the upgrades we should be able to get exactly what we want.
M seats and m seat belts won’t happen. I know this. But other reasons I’m guessing. But am buying M seat belt parts to be installed by the dealer

you can put in your order for individual stuff once you get a production number otherwise they can’t do anything I believe.

·
Registered
37 Posts
M seats and m seat belts won’t happen. I know this. But other reasons I’m guessing. But am buying M seat belt parts to be installed by the dealer

you can put in your order for individual stuff once you get a production number otherwise they can’t do anything I believe.
Nice! That's a great idea on the M Seat belts. I'll add that to my list as well.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Maybe I should get the wife to throw the seat belts on her sewing machine and save some coin. Hehe
:) Funny, haha. if only. The labor of pulling the belts in and out… not sure about all that. Figuring a couple hours of labor. And parts will be hardly worth it to most… as the cost is likely 1500-2000usd for some m stripes ;)

if only bmw would allow them into the USA market but they reserved them for M cars with competition packages. Stupid imo… as Canada you can just order them. Makes me upset. And if I was in Canada I would order them without question. Lucky lucky.
you would not save a dime by having your wife sew Them… as the labor exists to remove and reinstall them and a largest part of the expense. I think they probably are like 400 can dollar option!!! And you guys get to choose Nappa leather dash!! That’s nice. We have to get individual merino leather FULL to get that option added. There is a lot of options in Canada you get that we don’t in the USA. Plus it’s much cheaper! Would love to order my car there!

·
Registered
37 Posts
:) Funny, haha. if only. The labor of pulling the belts in and out… not sure about all that. Figuring a couple hours of labor. And parts will be hardly worth it to most… as the cost is likely 1500-2000usd for some m stripes ;)

if only bmw would allow them into the USA market but they reserved them for M cars with competition packages. Stupid imo… as Canada you can just order them. Makes me upset. And if I was in Canada I would order them without question. Lucky lucky.
you would not save a dime by having your wife sew Them… as the labor exists to remove and reinstall them and a largest part of the expense. I think they probably are like 400 can dollar option!!! And you guys get to choose Nappa leather dash!! That’s nice. We have to get individual merino leather FULL to get that option added. There is a lot of options in Canada you get that we don’t in the USA. Plus it’s much cheaper! Would love to order my car there!
Whoa! It's gonna cost that much. Definitely lower on my list :)

Totally agree regarding with US being short changed with some of the options. The M Seats too and the tow hitch (not that I'd need one, but saw a video of it and it was dang cool).

1 - 20 of 129 Posts