BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do not have my e40 yet but will in a week!

Curious about people’s experience with how much battery depletion they have noticed while unplugged, say over night. How about sitting for a week at an airport? Eventually the batteries will need to be changed after sitting, but how long is that?

I will be making weekend round trips of about 85 miles. I assume this is very doable, but can I make it without charging for three days between each trip, including short grocery or running around trips for those three days.

·
Registered
2022 Tesla Model 3 - for now
1,686 Posts
You can adjust settings to minimize loss of charge over a long airport parking stay. Charged to 80% and it should last several weeks or more.

85x3=255

e40 range is 301 on 18's, 282 on 19s.

Yes it should make it, but why not plug it into a 110 outlet for a couple of hours, or even overnight, and give yourself some extra cushion? (I'm not sure why I interpreted the question as 3 round trips of 85 miles each over one weekend...)

If you're asking if the car can go 85 miles plus some local driving in the middle, almost certainly, unless it's all uphill driving. :unsure: My TM3 is the LR version, but I only plug it in once every 10-12 days. It doesn't have THAT much more range than an i4.

·
Registered
From G30 Individual to i4 M50 Aventurin Red/Mocha
169 Posts
Do not have my e40 yet but will in a week!

Curious about people’s experience with how much battery depletion they have noticed while unplugged, say over night. How about sitting for a week at an airport? Eventually the batteries will need to be changed after sitting, but how long is that?

I will be making weekend round trips of about 85 miles. I assume this is very doable, but can I make it without charging for three days between each trip, including short grocery or running around trips for those three days.
On a business trip for the first time since picking mine up, left 3 days ago, when unplugged was at 90%/214miles. 3 days later, it's showing 90%/213miles.

Yes, I've been driving it hard.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everyone and great to hear there is almost no loss and would take some time.

My e40 has 19s and like @bobkalka, I also drive hard and don’t plan on stopping because I’m moving to EV. Benefit I do have is warm weather year round. Next week cannot come quick enough.

E40
Tanzanite blue
Red Tacora
Dap
Pap
19”
M Sport
shadow line
HK
HUD
Wireless charge

·
Registered
317 Posts
Ditto here, I've had my car for a week plus a day and it sat in my garage for 4 days, no depletion at all was noticed. I also sat in it at the dealer for almost 2 hours with AC running in this Florida heat and I think it dropped about 1% in that time. And I've yet to recharge it since I got it, only doing some local runs. I'm down to about 50% now. My miles/kwh is a bit low at 2.5miles/kwh expectedly with a bit of idle time, and some jack rabbit starts!:rolleyes:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts