BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...as always the story, I've been lurking for a while doing 'research' on the i4 (here on this site, as well as other places)

I've finally decided, back on May 28th, to stop by Checkered Flag BMW in Va. Beach. and drop a deposit for an I4 M50 dressed in mineral white. (all options, except for the sound system upgrade, phone wireless phone charging dock, eSIM 5G, and tire package. I want 19 inch wheels) Do I really need those upgraded brakes? How much better are they?

I was quoted for a delivery time around December 2022/ Jan. Feb. ish 2023. But of course. .. reading through a few of the threads here I know that probably won't happen. So I'm just gonna try an' be patient and expect no less than 500 days for delivery so that my hopes and dreams aren't crushed lol. But, because of this, I'm sure I'll have to respec everything on my order (2022) when the time comes, as it will more than likely end up being a 2023. Any idea when BMW will update their build a model thing on bmwusa.com for I4s to 2023? It seems like it could be any day now. This will be my first BMW! From what I've been reading, a 2023 with my spec will have red calipers standard. Maybe I'm wrong. I initially chose blue calipers which are standard and no charge. Will I have to pay extra on the 2023 build to keep my blue? I'm a bit confused.

My first choice in color was dravit grey, but because I can't find one to look at in person (just pictures), I chose to go with my 2nd favorite color.. Mineral WHITE! just to be on the safe side.

I keep seeing Hyundai Sonatas with a similar looking grey driving around. I think it's called hampton grey. I wonder to myself, if this is how dravit looks in person.

Any i4talk team members in the 757 area of Virginia with a dravit grey anything mind if I swing by check and check it out? ;-) preferably on a sunny day. I'm afraid my dravit gray would look as if there's pollen on it when it's sunny! It's nothing like that right? :cool:

Registered
2022 Tesla Model 3 - for now
Oh, it's definitely not going to be a 2022. The model year switchover is far too close for that to be a possibility if you're not already at 150.

Personally, after 20 years in the Navy, I was in no mood for anything even remotely near haze gray, machinery gray or deck gray. Between Skyscraper, Brooklyn and Dravit, you'd think that BMW was assembling warships, not cars.
馃檭

Registered
I'm in the 804 and saw a Dravit Grey 4-series GC in person (regular ICE 4-series). The color is very nice - dark grey with a good bit of gold flake in it - looks gold sometimes, brown sometimes, grey sometimes.

I went with an M50 in San Remo Green with the Cognac (tan) interior.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts