BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had car now for less than a week and am still learning the functions. One thing I see in the app is a section called My Trips and it claims to show trip statistics, but it remains blank. Is there a way that the app tracks my driving? For example, I drove 100+ miles to/from NYC in each the last two days and brought my charge down from 100% to 22%. It would be great if I could be more precise with the driving, and it looks like the app can track it. Am I missing something?

·
Registered
52 Posts
I have had car now for less than a week and am still learning the functions. One thing I see in the app is a section called My Trips and it claims to show trip statistics, but it remains blank. Is there a way that the app tracks my driving? For example, I drove 100+ miles to/from NYC in each the last two days and brought my charge down from 100% to 22%. It would be great if I could be more precise with the driving, and it looks like the app can track it. Am I missing something?
I received some instructions in my app when this was added.

1. In your car you need to go to the vehicle settings and select update apps.
That will add the vehicle side of "my trips".

2. Then you need to re-select the opt-in to everything under Data Privacy to enable "my trips” data to flow to the app.

• Helpful
Reactions: dudenjen

·
Registered
34 Posts
For me, it took a few days to show up in the car after I had allowed the collection of statistics. The car will show a new pop up that tells you there's a new agreement or something similar, and then after you accept that, it will be enabled in the app. Until that happened, the My BMW app didn't think it was enabled in the car.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
At my dealer's suggestion, I called the Genius line. All I have no succeeded in doing is delinking my car to my app. For whatever reason, app comes up without any cars, I needed to reset my pin as well. Genius thinks I was using a different email before but he is wrong.

I am now in limbo and cannot get a genius on the line.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
At my dealer's suggestion, I called the Genius line. All I have no succeeded in doing is delinking my car to my app. For whatever reason, app comes up without any cars, I needed to reset my pin as well. Genius thinks I was using a different email before but he is wrong.

I am now in limbo and cannot get a genius on the line.
Took about 5 hours but I got my connectivity back. Still no My Trips data but I will give it a few days to refresh

·
Registered
BMW i4 eDrive40 - 08/2022 - Tanzanite Blue - Sensatec Cognac
230 Posts
I believe it’s active- see photo from my screen
You need to update all apps (The apps!!! not map data or remote SW update!). Then this dialog will look slightly different so you can select to track trip data

1 - 9 of 9 Posts