BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
902 Posts
She's always so enthusiastic, bubbly and fun! I quite like the soundtrack from the exterior of the car though, gives you the perspective of the people that will see you drive by and ask "What was that?", especially in backwards in time Texas.

·
Registered
210 Posts
What do you expect when a bunch of men (there are a few women in this forum but they are not very active) are bored to death waiting for a car to be delivered in 9 months (yeah - it's deliberate) and gather around to talk thrash? :ROFLMAO:
Its always nice when the presenter is as much a pleasure to look at, as listen to.

·
Registered
Kona EV, 335i convertible, K1600b mc
434 Posts
She's always so enthusiastic, bubbly and fun! I quite like the soundtrack from the exterior of the car though, gives you the perspective of the people that will see you drive by and ask "What was that?", especially in backwards in time Texas.
I mute her
It does look like , she has put on weight since the holidays lol

·
Registered
434 Posts
Cool...finally seen someone use the foot trunk release . Woohoo.
Wanna see someone recording your reversing record feature specific to certain driveways or parking spots.

·
Registered
i4 M50
22 Posts
That was such a rubbish video. One of the worst reviews I’ve ever seen. Actually put me off the car. 🤢🤮
I have seen so many of i4 reviews, so this one was refreshing... I have finally seen a little bit of real use of the car options such as kick the trunk or reverse assistant. Still would love to see a little bit more ex. professional driving assistance... All BMW materials are shown for iX only or 7 is used as an example. I hope that 440i that I will get for a weekend will be at least a little bit similar.

·
Registered
457 Posts
When she uses the reverse assistant, the steering wheel lights up and the eye sensors are on.

does this mean that we need the driving assistant professional to use this feature ? I haven't specced that, only parking assistant plus, driving assistant and stop and go with ACC. But these packages dosent come with the light indicators on the steering wheel

Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Steering wheel Steering part

·
Registered
434 Posts
When she uses the reverse assistant, the steering wheel lights up and the eye sensors are on.

does this mean that we need the driving assistant professional to use this feature ? I haven't specced that, only parking assistant plus, driving assistant and stop and go with ACC. But these packages dosent come with the light indicators on the steering wheel

View attachment 4946
Good question, that's why I took the premium enhanced package cuz I didn't want it crippled by the tech features available.
I think with the US configurator and its a LA carte options , one might be surprised it's missing features.
Grant it, most of us here know, what we really need for each tech to work but I can guarantee not all sales agents fully understand the whole dynamics of the car and it has been observed in dealer reviews we have seen.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Good question, that's why I took the premium enhanced package cuz I didn't want it crippled by the tech features available.
I think with the US configurator and its a LA carte options , one might be surprised it's missing features.
Grant it, most of us here know, what we really need for each tech to work but I can guarantee not all sales agents fully understand the whole dynamics of the car and it has been observed in dealer reviews we have seen.

When checking the configurator (both the Danish and the German) it says the following for the parking assistant plus:

"If you have driven a way forward while manoeuvring, the reversing assistant records this route up to 50 m so that you can reverse the same way if you wish."

So I hope the feature will be there.

EDIT: This guy has a 3 series without driving assistant pro, and it still does the reverse (y)

·
Registered
434 Posts
When checking the configurator (both the Danish and the German) it says the following for the parking assistant plus:

"If you have driven a way forward while manoeuvring, the reversing assistant records this route up to 50 m so that you can reverse the same way if you wish."

So I hope the feature will be there.

EDIT: This guy has a 3 series without driving assistant pro, and it still does the reverse (y)
Thanks
Well my understanding of it. Let's say you have assigned parking space in a parking area, you can then save a preset and when you reach a certain spot, you then can enable the preset and it will then back itself in, to that specific spot as it was previously recorded.
Hope that makes sense.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Thanks
Well my understanding of it. Let's say you have assigned parking space in a parking area, you can then save a preset and when you reach a certain spot, you then can enable the preset and it will then back itself in, to that specific spot as it was previously recorded.
Hope that makes sense.
Yes saw the demo of that on the iX. So it should also be part of the parking assistant plus package. Awesome feature when your daily parking is in a tight underground parking lot like mine.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Yes saw the demo of that on the iX. So it should also be part of the parking assistant plus package. Awesome feature when your daily parking is in a tight underground parking lot like mine.
And then I read this pdf which mentions the following for the iX:

Coming in 2022 (From 03/22):

Parking Assist Professional
Maneuver Assistant

With our luck (no AR and no digital key plus) I will not be surprised if the i4 dosent get this Maneuver feature....

·
Registered
2 Posts
No one wants to take their phone out and tap it on the door handle. BMW needs to up its digital key game like Tesla/Ford/Polestar have.

·
Registered
157 Posts
No one wants to take their phone out and tap it on the door handle. BMW needs to up its digital key game like Tesla/Ford/Polestar have.
BMW has it - it just looks like they forgot to put it in i4 while putting it not only in iX but also in new 2AT

1 - 20 of 22 Posts