BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

· Registered
2022 i4 eDrive40, Skyscraper Gray, DAPP, PAP, Laserlight, Drive Recorder, eSIM Harmon Kardon
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reactions: MzTeaze

· Registered
2022 i4M50 M-Enhanced
26 Posts
Is remote parking available for the i4? I thought it was just other models

· Registered
eDrive40 M Sport, 19", Tanzanite Blue II Metallic, Tech+, Comfort +, Visibility pack, Vernasca
80 Posts
Is remote parking available for the i4? I thought it was just other models
It doesn't really say. Some assume this is the 2022/11 update (that my car came with), but I feel it is not, as BMW quite clearly state "At the beginning of the year, the BMW Group is once again updating the software in its vehicles with BMW iDrive Operating System 7 and 8"

To me this means a new update for 2023, and would be a later update than the 2022/11 update. I'm waiting with baited breath, to see what updates my i4 gets, when this rolls out :)

I really do hope we get remote parking. I can't see myself using it a great deal, but that's not the point, I'd like my car to have all the options and tech it can, and I can't see why it's not possible on the i4, as the car can kind of park itself via the Parking Assistant, but now the human is in control via the app, rather than the brake.

· Registered
328 Posts
Parking manoeuvres on offer will be those previously recorded by the car and forward or backward moves within a 6 m (~20 ft) radius.
So a little like backup assistance but from outside of the car. Not sure if I'll trust it, given how it wants to go full throttle in the backup assist mode 😄

· Registered
380 Posts
I'm pretty sure this "article" is referencing the latest update not the upcoming update.

· Registered
380 Posts

· Registered
i4 M50, high executive, laser lights, park pro
20 Posts
I did miss that. Does it show the software version anywhere? Tried finding, but could not.
It doesn't, but the info overlaps with some other stuff I've heard elsewhere (for example the mention of activation of the digital key by passcode) - I don't remember if that was part of the last update. The self-parking stuff I haven't seen elsewhere before, but that could also very well be for the i7 or iX only. I'd be surprised but happy if we get it.

· Registered
380 Posts
It doesn't, but the info overlaps with some other stuff I've heard elsewhere (for example the mention of activation of the digital key by passcode) - I don't remember if that was part of the last update. The self-parking stuff I haven't seen elsewhere before, but that could also very well be for the i7 or iX only. I'd be surprised but happy if we get it.
As I reread the features I actually think i was wrong earlier. These do seem to be new features.

Having PAPP should make it possible to activate via remote control so maybe. Not something I'd ever use though.

· Premium Member
Temp iX xDrive 40 garden shed
74 Posts
The remote parking is in the 11/2022 update release notes I found on the UK BMW site, only not specific on what model etc.

Attachments

· Registered
380 Posts
The remote parking is in the 11/2022 update release notes I found on the UK BMW site, only not specific on what model etc.
Your attachment shows most of the features from the bmw link, but it says version 11/22 not 11/44 hmmmm. The 11/44 release notes do mention setting up digital key without the physical key, but none of the other features.

· Premium Member
Temp iX xDrive 40 garden shed
74 Posts
You are referring to a specific point release? BMW OTA update announcements are month and year labelt. (Or Year Month) My temp IX was from factory 11/2022.30 and got OTA 11/2022.44

· Registered
954 Posts
The remote parking stuff can be handy if other cars have parked really close to you, or there's a giant rain puddle. Being able to remotely move the car back a few feet can be very handy! I used it on my tesla a few times, mainly to avoid stepping in huge puddles that were created while I was in a store, etc.

· Registered
380 Posts
You are referring to a specific point release? BMW OTA update announcements are month and year labelt. (Or Year Month) My temp IX was from factory 11/2022.30 and got OTA 11/2022.44
Well then I'm completely confused. They have release notes from November and a press release in January outlining the same features.

· Registered
438 Posts
IM missing something here. remote control parking??? why? I mean if you are in the car just park it. I mean why would you drive somewhere then get out of the car and then stand there and remote park it? remote summon yes that i get but remote parking? I dont understand the point. to me this is kind of like those blue tooth microwaves i saw... why? you got to get up to put the food in the microwave and then what go sit back down and start it up from an app? why you were just there at the buttons. whats next wifi water hoses?

· Registered
2022 Alpine White i4 edrive40 Sport
203 Posts
Yeah it's clearly 11/2022 in my mind. It was never officially announced, and people only started seeing 11/2022 in their cars "unofficially" because they were visiting their dealers before January 2023.

They also announced 7/2022 only in September/October, even though some people (me included) got it via the dealer in July and August.

Seems like the i4 didn't get many new features this time.

· Registered
BMW i4 M50
290 Posts
I came across Reverse Assistant in my car the other day, took me by surprise as it turned the steering wheel.....I didn't think I had any of that stuff, I'm pretty sure i'm on the latest software. Anyway cancelled it and made a note to work out what it was and disable it.....

Reactions: Squirrel1974
1 - 20 of 30 Posts