BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

Registered
This guy knows what he鈥檚 talking about when it comes to EVs, so this is really positive review IMO.

Registered
I've been waiting for this guy to do this. He does a lot of range and recharge testing in real road trips. Thanks for sharing!

Super Moderator
Have you noticed when he got in the back of the car and said there's plenty of legroom, even though he was 6'1?
And then he got in the front and moved the seat back- and downward for at least 2-3 inches... So, I don't think there would still be enough legroom, even for a short guy like myself. So, bad info, or as Trump would say "fake news!"

I said it before in one of my postings: it's only a 2 seater when you're tall...

Registered
And he is a BMW fan, so it鈥檚 good to hear he enjoyed the way it drives.
Note that he set the DSC to off for it to become agile in tight corners, otherwise BMW seems to cutoff the power whenever the steering is not straight ahead. I wonder whether it is a "US special setting" or it's the same everywhere, first time I hear about it.

Registered
Note that he set the DSC to off for it to become agile in tight corners, otherwise BMW seems to cutoff the power whenever the steering is not straight ahead. I wonder whether it is a "US special setting" or it's the same everywhere, first time I hear about it.
Someone on here mentioned it when they did a test drive a few weeks back. One of our UK members, so it鈥檚 not just a US setting

Registered
Have you noticed when he got in the back of the car and said there's plenty of legroom, even though he was 6'1?
And then he got in the front and moved the seat back- and downward for at least 2-3 inches... So, I don't think there would still be enough legroom, even for a short guy like myself. So, bad info, or as Trump would say "fake news!"

I said it before in one of my postings: it's only a 2 seater when you're tall...
I'm 6'4, and when testing a 4 GC, I first set my driving position in front. Then went to the backseat, and was barely able to squeeze myself in there. It was in no way comfortable, and impossible for longer trips for sure
BUT, in my current car I'm not even able to close the rear door when sitting behind my driving position, as my knees are on both sides of the driver seat. We were still able to do a 1600 km ski trip with 4 adults onboard. The guy behind me said it was perfectly alright back there. Naturally he was of less challenging height 馃榿

The I4 backseat felt pretty equally cramped, so I would say that even with tall driver, there should be enough space for shorter passengers.

Super Moderator
I think a lot depends on how much you put the seat downwards, not so much back but down. Because it is not only the legs that need some room but also the feet. And the further the seat is down, the less space there is for the feet...

Registered

We must also remember that BMW must take into account that the vast majority have never driven a car with more than 200hp and 300 nm. They do not have the skills to handle the brutal forces this car has and would quickly go straight into the ditch had not BMW made the DSC the way they have;). Think how sad it would have been to see all those M50`s in the ditch馃槶馃槣. I think it's a good choice.... other can only turn it off if we want to have some fun 馃ぉ馃槑馃榿

Registered
Last week went to the dealer especially for testing back room .
He has a 4Gc with M sport setas on stock.I'm 5 feet 10 inches and with my perfect driving position ,there was enough space in the back for me to sit comfortably.But this was a 4GC not the I4 if the I4 will have the backseat higher will be at the limit for me to not touch the roof.I'm convinced that with the normal seats it will be a little more space available but not in hight.

Registered
I think a lot depends on how much you put the seat downwards, not so much back but down. Because it is not only the legs that need some room but also the feet. And the further the seat is down, the less space there is for the feet...
But then again, if the seat is high, tall people run short of headroom. My boss is 6'7", it is painful but kind of funny to see him try to squeeze himself into an airline seat for those few times he could not get an upgrade to business class or given an exit aisle seat by a charitable flight attendant.

Registered
i4 M50
i really do like this review. @BullMarketSupportBand thanks for sharing. Someone else has shared also another review from Supercar Blondie. Seems that each new review brings some more info about settings, drive experience so on so forth. Finally once I will get my test drive and I did booked a car for 2 days :sneaky: I will spend half of this time playing with options and testing how car is reacting to changes... I am very interested in all apps, additions to BMW key so on... Can't really wait to get my hands on the driving wheel... Too much Tesla all over the place :devilish:

Registered
Kona EV, 335i convertible, K1600b mc
I had a test drive of an M50 yesterday. I'm 5' 10", set the drivers seat as I wanted it, then got in the back. I found the space in the back absolutely fine, both height and leg room were ample.
Hey, if your okay driving back there, that's all that matters. Hehe
Congrats on a drive.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts