BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
M50 San Remo Green Fiona Red/Black Extended Merino 15000km driven
301 Posts
This new light by the doors/sides are now more of a welcome light/outside ambient light, as it does not require the door to be opened anymore.
Wonder if it stays on at low speeds or if that can be programed somehow.
Looks pretty good on the ix3, the ground conditions in the pic here with stones and grass does not do it justice to be honest. 😄

·
Registered
323 Posts
We ordered ours with the Laser lights but the dealer couldn't show them to us in action. I'm really hoping they aren't a cold blue color but he assured me they wouldn't be and are in fact warmer than the LED lights. I can't stand sickly blue headlights and contrary to popular belief, think they're worse for penetrating the darkness and cause more eye stain.

·
Registered
BMW's i4 M50, 640 F13, X3 G01
391 Posts
We ordered ours with the Laser lights but the dealer couldn't show them to us in action. I'm really hoping they aren't a cold blue color but he assured me they wouldn't be and are in fact warmer than the LED lights. I can't stand sickly blue headlights and contrary to popular belief, think they're worse for penetrating the darkness and cause more eye stain.
The headlights are normal led lights in low and high beam. the laser only works in high beam and above 60km/h to complement the leds, giving more range and overall brightness.

see them here

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
About the interior ambient lighting, we may have to take into account the interior color of the car.
I mean the ambient lights will feel different (more dimmed) in a dark interior.
If you remember the EQS videos where mostly in "white" interiors, that's why were so impressive.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I wonder if number of "appropriate" colors will be limited for the brown (cognac) color seats and bottom half of the front panels.
Can't wait to find one. Because I WILL find one :)

·
Registered
323 Posts
The headlights are normal led lights in low and high beam. the laser only works in high beam and above 60km/h to complement the leds, giving more range and overall brightness.

see them here
Thanks J78. I'd watched one youtube video with a dealer explaining that the BMW Laserlights worked different in the EU than in NA but this sounds about the same.but I think we only get to have our laser lights at 70km which is fine.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts