BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone in Canada has heard anything about order dates here? Looking at the forum, it seems like people in Europe have already ordered... i talked to my Dealer and he told me he does not know. But the official spec sheet says November 1st on top. Perhaps we are 1 month away??

·
0 Posts
My dealer in Montreal said today that they have to wait for their allocation before ordering the cars and indicated they expected that to be around February/March with deliveries in the spring 3 months later. They also said nothing is set in stone and it could change...

·
Registered
MB GLA
134 Posts
My dealer in Montreal said today that they have to wait for their allocation before ordering the cars and indicated they expected that to be around February/March with deliveries in the spring 3 months later. They also said nothing is set in stone and it could change...
When I reserve mine in Montreal, he didn't talk about the order date but advised me that the delivery could be as far as October 22!!! So if they place the orders no later than March with three months for delivery it would mean an arrival at the end of June which is better than October 😊 I will check with my vendor at the show in November.

·
Registered
103 Posts
When I reserve mine in Montreal, he didn't talk about the order date but advised me that the delivery could be as far as October 22!!! So if they place the orders no later than March with three months for delivery it would mean an arrival at the end of June which is better than October 😊 I will check with my vendor at the show in November.
We put a 4000 CDN deposit on ours at the dealership in Regina which gets us one of their two allocated vehicles for likely delivery sometime in May 2022. I think how it works is that dealerships get a certain number of vehicle allocated to them and once they're gone they're gone. In Regina now, they're gone I think.

·
0 Posts
We put a 4000 CDN deposit on ours at the dealership in Regina which gets us one of their two allocated vehicles for likely delivery sometime in May 2022. I think how it works is that dealerships get a certain number of vehicle allocated to them and once they're gone they're gone. In Regina now, they're gone I think.
Yeah, all dealers will get 2 in May 2022 according to my dealer, but they aren't configurable. BMW will send what they send. That maybe what you put a deposit on. Those who reserved through BMW Canada's website got a slot to build a car and we should get to configure them this winter. BMW Canada's website now says that those who pre-order will get delivery in the Fall of 2022... so I'm guessing for me should late spring/summer delivery given I put a deposit when they started taking deposits. In any case, I think it's safe to say the process is very confusing and dealers don't know much and tell us what we want to hear :p

·
Registered
MB GLA
134 Posts
Yeah, all dealers will get 2 in May 2022 according to my dealer, but they aren't configurable. BMW will send what they send. That maybe what you put a deposit on. Those who reserved through BMW Canada's website got a slot to build a car and we should get to configure them this winter. BMW Canada's website now says that those who pre-order will get delivery in the Fall of 2022... so I'm guessing for me should late spring/summer delivery given I put a deposit when they started taking deposits. In any case, I think it's safe to say the process is very confusing and dealers don't know much and tell us what we want to hear :p
Humm believe me I was not happy to get an estimate delivery on October 2022 ! Somebodies knoes how much i4 each dealer could receive next year? I think that my dealer has 30 i4 sold to date!!! I just reserve three weeks ago so I should be far away in the queue!

·
Registered
Kona EV, 335i convertible, K1600b mc
175 Posts
Humm believe me I was not happy to get an estimate delivery on October 2022 ! Somebodies knoes how much i4 each dealer could receive next year? I think that my dealer has 30 i4 sold to date!!! I just reserve three weeks ago so I should be far away in the queue!
If memory serves me, my dealer told me, their allocation was 10 and I was well into it

·
Registered
103 Posts
I think you're right. The salesperson was doing his best to explain what was going on but admitted that delivery times were a bit foggy. We did sit with him and configure the car exactly as we wanted. If it takes a bit longer to get the car that's fine because we'll just put more into our down payment savings but this is the only time in our lives where we have configured a new car exactly how we wanted it so we're not giving that up for a delivery a few months earlier. If we have it before the end of next summer, I'll be happy. I want to enjoy it at least for a little while before we put snow tires on it.

·
Registered
103 Posts
I'm in "kickin' and screaming into the future" Saskatchewan and our order was only the second one at the Regina Dealership. Maybe talk to the Saskatoon dealership and you might get one of their allocations. I've so far bought two vehicles in Quebec and it's a nice drive in a new car to take it home. Maybe you could do the same in reverse?

·
Registered
MB GLA
134 Posts
I'm in "kickin' and screaming into the future" Saskatchewan and our order was only the second one at the Regina Dealership. Maybe talk to the Saskatoon dealership and you might get one of their allocations. I've so far bought two vehicles in Quebec and it's a nice drive in a new car to take it home. Maybe you could do the same in reverse?
It is something to take in consideration but what about the subvention of $8000 from Quebec? Is it still available if I bought the car in Saskatchewan?

·
Registered
103 Posts
It is something to take in consideration but what about the subvention of $8000 from Quebec? Is it still available if I bought the car in Saskatchewan?
Wow...that's a serious subsidy! In Saskatchewan we have the opposite. We get a bill for 150 dollars per year for the road tax we're not paying because we're not buying gas. Maybe that's why there are so many being sold there and so few here. You'd have to check if you could get your subsidy or not from the provincial authorities. haha...how about you buy my car from me and get it sooner and I buy your car from you and get it later and take the subsidy?

·
Registered
MB GLA
134 Posts
Wow...that's a serious subsidy! In Saskatchewan we have the opposite. We get a bill for 150 dollars per year for the road tax we're not paying because we're not buying gas. Maybe that's why there are so many being sold there and so few here. You'd have to check if you could get your subsidy or not from the provincial authorities. haha...how about you buy my car from me and get it sooner and I buy your car from you and get it later and take the subsidy?
Ah ah it's not the way it's doing in Québec !!!
Nice try, I will check with my dealer and will push is back to get a better delivery date with penalty if they are late !!!!

·
Registered
2017 340i
25 Posts
As others have mentioned, the Quebec government is offering an $8,000 rebate on electric cars that cost less than $60,000. Is there any way for someone living in Ontario to buy a new i4 in Quebec, get the rebate and then register the car in Ontario. The key, of course, is to avoid having to pay sales tax in both provinces.

·
0 Posts
As others have mentioned, the Quebec government is offering an $8,000 rebate on electric cars that cost less than $60,000. Is there any way for someone living in Ontario to buy a new i4 in Quebec, get the rebate and then register the car in Ontario. The key, of course, is to avoid having to pay sales tax in both provinces.
I highly doubt it... You have to be a Quebec resident to benefit from the subsidy and the car must be registered in the province for 12 months or you have to refund the 8k...

·
Registered
2017 340i
25 Posts
I highly doubt it... You have to be a Quebec resident to benefit from the subsidy and the car must be registered in the province for 12 months or you have to refund the 8k...
My sister lives in Quebec. I wonder if I could use her home address to register the car.

I guess then I'd technically be a Quebec resident for one year and have to pay Quebec income tax. On second thought, maybe I'll pass......

1 - 20 of 34 Posts