BMW i4 Forum banner
81 - 100 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
(2) 2022 i4 M50’s - one is dravit G+fiona full merino/ other is twilight P+ivory full merino,
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #81 ·
I will find out more when I get them but pretty sure they are standard tempered glass. But will double check.
personally I love these type of screen protectors for my phone. As the adhesive does not require wet application… I’m not about to spray my i4 with wet application!! Hah dry fit is the only way imo.
I am buying a minimum order of these from a supplier and these are pretty large piece of glass!! And will test fit them first but the curve should not be a problem as the glass is designed to be flexible. But you still need to be careful as this i4 screw will be moderately difficult compared to doing a cell phone screen! I shouldn’t have to explain this!! The i4 screen speaks for itself but know most of us will want good protection! And there is only on other screen protector I’ve found and it’s tpu based and wet application!!! Not interested imo.

I need to get some shipping materials for these as I’ll need to sandwich this between some stiff cardboard. I bought these in bulk, otherwise they would cost a whole lot more! But once I add up my expense I’ll let those know who are interested. Not trying to make money on these. It’s more of a group buy! As I don’t need all 20 pieces!! But had to order them And figure that those i4 forum members in the USA can benefit and pick up some of these.
Once I get them , I’ll post some photos and share with those who are interested.

·
Registered
(2) 2022 i4 M50’s - one is dravit G+fiona full merino/ other is twilight P+ivory full merino,
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #82 ·
Got some more items on my wife’s m50
And looking better each day.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Hood

Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design

Automotive parking light Vehicle Tire Wheel Hood

Vehicle Car Grille Automotive lighting Hood

Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle

Hood Automotive design Motor vehicle Automotive exterior Flooring

Tire Wheel Grille Vehicle Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Car

The antenna is off now, was very tricky to remove. Using the bmw official tool, string, tape etc…
Will be wrapping the roof with gloss block flexiShield ppf film, then replacing antenna with the carbon fiber Mperformance antenna.
Will be close to done with her car soon… maybe Tuesday. Then can take some proper photos and actually drive the car!

·
Registered
i4 eDrive 40; 2021 Audi e-Tron Sportback
1,789 Posts
Considering some say that wraps cut down a bit of the original paint’s gloss, giving it a bit more of a ‘satiny’ look, I’d be curious to see ’before & after‘ shots under exactly the same lighting.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #84 ·
This photo was when only the hood, bumper and fenders were covered. Still didn’t have the doors, rockers, rear quarters, trunk and rear bumper /diffuser. The fusion film is very close to the factory clear coat. It’s just as clear and does not add any haze that’s for sure. It does have a very small difference in orange peel than the factory paint but is very hard to see.
Tire Car Wheel Vehicle Hood

on another note, we finally went on a drive with it last night and had some fun.

Car Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood Wheel

Vehicle Land vehicle Car Wheel Automotive lighting

·
Registered
14 Posts
That car is gorgeous - so close in spec I'm looking at...when I eventually get an allocation. If you have any more photos of the rear, I'd love to see more of how all that carbon fiber looks with the Dravit!

·
Registered
550 Posts
How different would you say the M performance carbon fiber is from the carbon fiber in the carbon fiber package.

I was reluctant to add the package because the 2 carbon fiber patterns may have been so different that they would clash.
BMW uses a 2x2 twill weave on every exterior CF piece that they make. All OEM pieces will match each other.

You may see variances in finish and texture with aftermarket CF parts added to OEM kits, but not in twill weave as long as it is 2x2.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Sure maybe they will. I’m just not going to wait for them. I’m happy to use the glass protector with silicone adhesive that won’t damage screens. And installation is pretty straight forward imo.
I had ordered 20 piece and will keep maybe 6 of them for my wife’s m50 and my m50

btw… today I confirmed my order for my twilight purple m50 with full ivory merino leather interior, 50th badges, carbon sill plates, DAPP and trunk assist. No missing items other than passenger lumbar Delete and idrive touch pad delete…

only issue now is that I want blue calipers and have to make a special request to Germany for this. As now red calipers are standard when choosing shadowline package I believe. Anyhow…maybe it’s a glitch in ordering but this is my only hang up.
Hope to know by tomorrow or Saturday.
You were able to get the handsfree kick to open the trunk? If so how if you don't mind me asking. I thought they removed that from all cars.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #91 ·
How different would you say the M performance carbon fiber is from the carbon fiber in the carbon fiber package.

I was reluctant to add the package because the 2 carbon fiber patterns may have been so different that they would clash.
They match flawlessly

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #92 ·
You were able to get the handsfree kick to open the trunk? If so how if you don't mind me asking. I thought they removed that from all cars.
Ours was in the early production which still had them. So I guess we were lucky

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #94 ·
Random Q that I've wanted to ask someone with the m performance lip - any idea what the ground clearance at the front of the lip it?
Honestly these m50’s are pretty high off the ground already, this lip isn’t very large. Maybe another 1.25” lower with it installed but still easy to go over speed bumps and such. My 2014 435i coupe was lower than this and didn’t have issues with it really.

i can measure and get back to you.

but fwiw.. the fitment of the Mperformance lip Is absolutely superb.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Nice! I've seen people talking about the low ground clearance in the specs, but the front and back didn't look like they came anywhere close to that. My driveway has some slope - enough that lowered cars have to come in at an angle - so I'm nervous I'll install the lip and immediately scrape it. That would be the worst.

And the lip looks amazing. Your pictures helped move it from my 'nice to have' list to the 'must have' list. Did you get it through your dealer or somewhere else?

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #96 ·
Nice! I've seen people talking about the low ground clearance in the specs, but the front and back didn't look like they came anywhere close to that. My driveway has some slope - enough that lowered cars have to come in at an angle - so I'm nervous I'll install the lip and immediately scrape it. That would be the worst.

And the lip looks amazing. Your pictures helped move it from my 'nice to have' list to the 'must have' list. Did you get it through your dealer or somewhere else?
I got one of sets of m perf from my dealer, and the other set for my car through getbmwparts

As I am doing this to two i4 m50’s all loaded up with all the goodies etc.
Mine will hopefully arrive in a few months… twilight purple with full merino ivory interior. All the same upgrades as my wife’s dravit grey m50

and we may end up trading cars once in a while. I love the dravit grey!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #97 ·
Also I added slipLo bumper scrape guard protection under the lip. To prevent damage but since the mperformance lip is vented I don’t think it will be ideal to use slipLo as if it were solid underneath.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #98 ·
For those who are reading this… still trying to confirm the best way to do the Crystal shifter, Crystal I drive knob install. I want to talk to someone who has successfully done this install. And hopefully get some tips. I’m a bit hesitant to do it still. There are guides for the ice cars but none for thr i4 yet…
I don’t want to risk damaging anything. Seems the safest way is to remove the shift console but that seems like a lot of labor.
has anyone on the forum successfully installed the Crystal shifter and I drive knob with success?

·
Registered
2022 Tesla Model 3 - for now
864 Posts
For those who are reading this… still trying to confirm the best way to do the Crystal shifter, Crystal I drive knob install. I want to talk to someone who has successfully done this install. And hopefully get some tips. I’m a bit hesitant to do it still. There are guides for the ice cars but none for thr i4 yet…
I don’t want to risk damaging anything. Seems the safest way is to remove the shift console but that seems like a lot of labor.
has anyone on the forum successfully installed the Crystal shifter and I drive knob with success?
People have definitely switched the blue shifter for one for an ICE 4GC, maybe that thread would be helpful?

·
Registered
117 Posts
I got one of sets of m perf from my dealer, and the other set for my car through getbmwparts

As I am doing this to two i4 m50’s all loaded up with all the goodies etc.
Mine will hopefully arrive in a few months… twilight purple with full merino ivory interior. All the same upgrades as my wife’s dravit grey m50

and we may end up trading cars once in a while. I love the dravit grey!
Have you submitted the order for Twilight Purple? or waiting for production number then submitting the custom order? Can't wait to see it once you get it :D

81 - 100 of 124 Posts