BMW i4 Forum banner

Official BMW i4 Finance Rates, Lease Rates and Incentives

22K views 71 replies 33 participants last post by  ssh 
#1 ·
When looking into leasing options for the BMW i4 that include residuals, credits and incentives expected with the lease programs BMW will roll out, these numbers provide an early look at what could be available. Its based off of the M3 and M4 for 2021MY, and both models should have some overlap in MSRP with the i4. So as you can expect, so should the lease rates.

M3
15k miles / 53% residual
12k miles / 55% residual
10k miles / 56% residual
M3 Competition
15k miles / 52% residual
12k miles / 54% residual
10k miles / 55% residual

$500 loyalty credit (all M3)
M4
15k miles / 53% residual
12k miles / 55% residual
10k miles / 56% residual
M4 Competition
15k miles / 51% residual
12k miles / 53% residual
10k miles / 54% residual

#2 ·
More detail info on leasing the i4. Are people leaning towards leasing or buying? I am not usually a leasing person but not having to put down $25,000 to $30,000 to get lower payments interests me a lot. It sounds like that the $7500 tax credit will not apply to the lease however.

Leasing the i40 40:
Through Jan 03, 2022, customers who Pre-Order a new 2022 BMW i4 eDrive40 Gran Coupe model from participating BMW Centers, and who meet BMW Financial Services NA, LLC’s credit requirements, will be eligible for stated lease offer. Offer not valid in Puerto Rico.

Monthly lease payments of $699 per month for 36 months is based on an adjusted capitalized cost of $54,445 (MSRP of $60,420, including destination and handling fee of $995, less $3,775 capitalized cost reduction, $0 security deposit and suggested dealer contribution of $1,700 and $500 Lease Credit). Actual MSRP and dealer contribution may vary and could affect your monthly lease payment. Cash due at signing includes $3,775 capitalized cost reduction (which includes $1,500 pre-order deposit), $699 first month's payment, $925 acquisition fee and $0 security deposit. Lessee responsible for insurance during the lease term, excess wear and tear as defined in the lease contract, $0.25/mile over 45,000 miles and a disposition fee of $350 at lease end. Not all customers will qualify for security deposit waiver. Tax, title, license, registration and dealer fees are additional fees due at signing. Advertised payment does not include applicable taxes. Purchase option at lease end, excluding tax, title and government fees, is $33,231.
Offer valid to customers who place a Pre-Order deposit by Jan 03, 2022 and may be combined with other offers unless otherwise stated. Models pictured may be shown with metallic paint and/or additional accessories. Visit your authorized BMW Center for important details.
Leasing starts at
$699/month
36 months; $5,399 due at signing.

Leasing the i40 M50:
Through Jan 03, 2022, customers who Pre-Order a new 2022 BMW i4 M50 Gran Coupe model from participating BMW Centers, and who meet BMW Financial Services NA, LLC’s credit requirements, will be eligible for stated lease offer. Offer not valid in Puerto Rico.

Monthly lease payments of $849 per month for 36 months is based on an adjusted capitalized cost of $65,245 (MSRP of $71,620, including destination and handling fee of $995, less $3,725 capitalized cost reduction, $0 security deposit and suggested dealer contribution of $2,150 and $500 Lease Credit). Actual MSRP and dealer contribution may vary and could affect your monthly lease payment. Cash due at signing includes $3,725 capitalized cost reduction (which includes $1,500 pre-order deposit), $849 first month's payment, $925 acquisition fee and $0 security deposit. Lessee responsible for insurance during the lease term, excess wear and tear as defined in the lease contract, $0.25/mile over 45,000 miles and a disposition fee of $350 at lease end. Not all customers will qualify for security deposit waiver. Tax, title, license, registration and dealer fees are additional fees due at signing. Advertised payment does not include applicable taxes. Purchase option at lease end, excluding tax, title and government fees, is $39,391.
Offer valid to customers who place a Pre-Order deposit by Jan 03, 2022 and may be combined with other offers unless otherwise stated. Models pictured may be shown with metallic paint and/or additional accessories. Visit your authorized BMW Center for important details.

Leasing starts at
$849/month
36 months; $5,499 due at signing.

#13 ·
More detail info on leasing the i4. Are people leaning towards leasing or buying? I am not usually a leasing person but not having to put down $25,000 to $30,000 to get lower payments interests me a lot. It sounds like that the $7500 tax credit will not apply to the lease however.

Leasing the i40 M50:
Through Jan 03, 2022, customers who Pre-Order a new 2022 BMW i4 M50 Gran Coupe model from participating BMW Centers, and who meet BMW Financial Services NA, LLC’s credit requirements, will be eligible for stated lease offer. Offer not valid in Puerto Rico.

Monthly lease payments of $849 per month for 36 months is based on an adjusted capitalized cost of $65,245 (MSRP of $71,620, including destination and handling fee of $995, less $3,725 capitalized cost reduction, $0 security deposit and suggested dealer contribution of $2,150 and $500 Lease Credit). Actual MSRP and dealer contribution may vary and could affect your monthly lease payment. Cash due at signing includes $3,725 capitalized cost reduction (which includes $1,500 pre-order deposit), $849 first month's payment, $925 acquisition fee and $0 security deposit. Lessee responsible for insurance during the lease term, excess wear and tear as defined in the lease contract, $0.25/mile over 45,000 miles and a disposition fee of $350 at lease end. Not all customers will qualify for security deposit waiver. Tax, title, license, registration and dealer fees are additional fees due at signing. Advertised payment does not include applicable taxes. Purchase option at lease end, excluding tax, title and government fees, is $39,391.

Leasing starts at
$849/month
Not sure I understand all that, I understand the $3725 is just a nice way to say "downpayment", but does the $2150 dealer contribution means that the dealer makes $2150 less when you lease than when you buy it outright?

So I did the calculations for all the $ spent assuming you buy the car off at the purchase option price after the 3 years, and the lease total cost comes to $74,955. If you were to buy the car with the same cash down $3725, no dealer contribution, and pay it off in the 3 years with 1.99% APR, your payment would be $1941 and your total out of pocket for the 3 years $73,607, minus the $7500 tax credit if you pay enough income tax. Or, if consider the same cash down $3725, and you set a balloon payment equal to the Purchase Option at the end of year 3, with the same 1.99% APR, your payment drops to $880 and your total out of pocket becomes $74,802 minus the $7500 tax credit. So it looks like leasing is a decent deal if you are not eligible for the tax credit anyway, but the loss of the $7500 credit if you can claim it is a big chunk. I just used Excel's PMT function, I'm not sure I did it right, those of you with financial background should correct me.

#3 ·
Here's some financing info that I saw on the BMW USA Page.

Through Jan 03, 2022, customers who pre-order a new 2022 BMW i4 eDrive40 Gran Coupe from a participating BMW Center, and who meet BMW Financial Services NA, LLC credit requirements, will be eligible to receive 1.90% APR financing for up to 60 months. With the $1,500 pre-order deposit applied as a down payment, a retail installment contract on a 2022 BMW i4 eDrive40 Gran Coupe with an MSRP of $55,400.00 may be repaid in 24 monthly installments of $2,354.30 or may be repaid in 60 monthly installments of $968.62. MSRP excludes tax, title and license. Not all customers will qualify for down payment waiver or lowest rate. Other rates and payment terms available. All offers are subject to availability from existing dealer inventory. Visit your authorized BMW Center for important details.

Financing available from
1.90% APR
Monthly payments and other requirements may vary based upon model, state, creditworthiness and other factors. Contact your BMW Center to determine your actual monthly payment.

Eligible for Federal Tax Credit
Up to $7,500

The effective tax credit depends on your tax situation. We recommend consulting a tax professional to validate credit availability and eligibility. While BMW of North America, LLC does its best to keep this information up-to-date, it cannot guarantee the current accuracy or your eligibility.

Font Screenshot Number Document Event

#4 ·
Here's some financing info that I saw on the BMW USA Page.

Through Jan 03, 2022, customers who pre-order a new 2022 BMW i4 eDrive40 Gran Coupe from a participating BMW Center, and who meet BMW Financial Services NA, LLC credit requirements, will be eligible to receive 1.90% APR financing for up to 60 months. With the $1,500 pre-order deposit applied as a down payment, a retail installment contract on a 2022 BMW i4 eDrive40 Gran Coupe with an MSRP of $55,400.00 may be repaid in 24 monthly installments of $2,354.30 or may be repaid in 60 monthly installments of $968.62. MSRP excludes tax, title and license. Not all customers will qualify for down payment waiver or lowest rate. Other rates and payment terms available. All offers are subject to availability from existing dealer inventory. Visit your authorized BMW Center for important details.

Financing available from
1.90% APR
Monthly payments and other requirements may vary based upon model, state, creditworthiness and other factors. Contact your BMW Center to determine your actual monthly payment.

Eligible for Federal Tax Credit
Up to $7,500

The effective tax credit depends on your tax situation. We recommend consulting a tax professional to validate credit availability and eligibility. While BMW of North America, LLC does its best to keep this information up-to-date, it cannot guarantee the current accuracy or your eligibility.

View attachment 1782

Leasing the i40 40:
Through Jan 03, 2022, customers who Pre-Order a new 2022 BMW i4 eDrive40 Gran Coupe model from participating BMW Centers, and who meet BMW Financial Services NA, LLC’s credit requirements, will be eligible for stated lease offer. Offer not valid in Puerto Rico.

Monthly lease payments of $699 per month for 36 months is based on an adjusted capitalized cost of $54,445 (MSRP of $60,420, including destination and handling fee of $995, less $3,775 capitalized cost reduction, $0 security deposit and suggested dealer contribution of $1,700 and $500 Lease Credit). Actual MSRP and dealer contribution may vary and could affect your monthly lease payment. Cash due at signing includes $3,775 capitalized cost reduction (which includes $1,500 pre-order deposit), $699 first month's payment, $925 acquisition fee and $0 security deposit. Lessee responsible for insurance during the lease term, excess wear and tear as defined in the lease contract, $0.25/mile over 45,000 miles and a disposition fee of $350 at lease end. Not all customers will qualify for security deposit waiver. Tax, title, license, registration and dealer fees are additional fees due at signing. Advertised payment does not include applicable taxes. Purchase option at lease end, excluding tax, title and government fees, is $33,231.
Leasing starts at
$699/month
36 months; $5,399 due at signing.

Leasing the i40 M50:

Leasing starts at
$849/month
I had seen these offers when I gave my $1500, and was pretty excited with the offers you show here. I showed them to may dealer when I placed my order last week and let him know this is the deal I would like, he said dealers do not have to participate since the terms say "Dealer Suggested Contribution", and they do not plan to contribute to the cap cost reduction as shown above on these great lease deals down to the payments illustrated ?... Hoping that this gets cleared up before my car arrives, and BMW has dealers honor these lease offers for customers that ordered before January 3rd, especially if we lose the $7500 tax credit. These lease offer looks very attractive.

#8 ·
I don't think much of the current financial stuff on the US website is accurate for the i4 yet.
Or at least it and the ix are still not on the Military Program list, even after I've been verified as eligible by the site.

#14 ·
BMWUSA has the current lease rate up for the iX 50….it sucks! I can’t wait to see the i4’s published rates…. Yikes!

Through March 31, 2022, lease offer available on new 2022 BMW iX 50e models from participating BMW Centers through BMW Financial Services NA, LLC, to customers who meet BMW Financial Services' credit requirements. Offer not valid in Puerto Rico.

Monthly lease payments of $1,279 per month for 36 months is based on an adjusted capitalized cost of $85,195 (MSRP of $91,445, including destination and handling fee of $995, less $3,575 capitalized cost reduction, $0 security deposit and suggested dealer contribution of $2,675). Actual MSRP and dealer contribution may vary and could affect your monthly lease payment. Cash due at signing includes $3,575 capitalized cost reduction, $1,279 first month's payment, $925 acquisition fee and $0 security deposit. Lessee responsible for insurance during the lease term, excess wear and tear as defined in the lease contract, $0.30/mile over 22,500 miles, plus disposition fee of up to $495 (not to exceed an amount permissible by law) at lease end. Not all customers will qualify for security deposit waiver. Tax, title, license, registration and dealer fees are additional fees due at signing. Advertised payment does not include applicable taxes. Purchase option at lease end, excluding tax, title and government fees, is $46,637.

Offer valid through March 31, 2022 and may be combined with other offers unless otherwise stated. Models pictured may be shown with metallic paint and/or additional accessories. Visit your authorized BMW Center for important details.

#15 ·
I have never been able to wrap my head around leasing a car. All that money, and you don't own it at the end? o_O

#16 ·
BMW used to have good incentives and inflated lease residuals. If you wanted to keep a car for 6 years, it used to be more expensive to buy a car and keep it for 6 years than to lease and switch to a new car after 3 years.

It’s a seller markets now. Incentives and discounts are gone. Residuals are lower even if used car prices are higher. Plus, with electric cars you can only claim the tax rebate if the car is titled under your name. It doesn’t make sense to lease anymore.

#19 ·
Just saw this on my dealer's site. For i4 eDrive40

Through March 31, 2022, lease offer available on new 2022 BMW i440 Gran Coupe models from participating BMW Centers through BMW Financial Services NA, LLC, to customers who meet BMW Financial Services' credit requirements. Offer not valid in Puerto Rico.

Monthly lease payments of $749 per month for 36 months is based on an adjusted capitalized cost of $55,520 (MSRP of $61,170, including destination and handling fee of $995, less $3,815 capitalized cost reduction, $0 security deposit and suggested dealer contribution of $1,835). Actual MSRP and dealer contribution may vary and could affect your monthly lease payment. Cash due at signing includes $3,815 capitalized cost reduction, $749 first month's payment, $925 acquisition fee and $0 security deposit. Lessee responsible for insurance during the lease term, excess wear and tear as defined in the lease contract, $0.25/mile over 30,000 miles, plus disposition fee of up to $495 (not to exceed an amount permissible by law) at lease end. Not all customers will qualify for security deposit waiver. Tax, title, license, registration and dealer fees are additional fees due at signing. Advertised payment does not include applicable taxes. Purchase option at lease end, excluding tax, title and government fees, is $33,644.

Through March 31, 2022, 2.99% APR financing for up to 60 months on any new 2022 BMW i440 Gran Coupe model is available from participating BMW dealers to very well qualified customers who meet BMW Financial Services NA, LLC credit requirements. For example, with $0.00 down payment, a retail installment contract on a 2022 BMW i440 Gran Coupe with MSRP of $61,170.00 may be repaid in 24 monthly installments of $2,628.89 or may be repaid in 60 monthly installments of $1,098.87. MSRP excludes tax, title, and license. Not all customers will qualify for down payment waiver or lowest rate. Other rates and payment terms available. All offers are subject to availability from existing dealer inventory. Purchase Credit and Loyalty/Conquest Certificate available for eligible BMW Financial Services customer only. All credits valid through March 31, 2022. Credits may be combined with other offers unless otherwise stated. Qualified rate lock applicants must take delivery within 60 days of initial lock. Visit your authorized BMW Center for important details.

#20 ·
For i4 M50

Through March 31, 2022, lease offer available on new 2022 BMW i4 M50i Gran Coupe models from participating BMW Centers through BMW Financial Services NA, LLC, to customers who meet BMW Financial Services' credit requirements. Offer not valid in Puerto Rico.

Monthly lease payments of $899 per month for 36 months is based on an adjusted capitalized cost of $64,520 (MSRP of $71,670, including destination and handling fee of $995, less $5,000 capitalized cost reduction, $0 security deposit and suggested dealer contribution of $2,150). Actual MSRP and dealer contribution may vary and could affect your monthly lease payment. Cash due at signing includes $5,000 capitalized cost reduction, $899 first month's payment, $925 acquisition fee and $0 security deposit. Lessee responsible for insurance during the lease term, excess wear and tear as defined in the lease contract, $0.25/mile over 30,000 miles, plus disposition fee of up to $495 (not to exceed an amount permissible by law) at lease end. Not all customers will qualify for security deposit waiver. Tax, title, license, registration and dealer fees are additional fees due at signing. Advertised payment does not include applicable taxes. Purchase option at lease end, excluding tax, title and government fees, is $37,985.

Through March 31, 2022, 2.99% APR financing for up to 60 months on any new 2022 BMW i4 M50i Gran Coupe model is available from participating BMW dealers to very well qualified customers who meet BMW Financial Services NA, LLC credit requirements. For example, with $0.00 down payment, a retail installment contract on a 2022 BMW i4 M50i Gran Coupe with MSRP of $71,670.00 may be repaid in 24 monthly installments of $3,080.15 or may be repaid in 60 monthly installments of $1,287.50. MSRP excludes tax, title, and license. Not all customers will qualify for down payment waiver or lowest rate. Other rates and payment terms available. All offers are subject to availability from existing dealer inventory. Purchase Credit and Loyalty/Conquest Certificate available for eligible BMW Financial Services customer only. All credits valid through March 31, 2022. Credits may be combined with other offers unless otherwise stated. Qualified rate lock applicants must take delivery within 60 days of initial lock. Visit your authorized BMW Center for important details.

#22 ·
Lease terms right now are garbage everywhere.

Why would a company give good lease rates when the next guy will buy the car?

I'm buying my car. Since I pre-ordered in June I get 1.9% financing.

Signed papers for financing and final car price.

Sent from my LE2125 using Tapatalk

Reactions: dudenjen
#23 ·
You've locked in 1.9%. My dealer wants to wait until we have an estimated arrival. I wish I could lock in a 1.9% especially since inflation is raising the rates on everything right now! With all the unexpected delays, will that be available when your car finally arrives???

#27 ·
I don’t see any military discount showing through BMWUSA once you verify with ID.me… so not sure how accurate that is. It would be nice to see a higher discount, but considering the new model launch and the demand, I doubt we’ll see one.

Car Vehicle Product Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

#30 ·
Does anyone have the link to the archived webpage from BMWUSA for the finance rates? I saw it somewhere here or bimmperpost but can't find it again.

Nevermind, used my brain and googled it and found ShopBMWUSA.com | Pre-Order (archive.org)

Reactions: dudenjen
#33 · (Edited)
Here's the pre-order lease deal for the M50:

#34 · (Edited)
Here is the pre-order lease deal for the eDrive40:

#36 ·
Now THAT, would be wonderful news if my dealership in WA matches that.
But everything is better than $0

#40 ·
Has anyone determined if the pre-order financing rate of 1.9% (or 2.9% including 1% markup) applies to the BMW Select option (balloon payment) in addition to traditional financing? Trying to decide which way to go - finance, lease, or balloon with a significant amount of money down. I am eligible for the tax credit, except for the lease, in which case BMW is not passing along the credit.

#48 ·
Normally it does apply to Select - I have done 3 Selects with the only rate available for financing.

#41 ·
Just putting this out here, I was told today, that they do not have any current incentives for leasing and drew up this draft for a lease with 5k down on a MY22. I haven't tried my CU yet but SA says this would be locked in w a 3.99apr. Are these numbers par for course or should I ask to revisit once we actually do a hard check on my credit?

Font Parallel Number Pattern Paper

#42 ·
Did you have a pre-order?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.