BMW i4 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
i4M50 SRG Merino Ivory - delivered on May 27th
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Here is an introduction to my M50. I will be posting my experiences and some pictures in this thread.
  • The car was ordered on June 16th 2021 and delivered on May 27th 2022.
  • The color specs are San Remo Green with individual Merino Ivory extended leather interior. Initially I had Brooklyn Grey, but when live car pictures started to come in I was drawn to San Remo Green
  • The main added options are electric seats, Shadowline extended design plus lights, Harman Kardon, Laserlights, 859M wheels, Ambient lights, Adaptive cruise control, Parking Assistant plus and darkened windows.
  • The badges are removed from the sides and from the back - my car is a sleeper. Ceramic coating all over the car, plus PPF in critical places like the hood and front.
  • I was lucky in the tire lottery and got Michelin Sports.

Here are some pictures from the delivery, just moments before the badges were removed.

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Car Vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Grille

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
San Remo Green is a fascinating color, it changes character according to light conditions - in dark it looks almost like black, in sunshine it sparkles gold and green. The down side with the color is that it shows the dirt, for a lazy car washer metallic dirt color would work better:)
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Hood

Wheel Tire Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Car

Tire Car Wheel Vehicle Plant

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Looks lovely - which is a relief as it’s almost the same spec as mine - which I’m still waiting for. Do you have any pictures of the interior showing contrast with the green exterior.
Thanks

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Looks lovely - which is a relief as it’s almost the same spec as mine - which I’m still waiting for. Do you have any pictures of the interior showing contrast with the green exterior.
Thanks
@PhilipA Merino Ivory works really well with SRG. We have birches - white trunk and green leafs, and lawn full of clovers - white flowers in the green lawn. Colours of the Nordic summer and i4.

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Plant

Vehicle Car Window Motor vehicle Automotive design

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Congrats - beautiful color! Interior/exterior color combo is really nice. Looks like you got the 19-inch wheels; good choice. That's what I got, and I'll be happier with the extra range that provides.
Yep, 19-inch wheels. So far I have charged to 80% while there has not been longer trips. The range with 80% has been 420km (260 miles) in warm conditions. With 100% plus 500km (+ 300 miles) is very feasible. During July we will go for a longer road trip.

·
Registered
2021 Mach E (i4 M50 on order)
55 Posts
Yep, 19-inch wheels. So far I have charged to 80% while there has not been longer trips. The range with 80% has been 420km (260 miles) in warm conditions. With 100% plus 500km (+ 300 miles) is very feasible. During July we will go for a longer road trip.
I've set my at-home charging level to 85% (I'll charge to 100% on days when I'm leaving on a longer road trip). The reviews I've seen on this car suggest that highway range is surprisingly good due to the low coefficient of drag (about as low as most Tesla models). I'm taking a 1,500-mile road trip in about a week. I'll report back on that when I return.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
What has been good?
  • Merino leather is a small everyday luxury, Sports seats are super nice and comfortable. I tested M-seats and had them in my configuration early on. However, I found them too hard and narrow for my preferred driving position legs wide open and relaxed cruising. My style is more Gran Tourer than aggressive race driving.
  • Speed and acceleration is brutal and fun. Most of the time I use Eco Pro which is also very fast if needed. Every once in while it is time for serious fun with Sports mode. Comfort mode is kind of in between and I have used it very seldomly.
  • Adaptive cruise is really good, I use it every time and it makes driving in traffic more convenient.
  • Harman Kardon sound system is really worth it, especially since the car is to silent you can really enjoy. a great listening experience.

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Steering part Automotive design

Car Wheel Vehicle Tire Hood

·
Registered
M50, Sapphire black, Tacora red leather, Piano black trim, Comfort Pack, full Technology Plus Pack
194 Posts
That's a nice colour combo. I had to think long and hard about the green, having seen it on an ICE 4 series at the local dealer. It's lovely paintwork. Glad you had it wrapped too; don't know how much you did, but you might well want to get the doors done as well. This will be a nightmare to colour match properly.

I have a deposit down on a Brooklyn grey, which I really like. But nowhere near actually speccing the car for build, and I could well change my mind between now and then. Aventurine red looks great in the flesh as well!

·
Registered
23 Posts
So happy you posted this. Ive been on the fence since switching my order from 40 to 50 about exterior color. I'm already firmly in the ivory interior camp. I had it down to black or green. After seeing your pics, I'm going the the San Remo. Thanks for posting all these pics!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
That's a nice colour combo. I had to think long and hard about the green, having seen it on an ICE 4 series at the local dealer. It's lovely paintwork. Glad you had it wrapped too; don't know how much you did, but you might well want to get the doors done as well. This will be a nightmare to colour match properly.

I have a deposit down on a Brooklyn grey, which I really like. But nowhere near actually speccing the car for build, and I could well change my mind between now and then. Aventurine red looks great in the flesh as well!
That was exactly how the colour selection went down with me. Original order was Brooklyn Grey. Then I went to see ICE versions - Brooklyn Grey, Portimao Blue and San Remo Green - at the local dealership. Luckily they had the cars side by side so it was extremely easy to compare. I was totally sold with San Remo Green - Brooklyn Grey and Portimao Blue are nice colours, but they are one dimensional IMO.

The only downside with SRG is that it does not hide dirt and dust. You need to wash it often.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
So happy you posted this. Ive been on the fence since switching my order from 40 to 50 about exterior color. I'm already firmly in the ivory interior camp. I had it down to black or green. After seeing your pics, I'm going the the San Remo. Thanks for posting all these pics!
Great selection, I am happy with my spec. It is invigorating to sit in a comfy and luxurious Ivory cabin. Prefer it over darker interior despite the extra hassle of cleaning. I have System X leather cover in the interior.

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Plant

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
What do I regret not ordering
- HUD actually would have been nice since the acceleration is to brutal that you speed very easily. Locally the price was very steep +1.400€, so I think it is not worth the cost. Perhaps after getting the first speeding ticket of 1.000€ I will regret my decision seriously.
Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle registration plate Plant Car Vehicle

1 - 20 of 50 Posts