BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
2015 i3 Rex, i4 M50 Spartanburg PC delivery 8/4/22 traded in Volvo XC40 EV
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Just activated free EA charging with no issue. I used the activation code with the “-22” at the end and my VIN. Using EA for a year. Considering keeping my $4 per month plan as I would break even if I charge 33 minutes per month over the free 30 minutes charging. At least my Volvo XC40 needed frequently 40 minute plus charging sessions but the range is way less than my M50 with 19”.

·
Premium Member
2020 330i xDrive Portimao Blue
1,967 Posts
My dealer did great. Did the final paper work on Friday, July 29 and they gave me my Volvo EV as a loaner with dealer license plate until yesterday.
View attachment 13283
That’s the way dealers should be with good customers!

Reactions: Elle BMW

·
Registered
Ordered: '23 i4 M50 Portimao Metallic Blue/Cognac Garage: '16 Audi S5
335 Posts
My dealer did great. Did the final paper work on Friday, July 29 and they gave me my Volvo EV as a loaner with dealer license plate until yesterday.
View attachment 13283
That is a very good idea. I will ask if I can do a similar thing if I trade in our car. Then when I drive to the airport, I can drop the loaner at dealer and Uber to the airport for my flight to Spartanburg. Sweet!

Keep those reports coming!

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just got to the hotel. They typically have 6 to 8 pairs at the hotel. They pick you up in a white X5, my driver was very nice. If you are a Marriott Bonvoy member I would recommend calling the hotel with your number. I am a Titanium member and got lounge access. Even BMW paid for the night you get the credit for the night.

Car Land vehicle Vehicle Tire Cloud

·
Premium Member
1,967 Posts
Just got to the hotel. They typically have 6 to 8 pairs at the hotel. They pick you up in a white X5, my driver was very nice. If you are a Marriott Bonvoy member I would recommend calling the hotel with your number. I am a Titanium member and got lounge access. Even BMW paid for the night you get the credit for the night.

View attachment 13299
Am planning the same. Lifetime Titanium (what a stupid designation!) is worth lounge and usually an upgrade.

Reactions: Elle BMW

·
Registered
2022 i4 eDrive40, Skyscraper Gray, DAPP, PAP, Laserlight, Drive Recorder, eSIM Harmon Kardon
1,130 Posts
View attachment 13283
That was the color of my Volvo XC40.....they were going to give me my car back for a loaner, but decided to let me use a X1 instead. I think they might have had someone interested in the Volvo so they wanted to keep it.

Reactions: Elle BMW and ssh

·
Premium Member
1,967 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
My first impressions. The i4 M50 is amazing, doesn’t compare with my Volvo XC 40 EV. The car is very fast even in Eco Pro which I am using on my ride home. I do have the new 7/22 software but still had some difficulties with the route planner, the car wanted me to go through WV with questionable chargers. Found a work around by putting an EA charger on my desired route as the final destination than the car got it.
The adaptive cruise control and the automatic lane changing works very well. I am amazed by the heads up display. it even shows the map once you get close to your turns. More to follow…

·
Registered
2022 i4 eDrive40, Skyscraper Gray, DAPP, PAP, Laserlight, Drive Recorder, eSIM Harmon Kardon
1,130 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Learned something new I would like to share. Eco Pro is identical to Comfort except in Seat Heating, Climate Control and Eco Pro Sight. Meaning it had the same power as Comfort. Some people on this forum believe driving in Eco Pro is lame. In EcoPro individual you even could set Damping and Steering to Sport. Trying to answer all the questions I had while I was waiting. More to follow….

Automotive design Mode of transport Audio equipment Gadget Flat panel display

·
Premium Member
1,967 Posts
What’s Eco Pro Site?

Reactions: Magicrat

·
Registered
Ordered: '23 i4 M50 Portimao Metallic Blue/Cognac Garage: '16 Audi S5
335 Posts
Learned something new I would like to share. Eco Pro is identical to Comfort except in Seat Heating, Climate Control and Eco Pro Sight.
I think a former poster who was one of the first to receive an M50 provided his analysis of the driving modes. He claimed some measurements showing that the Eco-Pro accelerator power curve was adjusted to have more play at the top, i.e. softer acceleration, than at the bottom of the pedal range. Same power availability overall though as comfort.

My read of the manual does seem clear that Eco-Pro just adjusts some systems and is silent on power delivery.

I am interested in this because I am debating on whether I will do my initial drive back from the PC in Eco-Pro or Comfort. I figure 600 miles at the speed limit in Comfort mode should be a good break in for the car. Then when I get home I can try out the fun stuff.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
I think a former poster who was one of the first to receive an M50 provided his analysis of the driving modes. He claimed some measurements showing that the Eco-Pro accelerator power curve was adjusted to have more play at the top, i.e. softer acceleration, than at the bottom of the pedal range. Same power availability overall though as comfort.

My read of the manual does seem clear that Eco-Pro just adjusts some systems and is silent on power delivery.

I am interested in this because I am debating on whether I will do my initial drive back from the PC in Eco-Pro or Comfort. I figure 600 miles at the speed limit in Comfort mode should be a good break in for the car. Then when I get home I can try out the fun stuff.
I am pretty sure there was no difference in performance between EcoPro and Comfort but definitely between those two and Sport. Wow. However switching between those settings messes up your range planning and I stopped playing with that. Whenever I switched to Sport or Comfort it added extra chargers. Like I said EcoPro is not wimpy at all and I would recommend playing a little bit on your way to your first chargers and than stick with EcoPro.
The new software is still buggy but workable. For example the screen below doesn’t make sense. It claims I will have 28% at 1.11am and I had already 78% at 1.10am.

Car Plant Vehicle Light Automotive design

1 - 20 of 56 Posts