BMW i4 Forum banner

Is your Assisted Driving Plus feature working (both steering wheel lights illuminated solid green)

1 - 20 of 165 Posts

·
Registered
2022 i4 eDrive 40, Aventurin Red, DAPP, PAP, HUD
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
For those with the Driver Assistance Pro Package (DAPP), can you please confirm if the Assisted Driving Plus feature (aka Extended Traffic Jam Assistant) is working properly on your vehicle? This is described in the User Manual (BMW Owner's Manuals - BMW USA) on page 217. For the purpose of this poll, "Working" means you've successfully engaged Assisted Driving Plus with both steering wheel lights illuminated solid green and hands free driving under 40mph (no nags to touch the wheel from the car).
Please respond "Working" or "Not Working", and the software version of your vehicle.

Thanks!

·
Registered
358 Posts
Just tried mine it doesn't seem to work. Traffic jam assist didn't kick in when I hit traffic for 5min, is it supposed to switch from dynamic cruise right? Only my second time using this feature.

·
Registered
2022 i4 eDrive 40, Aventurin Red, DAPP, PAP, HUD
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just tried mine it doesn't seem to work. Traffic jam assist didn't kick in when I hit traffic for 5min, is it supposed to switch from dynamic cruise right? Only my second time using this feature.
It’s supposed to prompt you when conditions are met, and then you press the “Mode” button to select the “Assisted Plus” mode. Steering wheel indicators will illuminate solid Green while active. See pg 217 of manual.
What is the software version on your car?

·
Registered
358 Posts
It’s supposed to prompt you when conditions are met, and then you press the “Mode” button to select the “Assisted Plus” mode. Steering wheel indicators will illuminate solid Green while active. See pg 217 of manual.
What is the software version on your car?
I believe it's this version 07/2022.33. I never saw the Assisted Plus came on it's supposed to kick in below 40mph? I'm still half way through reading the manual. :)

·
Registered
'22 - i4 M50
570 Posts
I believe it's this version 07/2022.33. I never saw the Assisted Plus came on it's supposed to kick in below 40mph? I'm still half way through reading the manual. :)
Next time try activating Assisted Driving Mode during stop and go free way traffic; it's where Assisted Driving Plus kicks in automatically and as a result, most useful in that setting. Driving on surface streets with Assisted Driving Plus doesn't really make much sense, so if you're trying to get it to work there it's likely going to disappoint.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Next time try activating Assisted Driving Mode during stop and go free way traffic; it's where Assisted Driving Plus kicks in automatically and as a result, most useful in that setting. Driving on surface streets with Assisted Driving Plus doesn't really make much sense, so if you're trying to get it to work there it's likely going to disappoint.
It was already activated it keeps asking to keep my hands on the wheel so I assumed traffic jam assist wasn’t activated.

·
Super Moderator
2023 i4 m50 Portimao/Oyster
5,722 Posts
It was already activated it keeps asking to keep my hands on the wheel so I assumed traffic jam assist wasn’t activated.
The manual says you have to select the mode when the offer shows up. See page 217 or so.

• Helpful
Reactions: Elle BMW

·
Registered
358 Posts
The manual says you have to select the mode when the offer shows up. See page 217 or so.
I never saw it pop up, supposed to be a ding sound never heard it either. I pressed mode saw two options, regular cruise control and dynamic cruise with lane change. No traffic jam icon. Will test later today in traffic. I actually don't mind the way things work currently, my hands are always on steering wheel. Traffic jam assist just won't nag you to put the hands on correct? Everything else works exactly the same?

·
Super Moderator
2023 i4 m50 Portimao/Oyster
5,722 Posts
I never saw it pop up, supposed to be a ding sound never heard it either. I pressed mode saw two options, regular cruise control and dynamic cruise with lane change. No traffic jam icon. Will test later today in traffic. I actually don't mind the way things work currently, my hands are always on steering wheel. Traffic jam assist just won't nag you to put the hands on correct? Everything else works exactly the same?
Correct.

I think you have to be in lane keeping/steering assist for it to offer it.

·
Registered
2015 i3 Rex, i4 M50 Spartanburg PC delivery 8/4/22 traded in Volvo XC40 EV
514 Posts
For those with the Driver Assistance Pro Package (DAPP), can you please confirm if the Assisted Driving Plus feature (aka Extended Traffic Jam Assistant) is working properly on your vehicle? This is described in the User Manual (BMW Owner's Manuals - BMW USA) on page 217. For the purpose of this poll, "Working" means you've successfully engaged Assisted Driving Plus with both steering wheel lights illuminated solid green and hands free driving under 40mph (no nags to touch the wheel from the car).
Please respond "Working" or "Not Working", and the software version of your vehicle.

Thanks!
Working great. 07/2022.30

·
Registered
'22 - i4 M50
570 Posts
Correct.

I think you have to be in lane keeping/steering assist for it to offer it.
This is accurate, the mode also triggers a notification takeover on the right screen indicating that's the mode you're in.

·
Registered
'22 - i4 M50
570 Posts
Interesting, I'm at .33 but checking for an update reports none are available. I am driving a edrive40 - I wonder if the M50 may have an update specific only to that model?
I was at the dealer on Monday to clear the valet mode recall and they must have given me the latest patch available, which may not have been pushed OTA yet.

·
Registered
'22 - i4 M50
570 Posts
Which version number?
07/2022.40
Sky Font Gadget Automotive design Line

I think iDrive8 and perhaps the backend services connected to it for OTA are either slow or not working correctly for some. Within MyBMW app, I still show 03/2022.52 as installed in my car, but clearly that's not right so the sync is off. This leads me to question the overall services & architecture entirely, so losing faith here a bit.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Traffic Jam Assist isn’t working for me for sure. I encountered a few instances during assisted driving never saw an option to enable traffic jam mode. Honestly it works pretty well just holding my hand on the wheel. Otherwise, you’d have to go from relaxing completely in traffic jam to remembering to put the hands on the wheel. I wonder why some of us can’t get this to work. The sensor isn’t blocking with steering wheel either and even took off my sunglasses still no luck. I hope it’s not broken.

1 - 20 of 165 Posts