BMW i4 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 82 Posts

· Registered
BMW i4 M50
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
I’ve been status 047 since early April when I ordered so our dealer must have got allocation last week or a cancellation in their queue ahead of me.

My spec is light on extras so perhaps that is why I’m getting an earlier production date, less parts to coordinate availability. At this stage the production week is estimated so all can change.

· Registered
BMW i4 M50
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
This weeks update, still 111 but estimated build date now 17th October 2022 with delivery late November.

Reactions: Squirrel1974

· Registered
BMW i4 M50
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Bumped again, now Status 111 and Week 44 - w/c 31st October.

· Registered
2,232 Posts
I have a sneaky suspicion loyal BMW customers are getting some kind of priority. My SA has not reached out to me in over a month.
I can tell you that is not the case.
Once you get a production number it is out of the hands of the dealer and BMW USA (or regional BMW).

The factory schedules it without regard for the dealer.

Waiting for my M50......

Reactions: Elle BMW and ssh

· Registered
BMW i4 M50
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
While I'm waiting for BMW to collate the parts for my car I thought I'd spice things up a bit for them 😂

When we specced the car I really wanted the cognac interior but in the UK its only available with the M Sport Seats. I also don't like the cognac on the dash so that needs the leather dash to get it in all black. Adding the dash adds the comfort pack........Anyway it was pushing the cost north and we decided to stick with Black Vernasca.

However seeing so many San Remo Green Cars coming through with cognac interiors I can't help thinking I'll regret not going for it. So at the risk of further delay I've asked the lease company to quote for the changes.

Reactions: ssh

· Registered
2022 i4 eDrive40 MSport TBII
2,803 Posts
I have a sneaky suspicion loyal BMW customers are getting some kind of priority. My SA has not reached out to me in over a month.
I'd disagree, as well? I've never owned a BMW before, but my experience went pretty well, with the CA reaching out whenever he had news or a cancelled car to offer. Might be a problem with your individual point of contact rather than with loyalty?

· Administrator
2023 i4 m50 Portimao/Oyster
7,948 Posts
I'd disagree, as well? I've never owned a BMW before, but my experience went pretty well, with the CA reaching out whenever he had news or a cancelled car to offer. Might be a problem with your individual point of contact rather than with loyalty?
I'm also getting the impression that the (already high) turnover is even worse than before the pandemic. Many of these folks are likely new and don't even know how to figure out what we're learning here...

Reactions: Elle BMW

· Registered
2 Posts
How do you get a production number? How long does it take to receive a prod number? I placed my order on August 2nd. My dealer contact just gave me a copy of the 'order' form, basically a computer screen print out.

· Administrator
7,948 Posts
How do you get a production number? How long does it take to receive a prod number? I placed my order on August 2nd. My dealer contact just gave me a copy of the 'order' form, basically a computer screen print out.
You'll get a production number when BMW AG accepts the order. You typically get this when an allocation for your dealer becomes yours. It may take months before you see it (sorry). If you add your specs to your signature or let us know what they are, we may be able to give you a bit more of an estimate. e40s seem to be moving a bit faster these days...

· Registered
BMW i4 M50
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
I had my order number as soon as the order was placed with dealer. I didn’t get an allocation until later. I’ve been using that same order number to track progress with BMW Live Chat Genius team.

• Helpful
Reactions: Hernkath and ssh

· Registered
1,349 Posts
You will get a production number when you get it, that's about it with the USA i4 at this moment. You will get the number faster if you ordered an eDrive40 and not an M50, but faster is undetermined.

Reactions: Hernkath and ssh

· Registered
2 Posts
You'll get a production number when BMW AG accepts the order. You typically get this when an allocation for your dealer becomes yours. It may take months before you see it (sorry). If you add your specs to your signature or let us know what they are, we may be able to give you a bit more of an estimate. e40s seem to be moving a bit faster these days...
Thanks, I'll have to put on my patient hat. Here are my specs while I figure out how to add it to my tagline...
i4 eDrive40 M Sport - Mineral White w/ Cognac interior: ZHO, ZMP

· Administrator
7,948 Posts
Thanks, I'll have to put on my patient hat. Here are my specs while I figure out how to add it to my tagline...
i4 eDrive40 M Sport - Mineral White w/ Cognac interior: ZHO, ZMP
Upper right, click on your big H, select Account Settings, then Signature from the left nav.

• Helpful
Reactions: Hernkath

· Registered
BMW i4 M50
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
My order was upgrade to Status 150 today scheduled for Week 47 w/c 21st November. Just when I was expecting another bump Thursday!

• Love
Reactions: ssh and Technic

· Registered
2,232 Posts
My order was upgrade to Status 150 today scheduled for Week 47 w/c 21st November. Just when I was expecting another bump Thursday!
I'm envious.

No status change for me. Scheduled for production for 5 weeks now.

Waiting for the bump.

Waiting for my M50......

· Registered
BMW i4 M50
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Yes although I've been waiting a while and certainly didn't luck into a cancelled order I do feel for those of you who have been waiting longer......with no clear indication of why.

· Registered
2,232 Posts
Yes although I've been waiting a while and certainly didn't luck into a cancelled order I do feel for those of you who have been waiting longer......with no clear indication of why.
I can't imagine how an order placed in April for an M50 delivered before pre-orders was not a pre-order cancellation?

There is a queue that is six months deep. Sorry but you are in denial. If the dealer said it was a new allocation, they lied.

I have been bumped from production pretty much for six months over and over again.

There were people that ordered before the first of the year that didn't have production numbers.

Waiting for my M50......

· Registered
BMW i4 M50
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
My order was made to the dealer in April and sat at status 047 until start of June when the dealer received a new batch of allocations, it was then mid October before it was scheduled for production. Neither of us can be sure one way or the other.

· Registered
2,232 Posts
My order was made to the dealer in April and sat at status 047 until start of June when the dealer received a new batch of allocations, it was then mid October before it was scheduled for production. Neither of us can be sure one way or the other.
I can be pretty sure that an M50 order placed in April, being building soon, was a pre-order that someone walked away from.

My dealer has a queue of M50's from last year that are still awaiting scheduling. They have production numbers and have been sitting at "order received" since.

There are people on this forum with pre-orders from the first wave of last year that are not being built that have had an allocation/production number since Dec and Jan that dont have cars.

There are second wave people that don't have cars being built.

Believe what you want but I am 99.999% sure that dealers claiming they got an "allocation" for an M50 being built before the backlog is solved is giving away pre-order slots that people got fed up and walked away from.

Or the other explanation is BMW AG has decided to screw everyone in line and make them mad.

My dealer has only received a handful of M50's. Besides the demo that they sold, maybe 2 or 3.

When I hear hooves, I look for horses and not zebras.

Waiting for my M50......

21 - 40 of 82 Posts