BMW i4 Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2017 BMW 430i GC
31 Posts
Just got call from dealership (Melbourne), my October allocation has been moved to early 2023. Ordered in April 2022. Apparently nationwide issue. Anyone else been notified? Not happy Jan!
I ordered early May 2022 and haven’t got an allocation yet, so no call this week. Hopefully not too many behind you @cel . Have been working to a mid year 2023 timeline based on dealer advice so hopefully this is consistent news.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I ordered from Waverley BMW three weeks ago and have had zero contact or emails to confirm anything. I have a contract of sale.

Did wonder how many weeks or months I can go without chasing them for an update….don’t want to wait six months and then hear “order, what order? Maybe we lost it”

I think I can wait until early September and then will chase them.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I placed my order in March '22 for an eDrive40 through a dealer in Brisbane. I signed the contract and paid a deposit, with the delivery date on the contract stating 30 March '23.

Pushing 7 months and there's still no certainty. I followed up with the dealer recently and was told that I'll need to wait until January '23 for confirmation of a production date. According to the dealer, the delivery date is now somewhere in the "first half of the year". I've lost all confidence that it will be delivered in March (or even the first half of the year).

I've got to the point where I'm reconsidering my options and looking to cancel my order, which would be a costly decision. I don't have any special clause that would allow a full refund of the deposit. On top of this, the dealer advised against cancelling now as I would also incur a penalty fee equivalent to 10% of the total price of the car.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 · (Edited)
I placed my order in March '22 for an eDrive40 through a dealer in Brisbane. I signed the contract and paid a deposit, with the delivery date on the contract stating 30 March '23.

Pushing 7 months and there's still no certainty. I followed up with the dealer recently and was told that I'll need to wait until January '23 for confirmation of a production date. According to the dealer, the delivery date is now somewhere in the "first half of the year". I've lost all confidence that it will be delivered in March (or even the first half of the year).

I've got to the point where I'm reconsidering my options and looking to cancel my order, which would be a costly decision. I don't have any special clause that would allow a full refund of the deposit. On top of this, the dealer advised against cancelling now as I would also incur a penalty fee equivalent to 10% of the total price of the car.
That's interesting. I just checked my contract and it has this in it:

9. Delays in delivery
The Motor Dealer shall make every reasonable effort to make the purchase vehicle available for delivery on or before the delivery date stated in this contract. Where delivery is delayed more than 14 days the purchaser may terminate this contract by notifying the Motor Dealer in writing, unless the delay is caused by the purchaser.

I was also verbally told by the sales manager that since my delivery date has moved from Oct 22 to early 23, my options are either to cancel and get full refund of deposit, purchase a different vehicle, or just wait.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
28 Posts
The Stock Controller at Canberra BMW sent me an email indicating that ‘Australia has used all its 2022 allocation slots, however, is working with the factory to try to secure additional build slots. In the event that additional units are unable to be secured, they have advised that production will likely occur in 2023’.

This doesn’t matter to me, as my i4 will replace my current 330e when the lease runs out in April 2023.

I was collecting my 330e after a service yesterday, so I spoke with him briefly. He indicated that BMW were allocating build slots to areas with the greatest need to reduce CO2 emissions. Has anyone else heard anything similar?

21 - 27 of 27 Posts