BMW i4 Forum banner

After delivery of your i4, you will:

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Your after delivery action plan

to be detailed in comments

examples: removing residual badges, change the sound system, tinkle the windows, add an ambient light, change the wheels, make a covering, modify the programming of the onboard chip

·
896 Posts
Please explain your question: Change what? Your behavior on the forum? Your behavior within your family? Your behavior in your car? Your behavior towards society?
An example would help us understand your question...

·
896 Posts
I already have a split personality. I just have to strengthen one of them a bit more...

·
Registered
820 Posts
Yeah the poll is a little bit confusing.
Change what? ...the seats? :LOL:

I was about to vote lots of things, based on my computers, smartphones, TVs etc... that I really really REALLY (did I say really) change in my liking and preference of functionality.

So, if we have the means to change things (without sacrificing SAFETY, because it is a car and it could kill you) using apps like bimmercode or what ever hacks out there, I will definitely do.

If you are referring to membranes and weird spoilers and aftermarket additions etc.. probably not.

·
Registered
820 Posts
...and that is a good thing, and says a lot about the i4.
It is not a ...Tesla where you NEED aftermarket leds and...i'd don't know...steering wheels, and rims etc.
BMW i4 is a solid car.

·
1,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
@Lord I agree!

In this kind of idea: I would like to be able to use Android / Apple for everything that is not security / assistance, and not see the manufacturer interface anymore, except alarms and so. Like smartphones, we would download sound banks, skins, dashboards... and lots of apps that could exploit all the tech

·
Registered
820 Posts
The ideal would be for BMW to release their API to the public, but as we said ...safety issues.
But i am expecting lots of hacks or maybe even a USB TV tuner ? (I have one right now in my PC where I'm sitting).
More apps and widgets are certain from BMW because they want our money, but legit 3rd party apps (even some free) might also happen. (Maybe even from ...us!).

·
896 Posts
Hacking is certainly one of the possibilities. A lot of options do exist in your car, they're just not activated.
I also activated "Lane Assist" in my Audi A4 even though I did not pay €500 for it...

Reactions: Lord

·
Registered
820 Posts
Hacking is certainly one of the possibilities. A lot of options do exist in your car, they're just not activated.
I also activated "Lane Assist" in my Audi A4 even though I did not pay €500 for it...
Yeah. And this happens since ever!
I remember like 20-25 years ago there were 2 Ericsson models of mobile phones. T-something I think. And they had like 150€ difference for some feature. Otherwise the same. I knew there was a hack that could make the cheap having the functionality of the expensive one. So it was no brainer!

·
896 Posts
Well look at the BMW 118d, 120d, 125d a few years back, they all have the same 2-liter engine, except that the power was limited a bit more in the lower versions going from 140HP, over 184HP to 204HP...
But those are things that cannot just be hacked in a blink of an eye, and not just by anyone...

·
Registered
472 Posts
I will wrap the roof and spoiler black. Then change gear knob, idrive knob and start button to crystal aftermarket version.

Time will tell how long time it will take until I actually will do this 😁

·
Registered
77 Posts
When i get my car i will change one or two things.
I want to order the M Performance shifter in carbon and have the dealer change it before delivery. Need to talk to them about that. Also considering to order a start stop button in a different color. Looked like an easy thing to do yourself.

Then i need to wait and see how other people change the height of the car, and what front springs etc that comes to market.

I will also get a full ceramic coating, still considering PPF on the front. Its the same price as repainting hood/bumper to get front end including fenders and lights so im really on the fence if its worth the money spent.
My current car i did not PPF and it did not affect tradein value at all. Its painfull every time you wash the car and find a new rock chip, but in the end so is spending 2000€+ for some plastic film to be applied.. 😅

Instal of charger at 1000€, ceramic coating 800-1000€ pluss another 2000-2400€ in PPF makes it very expensive to take delivery of the car.. 🤑

·
Registered
39 Posts
As I ordered the i4 without M package, I was not able to have everything in black. I ordered the i4 in sapphire black and therefore I will wrap the grill and the grey sideskirts to black too. Some programming (with Bimmercode) on the chip is also needed, but I don't know if that voids the warranty. Changing the gear knob and the start button would be awesome too, but I don't know if it is possible and how to do it. And last but not least, aftermarket rims and lowering.

·
Registered
231 Posts
1. I will see if I can add front and rear fog lights to the car. Front fog lights are in the 4 series but not the gran coupe.
Rear fog lights can be programmed, but the button for them won't light up. So I need a light switch from a 4 series from Europe that has both front and rear fog lights otherwise the buttons won't light up on the dashboard at night.
2. I will look for an aftermarket spoiler, that I can paint to match the sunset orange of the car. Rear spoiler makes the car really stand out in a crowded lot, and it looks good.
3. Would love to see someone make led versions of the blue accents available on sides of the white cars. I would put that on instead of the black accents the car comes with.
4. Toying with the idea of moving my night vision camera from my current vehicle to the new one. Its an aftermarket unit.
5. Even though I will have the event recorder, I have a damn good dashcam that I would probably move also because it stays on all the time.
6. I ordered the car with all features. But one thing I hate is blanks where buttons for features would be on other cars.
So I order the plastic button caps with the graphics and switch them out. Maybe I'll forgo the one for the convertible switch though. That would be confusing to people.
7. Bimmer-tech usually comes out with a Multimedia Interface that can be added to I-drive, which will allow me additional video inputs. My current one allows me to screen-mirror my phone, they have one that adds apple TV, and it adds my front and nightvision cameras. Retrofits, Upgrades and Parts for BMW | BimmerTech if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
152 Posts
I want to order the M Performance shifter in carbon and have the dealer change it before delivery. Need to talk to them about that. Also considering to order a start stop button in a different color. Looked like an easy thing to do yourself.
Little hint: The shifter comes with different carbon which matches with the M performance carbon interior and not with the normal carbon interior.

and it’s a hell of work to replace the start button. One hour or so

·
Registered
820 Posts
My smartphone doesn't look and act at all like a usual android phone, my smart TVs are almost full blown computers, and my computers are ...well... I asked my main PC when I "finished" its programming, building and customization..."Tell me, is there a God?" and it answered me "Yes, NOW there is one!"

So, I expect no less from my i4!

1 - 20 of 63 Posts