BMW i4 Forum banner

NAF/Motor (in Norway) Summer range test June 1st, 30 cars including i4M50

5K views 24 replies 10 participants last post by  Magicrat 
#1 ·
Will be interesting to see what kind of tires it will run on.

#6 ·

Google translate

We test this:

The actual range of the BMW i4 M50.
What happens when the car goes into power save mode.
We have tested the car in winter and will test it again in the summer.

Range in summer

BMW states the WLTP range of the i4 M50 from 416 to 521 kilometers depending on the level of equipment you choose. The battery pack is stated to be 80.7 kWt net - that is, what you have available while driving.

Our test model is of the Supercharged equipment level with a WLTP range of 497 kilometers and a WLTP consumption of 19 kWt / 100 kilometers. It is equipped with Michelin Pilot Sport 4 tires with the tire dimensions 245/40 R19 front and rear.

Follow the test LIVE on Facebook June 1st and 2nd.

#7 · (Edited)
Results / status :

Not optimal conditions 14 degrees and some rain

Font Line Screenshot Number Rectangle

Font Number Screenshot Circle

#9 ·
I'm trying to understand how they tested it. Sooo if I got that right, the chart means:

i4 eDrive40, with 565km of range has got 63km of range left after 500km driving, which would mean around 563km of range and therefore pretty much getting to WLTP range.
i4 M50, with 497km of range has got 2km of range left after 500km driving, which would mean around 502km of range and therefore even exceeding WLTP range

Why would they not drive until they die? And why not go 550km with the eDrive40, as it would've made it?
Still .... the result is honestly super amazing, especially as besides the i4 and iX only the Model Y and the polestar have reached their given ranges.

#11 ·
i4 40 - Fully charged, package :

Innovation package:
  • Driving assistant
  • Laser light
  • M-Sport
  • BMW Live Cockpit Professional
  • Head-Up Display, Active Cruise Control
  • Sun-protected routes
  • Comfort Access
  • Metallic paint

i4 M50 - Supercharged package :
Everything from "Fully Charged" and :
Driving Assistant Professional
  • Leather seats
  • Dashboard in leather
  • Rear seat heating
  • Harman Kardon sound system
  • Electric seat adjustment with storage
  • Sunroof

#19 ·
The first 350 km,
From 6 meters above sealevel - to 1049.
From 15 - 7 degrees celsius.
i4 40, consumption : 14,8
i4M50, consumption : 17,1

earlier at 196 meters above / at 250KM
i4 40, 14.1
i4M50, 16.2
so don't drive heavy cars when going to the mountains
Well… I live at 5400’ (1650m) and I work at Copper Mountain at 9,600’ (3000m), so my i4 M50 (if I ever get it!) will be a heavy car in the mountains! Of course, mountains mean downgrades which helps the range, too, right? ;)

Reactions: i4m50Norway
#13 · (Edited)
Final result :
Font Number Screenshot

The only cars beating the i4 40 is the Mercedes EQS, but for the price of EQS you can buy two i4 40.

The reason for the "bad" EQS result could be that they dont have a heat pump. In the Bjørn Nyland test of the EQS he did comment about "extreeme" consumption when it was cold (today it was down to 7 degrees)

#14 · (Edited)
Final result :
View attachment 10219

The only cars beating the i4 40 is the Mercedes EQS, but for the price of EQS you can by two i4 40,
wow those results are excellent!! Thank you so much for sharing!

Edit: for those that don't know the conversion that is 323 miles in a i4 m50 or 362 miles on the i4 edrive 40... that is outstanding

#17 ·
Relative to US EPA Range: M50 (+19.6%, 53mi) eDrive40 (+20.2%, 61mi)... I am impressed!

Edit: Also FYI the M50 was on 19" wheels the edrive40 was on 18" wheels which pretty much falls right in line with Edmunds range test on the M50 with 20" wheels showing a 18% improvement on US EPA range (link)

Reactions: Ken7
#25 ·
Also Tom, was able to get 500 miles out of the Lucid Air with this test. 500 miles on one charge at 70mph!!!! Incredible.......of course the car cost $130,000 USD.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.