BMW i4 Forum banner
61 - 80 of 82 Posts

· Registered
5.0 V8 Range Rover, Smart Roadster, i4 eDrive 40
1,049 Posts
Yes but sometimes you’re approaching the line as you are signalling…….and I am a BMW driver, with expectations to live up to😂
The worst bit is when you’re overtaking a lorry that drifts into your lane as you’re alongside - in an old car you just drift too and get out of its way, in the i4 you try that and it tries to shove you into the side of the lorry! 😳

· Registered
BMW i4 M50
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
Exactly, I’ve experienced it in hire cars before but while annoying it didn’t bother me too much, it seems more aggressive in the i4.

Reactions: Squirrel1974

· Administrator
2023 i4 m50 Portimao/Oyster
7,766 Posts
Note you can adjust the level of intensity for the corrections (early, medium, reduced).

· Registered
BMW i4 M50
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
Thanks, I hadn’t found that setting yet!

· Registered
BMW i4 M50
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
The result form the tyre Lottery......ours came with Hankook tyres. I've had Hankook's before and other than feeling they were a bit noisy have been happy with them. These ones on the M50 seem fine so far, they haven't been struggling for grip at any point, they have coped well with standing water and they seem to be pretty quiet.

I normally run winter tyres so to be driving on summer tyres in winter is unusual for me, I can feel the difference today particularly as we are around 0C with ice today and snow forecast for tomorrow. I will probably pop into dealers this week and order the winter set.......

Reactions: dudenjen and ssh

· Administrator
7,766 Posts
The result form the tyre Lottery......ours came with Hankook tyres. I've had Hankook's before and other than feeling they were a bit noisy have been happy with them. These ones on the M50 seem fine so far, they haven't been struggling for grip at any point, they have coped well with standing water and they seem to be pretty quiet.

I normally run winter tyres so to be driving on summer tyres in winter is unusual for me, I can feel the difference today particularly as we are around 0C with ice today and snow forecast for tomorrow. I will probably pop into dealers this week and order the winter set.......
Hope you can get the winters. I have the Hankooks, too, and didn't like them when it got cold or a little icy. Glad to have my Goodyear Ultragrip Performance+ on now.

· Registered
BMW i4 M50
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
We have been driving our Defender. The snow thawed today so took the i4 out, definitely need to get winters, it’s ok for traction on summers with AWD but braking was not as good as on winters and it did require a delicate use of throttle😳

· Administrator
7,766 Posts
We have been driving our Defender. The snow thawed today so took the i4 out, definitely need to get winters, it’s ok for traction on summers with AWD but braking was not as good as on winters and it did require a delicate use of throttle😳
...and the cold will wear those nice summer tires faster!

· Registered
7 Posts
Can anyone on here help me understand if I'm being taken for a ride. Ordered my M50 (few extras) in October 2021 (yes, 16 months ago). Latest from BMW - no build date, will only commit to it being "sometime at the back end of the year". That's outrageous, right? Or are there others in same boat? Seeing the original poster order in April and having car ready in December makes me feel like a right fool. Any suggestions?

· Registered
1,746 Posts
Can anyone on here help me understand if I'm being taken for a ride. Ordered my M50 (few extras) in October 2021 (yes, 16 months ago). Latest from BMW - no build date, will only commit to it being "sometime at the back end of the year". That's outrageous, right? Or are there others in same boat? Seeing the original poster order in April and having car ready in December makes me feel like a right fool. Any suggestions?
Yours would be a pre-order and not an order.
Pre-orders were before the website went live in Nov, 2021.

You need to ask for your production number and VIR. Back end of this year; 2023?

They sound sketchy. Ask them for your VIR. You should have configured your car in Nov/Dec 2021 and you should have gotten a production number by now since pre-orders were not standard allocation.

Don't know your configuration, but I pre-ordered on June 1, 2021 and my car was just built and is sitting at port.

Waiting for my M50......

· Registered
7 Posts
Yours would be a pre-order and not an order.
Pre-orders were before the website went live in Nov, 2021.

You need to ask for your production number and VIR. Back end of this year; 2023?

They sound sketchy. Ask them for your VIR. You should have configured your car in Nov/Dec 2021 and you should have gotten a production number by now since pre-orders were not standard allocation.

Don't know your configuration, but I pre-ordered on June 1, 2021 and my car was just built and is sitting at port.

Waiting for my M50......
Many thanks. I have what they told me is my order number and build slot number...but that nothing has been allocated. Spec wise; pretty much the base model M50 with a couple of packs and the sunroof so nothing at all out of the ordinary. But they (lease company and BMW) are being deliberately vague. Getting ridiculous now but don't know what to do about it!

· Registered
7 Posts
Is the “they” you reference here actually BMW or instead your dealer?
I've spoken to the leasing company, the dealer and BMW Customer Services! Order number and build number are consistent (as in I quote the numbers and they find me on their system). But not helping to get me a date. That others who have ordered somewhat later already have cars or know when they will get is not improving my mood!

· Registered
BMW i4 M50
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #74 ·
Sounds strange, is it a relatively small dealer who may have more orders than allocations, could there be a number of people who ordered at the same time as you with the same dealer and they are still working through the list.

There are plenty of brand new cars for sale at dealers, do a search on Autotrader. Can your lease company work with dealers to find a car in stock that matches your spec?

· Registered
1,746 Posts
I've spoken to the leasing company, the dealer and BMW Customer Services! Order number and build number are consistent (as in I quote the numbers and they find me on their system). But not helping to get me a date. That others who have ordered somewhat later already have cars or know when they will get is not improving my mood!
I will say that depending on options it could be a long wait.

My pre-order was June 1, 2021 and my car was built last week. Now I'm at port. From All accounts it was a shortage of 20" wheels that kept pushing my cat out. I had an original production date in week 21 of 2022. Actual production was week 3, 2023. So I do feel your pain and frustration.

It had nothing to do with allocation because once you have a production number you are at the mercy of BMW AG and their logistics and scheduling. So if you have a production number all you can do is wait.

Waiting for my M50......

Reactions: generic.user

· Registered
7 Posts
I will say that depending on options it could be a long wait.

My pre-order was June 1, 2021 and my car was built last week. Now I'm at port. From All accounts it was a shortage of 20" wheels that kept pushing my cat out. I had an original production date in week 21 of 2022. Actual production was week 3, 2023. So I do feel your pain and frustration.

It had nothing to do with allocation because once you have a production number you are at the mercy of BMW AG and their logistics and scheduling. So if you have a production number all you can do is wait.

Waiting for my M50......
Enjoy it.

· Registered
7 Posts
Just be happy you have a production number already. I have ordered at the dealer 12.2021 and I still have not receive a production number yet.

... Waiting, waiting, waiting ...
Spoke to them again yesterday - unable to give me a date other than "we expect by the end of the year". They've gone as far as suggesting that if I need a car this year I should cancel and go for a Tesla!

· Registered
1,746 Posts
Spoke to them again yesterday - unable to give me a date other than "we expect by the end of the year". They've gone as far as suggesting that if I need a car this year I should cancel and go for a Tesla!
The only people that know is BMW AG. They can't tell you when it will be built until you have a VIN. With "just in time" production; if something doesn't arrive, you get kicked.

My car was "scheduled for production" off and on for 8 months. Yes 8 months; from April to finally December when they issued a VIN and mine was a day 1 pre-order.

No amount of calling, complaining or anything else will get it built faster and will only add to your frustrations. I should know.

Here is my saga:
June 2, 2021 - Assigned to dealer
Nov 18, 2021 - Configured
Dec 23, 2021 - Configuration accepted by BMW AG and production number issued.
Jan 3, 2022 - week 21 build assigned
April 20, 2022 - Scheduled for production
May 13, 2022- Back to order received
May 29, 2022 - Scheduled for production
June 7, 2022 - Back to order received
June 14 2022- Migrated to MY2023
June 29, 2022 - Scheduled for production
June 29, 2022 - Week 30
July 20, 2022 - Week now slipped to 31
July 22, 2022 - Week now slipped to 32
July 28, 2022 - Back to order received
Aug 1, 2022 - Week 38 (six week slip from last date)
Aug 31, 2022 - Back to order received and proposed week 42. (4 week slip)
Sept 1, 2022 - Request for tartufo full leather
Sept 3, 2022 - Request Approved
Sept 6, 2022 - MyBMW updated with tartufo
Sept 6, 2022 - Week 47 (5 week slip)
Oct 8, 2022 - Scheduled for production (Again) Didn't bother to check the date.
Dec 16, 2022 - VIN assigned and entering
production.
Jan 15, 2023 - Production Start
Jan 19, 2023 - Dispatched from Factory
Jan 23, 2023 - At port

Waiting for my M50......

• Sad
Reactions: generic.user
61 - 80 of 82 Posts