BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what type of tyre/tire we will get with the i4 M50 - are they non-run-flats?

I would like to know for both the standard wheel size and the 20" upgrade, but can't find this anywhere.

I note the equipment package includes a puncture repair kit, so maybe they're not run-flats.

I have had several BMWs with run-flats and really don't want them when I order my i4 M50 (almost certainly with the 20" wheels). For all their convenience, I am sick of the harsh ride they provide and am happy to deal with the occasional puncture if I must. I know the M50 will have adaptive suspension so that would help, but I bet they will be even more comfortable if it's on non-run-flats.

·
Registered
92 Posts
I hope not. If you opt for one of the two performance tire options, you're certainly not going to get it. It's very uncharacteristic for an M car to have something as essential as tires compromised because of something as menial as the risk of flats. I get one every 5 year or so, and they're always slow leaks, so no problem.
In my current car, it lists run-flats as an option code on the list (but always included), on the i4 this didn't appear on the list I got from the dealership.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I hope not. If you opt for one of the two performance tire options, you're certainly not going to get it. It's very uncharacteristic for an M car to have something as essential as tires compromised because of something as menial as the risk of flats. I get one every 5 year or so, and they're always slow leaks, so no problem.
In my current car, it lists run-flats as an option code on the list (but always included), on the i4 this didn't appear on the list I got from the dealership.
Thanks, Inception, it's heartening to hear you have seen them listed as an option code in other models - sounds promising. Couldn't agree more with your observations.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts