BMW i4 Forum banner
61 - 80 of 124 Posts

Registered
In order for your salesman to get approval for Individual you need to have a production number. I have requested Merino approval and dealer has never really given me a quote as I dont have a production number yet either, he just said that they will take it to "the guy" to get approved and once Individual is approved you cant make any changes after that. There are 2 options for Merino, full (dash will match) and extended which is seats and doors only. I was quoted $5000 ADM for extended Merino on top of the extra cos which is $1500 I believe
If I get bumped to MY2023 I'm requesting full Merino Tartufo. Cognac is not longer offered as an option for MY2023 so my only option to get a lighter (not black or mocha) is go full individual.

I'm already going to be out $80k so what's another $4k. I want a car built like I want. If it's a MY2023 I already have to lose DAPP.

Waiting for my M50......

Reactions: M3HNGRY

Registered
i4 M50 Dravit Grey ordered 1/2022
If I get bumped to MY2023 I'm requesting full Merino Tartufo. Cognac is not longer offered as an option for MY2023 so my only option to get a lighter (not black or mocha) is go full individual.

I'm already going to be out $80k so what's another $4k. I want a car built like I want. If it's a MY2023 I already have to lose DAPP.

Waiting for my M50......
I dont blame you at all. Dealer was trying to talk me out of merino because I dont think he wanted to hassle with getting it approved but I'm already getting screwed out of DAPP so I'm going to demand they accept my Individual order without the additional ADM as the price has already gone up from what my build sheet was. Tartufo is a little darker and more orange than Cognac and a little nicer color IMO

Registered
I dont blame you at all. Dealer was trying to talk me out of merino because I dont think he wanted to hassle with getting it approved but I'm already getting screwed out of DAPP so I'm going to demand they accept my Individual order without the additional ADM as the price has already gone up from what my build sheet was. Tartufo is a little darker and more orange than Cognac and a little nicer color IMO
I've seen both in real life.
One of my best friends just picked up a M5 Competition with full tartufo and it's incredible.

I'll eat the $4k and provide them with an increased non-refundable deposit if an individual order scares them.

Not going to back out after waiting forever.

Waiting for my M50......

Reactions: pjbm4 and M3HNGRY

Registered
(2) 2022 i4 M50鈥檚 - one is dravit G+fiona full merino/ other is twilight P+ivory full merino,
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
Bimmer100. Thanks for snapping some quick pics! Car looks great. Can't wait to see more pics! Makes me want to change my Mineral White to Dravit Gray instead and opt for the Merino leather.

Questions (if anyone might know). I don't have have my production number yet. But was part of the pre-order back in October (2nd wave).
1. Would changing the color delay getting a production number? My client advisor says no. But I wonder if BMW builds cars in batches based on color or can they change colors from one to another without delay in their production process.

2. How much was the Merino leather options? and does it come in black? I really like the stitching pattern on it.

3. Would opting for the Merino Leather VIP Individual delay my build?
since you don鈥檛 have production number nothing is going to be set back. You can鈥檛 even ask for individual stuff til you get a production number.Once you do, it鈥檚 the time to add them!!!
The merino full leather is full upper and lower dash plus seats鈥 while extended is is just the seats鈥 would look weird IMO to not have lower red dash鈥. But the upper dash is epic with black calfskin and red stitching!!!

therebis of course blackmerino full with silver stitching and is epic looking!!!
cost is 3950usd usd for full merino. Worth every penny imo

I think normal leather is like 1500 anyhow鈥 so you only are paying about 2500 more!

it鈥檚 like buying a nice piece of furniture. And since I spend most of my time inside a car鈥 I want nice materials

And 鈥渢he guy鈥 for vip individual manufaktur VIP is actually a woman. :) she will approve it or not. But won鈥檛 be bothered without a production number

Registered
since you don鈥檛 have production number nothing is going to be set back. You can鈥檛 even ask for individual stuff til you get a production number.Once you do, it鈥檚 the time to add them!!!
The merino full leather is full upper and lower dash plus seats鈥 while extended is is just the seats鈥 would look weird IMO to not have lower red dash鈥. But the upper dash is epic with black calfskin and red stitching!!!

therebis of course blackmerino full with silver stitching and is epic looking!!!
cost is 3950usd usd for full merino. Worth every penny imo

I think normal leather is like 1500 anyhow鈥 so you only are paying about 2500 more!

it鈥檚 like buying a nice piece of furniture. And since I spend most of my time inside a car鈥 I want nice materials

And 鈥渢he guy鈥 for vip individual manufaktur VIP is actually a woman. :) she will approve it or not. But won鈥檛 be bothered without a production number
Thanks!

Registered
(2) 2022 i4 M50鈥檚 - one is dravit G+fiona full merino/ other is twilight P+ivory full merino,
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
Your dealer is strange鈥 they actually tried to talk you out of getting the car you wanted? What the hell?

Imo dealers should just be taking down orders of what the customer wants and simply make it a painless process. Selling a car with merino leather won鈥檛 be hard鈥 assuming worst case you backed out of the deal and they were stuck with the car. Not sure what your dealer is smokin :)
and double check on that price for merino...sounds way way wrong.... should be 3950 for full merino... and NOT in addition to vernasca... its in replacement of....
so I HOPE your dealer isn't trying to pull one over on you. I assume they simply don't know the pricing and are confused.

Registered
i4 M50 Dravit Grey ordered 1/2022
Your dealer is strange鈥 they actually tried to talk you out of getting the car you wanted? What the hell?

Imo dealers should just be taking down orders of what the customer wants and simply make it a painless process. Selling a car with merino leather won鈥檛 be hard鈥 assuming worst case you backed out of the deal and they were stuck with the car. Not sure what your dealer is smokin :)
and double check on that price for merino...sounds way way wrong.... should be 3950 for full merino... and NOT in addition to vernasca... its in replacement of....
so I HOPE your dealer isn't trying to pull one over on you. I assume they simply don't know the pricing and are confused.
Money talks lol. I鈥檓 sure the fact that you dropped damn near 200k on both you and your wife鈥檚 m50鈥檚 helped to get you cars built exactly the way you want them. My dealer is not a high volume dealer and they don鈥檛 get many people walking in wanting Individual so it鈥檚 just a matter of not being familiar with the protocol. Dealer already told me that they would get individual approved but I think they are nervous about getting stuck with a car if I back out. I will get my individual at No additional ADM

Registered
Money talks lol. I鈥檓 sure the fact that you dropped damn near 200k on both you and your wife鈥檚 m50鈥檚 helped to get you cars built exactly the way you want them. My dealer is not a high volume dealer and they don鈥檛 get many people walking in wanting Individual so it鈥檚 just a matter of not being familiar with the protocol. Dealer already told me that they would get individual approved but I think they are nervous about getting stuck with a car if I back out. I will get my individual at No additional ADM
Individual options are positive and make the care much more desirable. But maybe they plan to sell base model edrive40鈥檚 in your area. No idea where you are from鈥
I made mistake buying from seattle as this dealer is stupid busy and has close to 200 orders for the i4 now.

but this dealer always has Multiple individual spec鈥檇 cars on the showroom as it鈥檚 just so common and desirable.

i regret not buying the recent 2022 m3 competition xdrive in twilight purple with Tartufo interior.

honestly I want to switch exclusively to electric but I鈥檓 so upset about DAPP missing that I don鈥檛 want to drop nearly 100K on a car that isn鈥檛 spec鈥檇 as I wanted it back in 2021. I had been patiently waiting for this car for multiple years! Really my dream car. And for bmw to mistreat and forget about preorders while selling all these cars to custkmers world wide and using up parts for things like DAPP and trunk auto assist (kick under bumper to open trunk鈥) is also deleted!!! ----------------, I use this feature ever damn day and for my car to not have it is crazy for me to blow a 100K on a car that does not do what I wanted it to do.
DAPP is one of the top 3 features I wanted as I like to do road trips and this feature is amazing to have.
Sure鈥 first world problems.

but I鈥檓 a bmw enthusiast and hardcore about this car. I paid 1500 down back in June for my wife鈥檚 and July for mine. But kicking myself for not ordering my car first鈥 (cough) ladies first鈥 (cough)
Anyhow, it鈥檚 more like my wife said or responded to my first preorder鈥 鈥渙h awesome! This one is mine, get your own preorder鈥︹ haha

I never actually planned to get two m50鈥檚 but oh well. We decided to go full on electric. And upgraded our garage as well. Specifically for these two i4鈥檚. 14 panels of solar, two 10kw battery backups and two bmw chargers, custom floors, custom radiated heat, slat walls, steel cabinetry, led lighting and more.

I just hope my preorder will be a my2022 and they will honor the DAPP. I believe bmw should have fairly dealt with orders in the literal order they received them!!! But they clearly did not!! And prices have gone up!!!
i hate it when people complain but feel this is justified considering how planned I鈥檝e been with this purchase. I never expected to wait well over a year for my car when lots of others in this world walk into a dealer in 2022 and get their car in 6months equipped as they want it. Or even 8-9months is stupidfast when comparing to what I鈥檓 having to have to wait.

friday I have my fingers crossed. Still want a twilight purple m50 with full merino ivory white. I already have the 20鈥 nightgold wheels with MPS4S tires. And also have the carbon fiber m performance front lip spoilers , carbon antenna, and carbon diffuser for both cars!! All M performance accessories purchased ahead of time!

also have crystal shifters,crystal start buttons, crystal idrive wheel and crystal volume control.

If I cancel my order for m50, I鈥檒l just reorder and wait til 2024 for a spec鈥檇 model I want!!! And just get whatever base model m50 to drive around in the mean time鈥 just will get something like dravit grey with mocha interior or something. Or sanremo with mocha.
downside to this is not having the true 50th anniv option on a 2024 model etc鈥 ------------------. /rant

Edit Mod: Bad language

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Synthetic rubber Tread

Registered
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
We are working on it all week鈥 doing full car wrap with xpel ultimate fusion (ceramic infused ppf)
Also special black gloss ppf for roof鈥
And gtechniq for carpets, plastics and wheels.
lastly installing m performance front lip spoiler and roof antenna in carbon fiber. Lastly some spacers for front and rear wheels to get stance perfect. And some mudflaps from tommyL garage.

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

Registered
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
Im confused. 2023 does now come with DAPP, right? Or am I mixing up my acronyms鈥.active driving?
Correct, but for a moment鈥 bmw screwed up and said no m50 or edrive40 could have DAPP鈥 some people even cancelled their orders but a week or so later bmw updated pricing guide to show that only m50鈥檚 can get it now鈥

Registered
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
Anyone interested in some glass screen protectors for the i4 display) my contact in China has made these and getting only 20 pieces @20usd plus ship.

Registered
2022 Tesla Model 3 - for now
I'm hoping that Spigen will release those for the i4. They have a system for installation that works great.

They've made them for a bunch of Mercedes, Teslas and Polestar, so it's not impossible.

Reactions: M3HNGRY

Registered
Discussion Starter · #75 ·
Sure maybe they will. I鈥檓 just not going to wait for them. I鈥檓 happy to use the glass protector with silicone adhesive that won鈥檛 damage screens. And installation is pretty straight forward imo.
I had ordered 20 piece and will keep maybe 6 of them for my wife鈥檚 m50 and my m50

btw鈥 today I confirmed my order for my twilight purple m50 with full ivory merino leather interior, 50th badges, carbon sill plates, DAPP and trunk assist. No missing items other than passenger lumbar Delete and idrive touch pad delete鈥

only issue now is that I want blue calipers and have to make a special request to Germany for this. As now red calipers are standard when choosing shadowline package I believe. Anyhow鈥aybe it鈥檚 a glitch in ordering but this is my only hang up.
Hope to know by tomorrow or Saturday.

Registered
Anyone interested in some glass screen protectors for the i4 display) my contact in China has made these and getting only 20 pieces @20usd plus ship.
I鈥檓 down

Registered
I'm interested

Waiting for my M50......

Registered
Are they anti-glare?

Registered
2022 Tesla Model 3 - for now
Also, I'd be interested in one?

61 - 80 of 124 Posts